Q: Is quasar distribution even across the sky or is it skewed?

Old August 26th 11, 08:54 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Mike Dworetsky

Default Is quasar distribution even across the sky or is it skewed?

7 wrote:
Q: Is quasar distribution even across the sky or is it skewed?

It appears to be even, in the sense that the number of quasars per unit
solid angle is uniform over the entire sky.

If quasar distribution is even then universe was homogeneous at birth,
but if it is uneven, then other universes are nearby
and tugging at our universe.

Really? Gosh!!

If the skew is really bad - i.e. its a straight line, then
probably the origin of the universe is from two massive
black holes colliding at immense speeds many orders of magnitude
faster than c.

Uh...? What...?

For a short period, the resulting debris field would behave
identical to inflation. But soon after that, space and time

Do you know what (early cosmic) inflation is?

will have been born and everything restricted to traveling at c.
Quasars are probably the black hole bits from the original bang
that escaped first without having been vaporized. Their geometric
distribution across the sky is key to understanding the original
structure from whence they came from.

So if the distribution is more or less uniform, then what?

--
Mike Dworetsky

(Remove pants sp*mbl*ck to reply)

Old August 26th 11, 10:21 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
7[_2_]

Mike Dworetsky wrote:

7 wrote:
Q: Is quasar distribution even across the sky or is it skewed?

It appears to be even, in the sense that the number of quasars per unit
solid angle is uniform over the entire sky.

Is it also uniform over different bands of z?
Very interesting to know.

The quasars with highest z had the longest time to be affected
by imperfections in the big bang.

Plus are you sure it is even distribution? I can't find a single
work showing that this is the case.

Old August 26th 11, 01:32 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
bert

On Aug 26, 3:54*am, "Mike Dworetsky"
wrote:
7 wrote:
[...]

No direction favors quasars. At their great distance they have to be
about 1,000 times brighter than our galaxy. This great brightness
comes from their massive black hole feeding on solar masses. One a
day.We are lucky they give out strong radio signals. Quasar 3C 273 is
30 million times smaller than the Milky Way yet it turns out more
energy in one second than the Sun does in three million years (WOW
TreBert
Old August 26th 11, 03:48 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Aug 25, 7:52*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 25/08/2011 3:38 PM,dlzcwrote:
On Aug 25, 11:31 am, Yousuf *wrote:

We know what quasars are, they are blackholes as you
say, but they are just the normal blackholes at the
centers of galaxies that are actively swallowing gas from
their galaxies, also known as Active Galactic Nuclei
(AGNs). The gas that escapes the accretion disk then
gets propelled out through polar jets.

Like the Milky Way has right now.
http://www.solstation.com/x-objects/gam-bub.htm
... *someone* out there would sees us as a quasar.

I saw this as a sign that we were an AGN in the past, but
are not one right now. But then again with intergalactic
distances, somebody looking back at us from another
galaxy, might just see us at the exact right moment when
we were erupting.

What makes you think we've stopped?

All we can see is the skin of a normal matter balloon, displacing
normal matter. We have just seen / noticed this. We don't know if
contents are diffusing across the balloon walls (similar to a
heliosheath), or if the balloon is getting larger. We don't know what
the contents of the balloons are, but "everyone" says it is Dark.

David A. Smith
Old August 26th 11, 03:52 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
dlzc

Dear 7:

On Aug 26, 2:21*am, 7
email_at_www_at_enemygadgets_dot_...@enemygadgets .com wrote:
Mike Dworetsky wrote:
7 wrote:
Q: Is quasar distribution even across the sky or is it skewed?

It appears to be even, in the sense that the number of quasars
per unit solid angle is uniform over the entire sky.

Is it also uniform over different bands of z?
Very interesting to know.

You have access to the data, and it references the paper that tells
how to understand the data format. It is not too large to be
contained in an Excel spreadsheet. Why do you charge others with
*your* understanding?

The quasars with highest z had the longest time to be affected
by imperfections in the big bang.

No, not true. Lowest z is closest, with oldest contents, most
"affected by imperfections in the Big Bang".

Plus are you sure it is even distribution? I can't
find a single work showing that this is the case.

You have the data. Get off your lazy butt and look.

