Washington DC Vacation: What to see?

Old February 24th 05, 04:20 AM
Keith F. Lynch

Pat Flannery wrote:
Keith F. Lynch wrote:
Thanks. I will add the first two of those events to the calendar,
but only if I can find some confirmation. I don't know of any
"Galaxy bookstore" anywhere in or near Washington DC. And I can
find no mention of that documentary on NASM's website. The third
isn't an event to which the general public is invited.

That was a joke, son. See, I was implying that that NASA's plans to
finish the ISS are science fiction.

As I said, we also list science talks, and pretty much anything else
that WSFA members are likely to be interested in. And are allowed to
get to.

(I say, the boy seems to be a bit slow on the uptake....) :-)

Tone of voice doesn't convey very well on the net.
--
Keith F. Lynch - http://keithlynch.net/
Old February 24th 05, 07:40 AM
Peter Stickney

Pat Flannery writes:

Does anyone know if Thulsa Doom ever wore a crown of thorns? That would
explain a lot.
The way the picture of the rug is done is strange- the whole thing has
an odd Byzantine or Moorish feel to it.

Hmmm... Thulsa Doom - Tulsa Oklahoma...
Os oklahoma a synonym for Doom? (You betcha - the last time I was in
Oklahome, my first words were "I'm doomed!")
Coincidence? I say Nay!

--
Pete Stickney

Without data, all you have are opinions
Old February 24th 05, 03:36 PM
Pat Flannery

Keith F. Lynch wrote:

Pat Flannery wrote:

Keith F. Lynch wrote:

Thanks. I will add the first two of those events to the calendar,
but only if I can find some confirmation. I don't know of any
"Galaxy bookstore" anywhere in or near Washington DC. And I can
find no mention of that documentary on NASM's website. The third
isn't an event to which the general public is invited.

That was a joke, son. See, I was implying that that NASA's plans to
finish the ISS are science fiction.

As I said, we also list science talks, and pretty much anything else
that WSFA members are likely to be interested in. And are allowed to
get to.

You will note that I had the thing listed as a "Science Fiction related
event" and had a "wink" smiley at the end; indicating that there was
something a bit funny about the list.
I've run into this problem before; I got a long email from a German
informing me that there was no such thing as "Uberstickenstuffengluen
Ersatzenductishtappen" and accusing me of only knowing enough German to
get to a bar or the red light district- which is true, but beside the point.

(I say, the boy seems to be a bit slow on the uptake....) :-)

Tone of voice doesn't convey very well on the net.

I'll try to be loads more obvious next time. :-)

Pat