Book Alert: Full Moon

Old April 3rd 04, 09:38 PM
Kevin Willoughby

Default Book Alert: Full Moon

I dropped by Border's book store this afternoon. I walked out with 3
copies of Michael Light's wonderful Full Moon. Superb reproductions of
the very best of the Apollo photographs. They cost me $16. That's $16
*total*, $5.33 each. I gladly paid ten times that for my first copy.

(This is the full size version. The small version is apparently still in
print, since the small version is on the normal shelves, priced at $25.)
--
Kevin Willoughby lid

Imagine that, a FROG ON-OFF switch, hardly the work
for test pilots. -- Mike Collins
Old April 3rd 04, 10:28 PM
John Beaderstadt

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 15:38:27 -0500, Kevin Willoughby
wrote:

I dropped by Border's book store this afternoon. I walked out with 3
copies of Michael Light's wonderful Full Moon. Superb reproductions of
the very best of the Apollo photographs. They cost me $16. That's $16
*total*, $5.33 each. I gladly paid ten times that for my first copy.

(This is the full size version. The small version is apparently still in
print, since the small version is on the normal shelves, priced at $25.)

Hmm. Methinks I need to have a word with the wife.

Old April 4th 04, 05:21 AM
Scott Hedrick

"John Beaderstadt" wrote in message
Hmm. Methinks I need to have a word with the wife.

"Hey! Slacker! There's some *d00d* on Usenet who found a space book you
didn't! Am I gonna have to start wearing pink undies and a rainbow pin to
get proper literary servicing around here?"

Old April 4th 04, 09:59 AM
OM

wrote:

I dropped by Border's book store this afternoon. I walked out with 3
copies of Michael Light's wonderful Full Moon. Superb reproductions of
the very best of the Apollo photographs. They cost me $16. That's $16
*total*, $5.33 each. I gladly paid ten times that for my first copy.

(This is the full size version. The small version is apparently still in
print, since the small version is on the normal shelves, priced at $25.)

Hmm. Methinks I need to have a word with the wife.

....Indeed. The very concept that Kev found a Mrs. Beady-level bargain
before Mrs. Beady did could be classified as a Revelational
Seal-Breaking Event!

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old April 4th 04, 06:15 PM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...Indeed. The very concept that Kev found a Mrs. Beady-level bargain
before Mrs. Beady did could be classified as a Revelational
Seal-Breaking Event!

Cut to image of angel firmly grasping a seal in both hands, as the seal
balances the world on its nose.... ;-)

Pat

Old April 4th 04, 07:49 PM
Hop David

Pat Flannery wrote:

OM wrote:

...Indeed. The very concept that Kev found a Mrs. Beady-level bargain
before Mrs. Beady did could be classified as a Revelational
Seal-Breaking Event!

Cut to image of angel firmly grasping a seal in both hands, as the seal
balances the world on its nose.... ;-)

Pat

That's the seventh seal those dagnab angels have abused. Call the SPCA.

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html

Old April 25th 04, 03:33 PM
David Higgins

Kevin Willoughby wrote:
I dropped by Border's book store this afternoon. I walked out with 3
copies of Michael Light's wonderful Full Moon. Superb reproductions of
the very best of the Apollo photographs. They cost me $16. That's $16
*total*, $5.33 each. I gladly paid ten times that for my first copy.

A belated thanks for this, Kevin. She-Who found two copies at
a local Borders. The price was a little higher -- $7.99 -- but
still quite a find. Thanks.

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Misc 6 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The apollo faq the inquirer UK Astronomy 5 April 15th 04 04:45 AM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM
The Apollo Moon Hoax FAQ v4.1 November 2003 Nathan Jones Misc 20 November 11th 03 07:33 PM