David A. Smith
Old August 26th 11, 09:46 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 26/08/2011 10:48 AM, dlzc wrote:
I saw this as a sign that we were an AGN in the past, but
are not one right now. But then again with intergalactic
distances, somebody looking back at us from another
galaxy, might just see us at the exact right moment when
we were erupting.

What makes you think we've stopped?

All we can see is the skin of a normal matter balloon, displacing
normal matter. We have just seen / noticed this. We don't know if
contents are diffusing across the balloon walls (similar to a
heliosheath), or if the balloon is getting larger. We don't know what
the contents of the balloons are, but "everyone" says it is Dark.

I'd expect to see a jet in the middle of that bubble if we were still
erupting.

Yousuf Khan
Old August 26th 11, 11:14 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
eric gisse

Yousuf Khan wrote in -
lp.com:

On 26/08/2011 10:48 AM, dlzc wrote:
I saw this as a sign that we were an AGN in the past, but
are not one right now. But then again with intergalactic
distances, somebody looking back at us from another
galaxy, might just see us at the exact right moment when
we were erupting.

What makes you think we've stopped?

All we can see is the skin of a normal matter balloon, displacing
normal matter. We have just seen / noticed this. We don't know if
contents are diffusing across the balloon walls (similar to a
heliosheath), or if the balloon is getting larger. We don't know what
the contents of the balloons are, but "everyone" says it is Dark.

I'd expect to see a jet in the middle of that bubble if we were still
erupting.

Yousuf Khan

I don't know why david has the notion that an AGN is somehow invisible to
the host galaxy...
Old August 26th 11, 11:41 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Eric Gisse:

On Aug 26, 3:14*pm, eric gisse wrote:
Yousuf Khan wrote -
lp.com:

On 26/08/2011 10:48 AM, dlzc wrote:
I saw this as a sign that we were an AGN in the past, but
are not one right now. But then again with intergalactic
distances, somebody looking back at us from another
galaxy, might just see us at the exact right moment when
we were erupting.

What makes you think we've stopped?

All we can see is the skin of a normal matter balloon,
displacing normal matter. *We have just seen / noticed
this. *We don't know if contents are diffusing across the
balloon walls (similar to a heliosheath), or if the balloon
is getting larger. *We don't know what the contents of
the balloons are, but "everyone" says it is Dark.

I'd expect to see a jet in the middle of that bubble if we
were still erupting.

I don't know why david has the notion that an AGN is
somehow invisible to the host galaxy...

I don't know how you can be ignorant of the fact that we can see
nothing more energetic than infrared on the ecliptic, due to dust,
Eric. If you are going to talk to me, please talk to me.

David A. Smith
Old August 26th 11, 11:47 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Aug 26, 1:46*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 26/08/2011 10:48 AM, dlzc wrote:

I saw this as a sign that we were an AGN in the past, but
are not one right now. But then again with intergalactic
distances, somebody looking back at us from another
galaxy, might just see us at the exact right moment when
we were erupting.

What makes you think we've stopped?

All we can see is the skin of a normal matter balloon,
displacing normal matter. *We have just seen / noticed
this. *We don't know if contents are diffusing across the
balloon walls (similar to a heliosheath), or if the balloon
is getting larger. *We don't know what the contents of the
balloons are, but "everyone" says it is Dark.

I'd expect to see a jet in the middle of that bubble if we were still
erupting.

Not if it is filled with "Dark" matter, not if the jet acts like a
laser:
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives...7344.Ch.r.html

.... and seems to me we've seen MIlky Way jets...
http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/abs/10.1139/p86-099
.... whihc may have since been discounted.

David A. Smith
Old August 27th 11, 12:13 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
eric gisse

dlzc wrote in
:

Dear Eric Gisse:

On Aug 26, 3:14*pm, eric gisse wrote:
Yousuf Khan wrote

-
lp.com:

[...]

Dust is not magic. It is opaque, but also emits which gives us a strong
knowledge of the luminosity of whatever is sitting behind it.

Plus the dust that obscures the central region of the galaxy is
transparent to microwaves. We can see just fine.

In fact, we've repeatedly seen events where the central black hole
flares up because it ate something.

Eric. If you are going to talk to me, please talk to me.

David A. Smith

xnews only shows new posts. Didn't and still don't give enough of a ****
to dig for the parent and respond.