Just started building a new rotating Dome

Old May 1st 05, 06:45 PM
Ian Sharp

Default Just started building a new rotating Dome

Hi all,

I've just embarked on a new project which I hope to complete by the end of
the Summer. I'ts a new observatory with a 3.2m rotating dome. I've put some
initial pics and details on http://www.astro-sharp.com/dome_building_1.asp.

As I get to significant landmarks in the construction, I'll bore you all
silly with pictures of fibreglassing, concreting and woodworking which I
KNOW you'll all enjoy!

Cheers
Ian

Old May 1st 05, 09:16 PM
JATO

On Sun, 1 May 2005 18:45:54 +0100, "Ian Sharp"
wrote:

Hi all,

I've just embarked on a new project which I hope to complete by the end of
the Summer. I'ts a new observatory with a 3.2m rotating dome. I've put some
initial pics and details on http://www.astro-sharp.com/dome_building_1.asp.

As I get to significant landmarks in the construction, I'll bore you all
silly with pictures of fibreglassing, concreting and woodworking which I
KNOW you'll all enjoy!

Cheers
Ian

Nice job Ian!!
Keep us posted.

-JATO
http://jatobservatory.org
Old May 1st 05, 09:30 PM
Davoud

Ian Sharp:
I've just embarked on a new project which I hope to complete by the end of
the Summer. I'ts a new observatory with a 3.2m rotating dome. I've put some
initial pics and details on http://www.astro-sharp.com/dome_building_1.asp.

As I get to significant landmarks in the construction, I'll bore you all
silly with pictures of fibreglassing, concreting and woodworking which I
KNOW you'll all enjoy!

Nice work! You will enjoy this project when as it progresses and
especially the finished product.

Your pics won't bore me! I bored everyone with my own observatory
construction pics last year
http://www.davidillig.com/observatory.shtml. So please update when
you can!

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old May 2nd 05, 07:57 PM
Erik

MMMmmmmm......dommmme....
(he said in his Homer jealous voice).

Seriously, I liked the pics. I was too busy last summer to follow
Davoud's project (just had a look at it now -- nice!). Good luck and
keep us posted!

Erik
socalsw

Ian Sharp:

http://www.astro-sharp.com/dom=ADe_building_1.asp.

As I get to significant landmarks in the construction, I'll bore

you all silly with pictures of fibreglassing, concreting and
woodworking which I KNOW you'll all enjoy!

Nice work! You will enjoy this project when as it progresses and

especially the finished product.

Your pics won't bore me! I bored everyone with my own observatory

construction pics last year
http://www.davidillig.com/obse=ADrvatory.shtml. So please update

when you can!=20

Davoud=20

--=20
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com

Old May 2nd 05, 09:16 PM
CLT

I can't build my own right now, so I will enjoy it vicariously through
yours!

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

To reply, remove Delete and change period com to period net