Red Moon?

Old August 9th 03, 05:49 AM
Stephen Tonkin

Default Red Moon?

A. Edwards wrote:
I don't suppose anyone has noticed the prepoderence of combine
harvesters in the fields lately?

Sore point. Bloody tractor and wheat trailer backed into my car
yesterday (yes, I *was* in it at the time!).

Best,
Stephen

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old August 9th 03, 06:07 AM
Kev

"Stephen Tonkin" wrote in message
A. Edwards wrote:
I don't suppose anyone has noticed the prepoderence of combine
harvesters in the fields lately?

Yes, my chest certainly has 8-(

Sore point. Bloody tractor and wheat trailer backed into my car
yesterday (yes, I *was* in it at the time!).

Hope you're ok Stephen.

Kev

Old August 9th 03, 09:05 AM
Stephen Tonkin

Kev wrote:
Sore point. Bloody tractor and wheat trailer backed into my car
yesterday (yes, I *was* in it at the time!).

Hope you're ok Stephen.

I was a bit shaken at the time. I thought I was a gonner -- the tractor
driver didn't hear my hooter. The trailer wheel took out a headlight,
ripped off the bumper and made a slight dent in the metalwork of the
front before the driver realised he'd hit something. The lad was
desperately apologetic! I drive an old car (G -reg Sierra) and, living
in the country, I don't expect it to remain pristine, but the car is
still going to need some repair. Bummer. Mind you, I'm off to Zimbabwe
late next week, so I'll not miss it.

Best,
Stephen

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Old August 9th 03, 10:34 AM
Kev

Kev wrote:
Sore point. Bloody tractor and wheat trailer backed into my car
yesterday (yes, I *was* in it at the time!).

Hope you're ok Stephen.

I was a bit shaken at the time. I thought I was a gonner -- the tractor
driver didn't hear my hooter. The trailer wheel took out a headlight,
ripped off the bumper and made a slight dent in the metalwork of the
front before the driver realised he'd hit something. The lad was
desperately apologetic! I drive an old car (G -reg Sierra) and, living
in the country, I don't expect it to remain pristine, but the car is
still going to need some repair. Bummer. Mind you, I'm off to Zimbabwe
late next week, so I'll not miss it.

Im pleased that its just the car then.. take care !
Kev

Old August 9th 03, 10:48 AM
A. Edwards

Err - Stephen Tonkin mumbled something like:
A. Edwards wrote:
I don't suppose anyone has noticed the prepoderence of combine
harvesters in the fields lately?

Sore point. Bloody tractor and wheat trailer backed into my car
yesterday (yes, I *was* in it at the time!).

Best,
Stephen

Nasty - everything OK (person-wise) I hope?

Arthur

52:30:25N, 1:17:51E
http://www.ambermile.co.uk

---

Old August 10th 03, 12:31 AM
Simon

Once in a blue moon?

apparently this phrase comes from a rare phenomina that causes the moon to
look blue is in colour, im not surewhat it is,,, any one know?
my CCD images of the moon fail to show the redish colour too well in
Cambridge, well not as good as the eye does
Regards

Simon