Stephen Hawking's Interstellar Spaceship Proposal (And More!)

Old May 28th 16, 05:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default Stephen Hawking's Interstellar Spaceship Proposal (And More!)

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 3:41:25 PM UTC+12, David Mitchell wrote:
On 27/05/16 13:48, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

Extremely tiny amounts of antimatter have been contained for very sort time
periods. I don't see how these methods that require an entire laboratory can
be extended to a tiny craft which would require very small amounts of
antimatter, or for large craft that would require large amounts of
antimatter stored for long periods.

Agreed. And even if it could be contained, getting any useful thrust
out of it without blowing up the tiny craft would be even more
challenging tech (I'd say orders of magnitude more difficult than
containment). This is because you'd have to extract the smallest amount
of antimatter from the containment without disturbing the rest of the
antimatter in storage. Tricky, tricky, tricky...

Jeff

Not sure which one, but one of the Mil-SF writers keep his antimatter
electrostatically suspended in sacrificial specks of silicon, billions
of them.

It's safe enough to handle as a liquid; but when it's made hot enough
the containment fails and the silicon becomes reaction mass.

The Silicon doesn't have to be sacrificed. That's the point.

In 2003 physicists outlined the state of technology of anti-matter containment and pointed to solid state methods of containment as being potentially very efficient.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._conta inment

Back then, Sauge, in 2001, Surko in 1988 (both listed in the paper here) considred the possibility of positron-molecule bound states. Suggesting to me that molecular vibrational modes can play a role in the creation and maintenance of these bound states to extend the life of a positronium molecule indefinitely. The idea of creating a sort of solid-state matter that acts as a sponge to store positronium was suggested in this 2003 paper as well. This inspired my own researches.

Nanofabricated quasi-crystals - compounds with micro-scale porosity - built with large well defined cavities that operate as potential wells that contain positronium and maintain their stability by mediating the exchange of low energy photons between them - can achieve densities of Ps storage exceeding the density of iron whilst the quasi-crystal itself, is the density of an aerogel. In round figures, 8,000 kg per cubic meter of Ps, 800 grams per cubic meter of quasi-crystal. A mass ratio of 10,000 to 1. A Ps powered photon rocket with this mass ratio can attain 0.99999998 c.

Additional features built into the crystalline properties beyond containment, is the ability to slow light down and structure it so that positronium is efficiently created. The inverse process, the ability to control the spin and fine structure of positronium as it collides to produce light that is structured, slow, and then operated upon by a photonic crystal to produce a collimated beam of any wavelength of light desired.

This is a more advanced form of stopping light... and restarting it.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...quantum-memory

while storing the energy at very high density in the form of bound Ps in the quasi crystal.

The ability to take two long wave photons and produce one short wave photon was achieved 10 years ago

http://www.photonics.com/Article.aspx?AID=27063

The inverse process multiplies photons from a single high energy photon. Visible light is in the 1.8 eV to 2.8 eV range. Positronium produces two 511,000 eV photons. So, starting with 524,288 photons of visible wavelength and doubling their energy through 19 stages, ends up with two 511,000 eV photons that are squeezed slowed and structured so that they efficiently interact with structures within the quasi crystal to form a Ps pair - and are then actively kept stablised in a molecular quantum well... until needed, and then the gamma ray pair is split and expanded to recreate 524,288 photons in the visibl range, and direct it in the desired direction.

Controlling the direction of the resulting light, as well as the colour and intensity, is an important detail for propulsion or energy beaming or image production.

http://www.mit.edu/~soljacic/broadba...imation_OE.pdf

A spherical shell 230 microns in diameter and 1 micron thick 386.89 nanograms of silicon formed into an allotrope called silicene - analagous to graphene. 8.318x10^15 silicon atoms.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1212.5763.pdf

A 460 micron diameter spot on a wafer contained in a atomic force microscope, is laboriously built after careful simulation in a super computer. That sheet of material then folds up to form a functional three dimensional product.

It has a projected area that lets it collect 41.54 microwatts of sunlight. Enough to make 507.47 million Ps molecules per second. It can store 1 microgram of Ps storing 90 megajoules of energy. At the Earth's surface this cell requires 68,655 years of sunlight to fill this storage capacity. It takes 18 months to fill a cell like this when it operates on the solar surface.

A cell has a mass ratio of 3.584714 to 1.00000 - which means it can blast up to 85.556% light speed - without slowing down. It can also accelerate to 56.376% light speed and slow back down to planetary speeds.

A minimum energy transfer from Earth to Solar surface, involves blasting off the Earth so that you are flying tangent to its orbital motion, along the trailing edge with a hyperbolic excess velocity equal to the earth's orbital speed. The Earth orbits the sun at 29.77 km/sec. Earth's escape velocity is 11.19 km/sec. The speed that must be attained at the end of boost, above the atmosphere, is 31.78 km/sec. After falling 1 AU to the Sun, for 64.5695 days, the machine accelerates to 617.50 km/sec. To land softly on the solar surface, requires that its speed be changed by this amount. A total 649.28 km/sec delta vee.

A minimum energy rocket has 63.212% propellant fraction with an exhaust velocity equal to its terminal velocity. 669.89 nanograms of material ejected at 649.28 km/sec contain 141.2 kJ. That takes 107.69 years for one cell to accumulate this amount. 1293 cells cooperating in a swarm, can send one cell to the solar surface per month.

Collecting 2471.86 nanograms of inert material to eject, and ejecting 1820.95 nanograms at 31.78 km/sec requires 919.55 joules. 256.17 days of sunlight. Another 669.89 nanograms of inert material is held aboard, and ejected when the solar surface is reached in 64.4595 days. Over that time, sufficient energy is collected to eject that material at 617.50 km/sec. Only 257 cells cooperating can launch one cell per day using this approach.

A single cell, replicating successfully 86.92x without loss of any daughter cells, which also replicate along with their parent, with no delay, covers the entire solar surface. No there's enough energy and matter at the solar surface for a cell to replicate 250x per second. However, not all daughter cells survive! Yet, continuous turnover, that allows a population to double every then seconds, means the sun can be turned off in about 15 minutes and converted to human industrial infrastructure.

Consider the ability of kinesin molecule inside living cells to carry out Turing computations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DILF8usqp7M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbycQf1TbM0

This suggests that molecular scale computing is easily achieved.

http://www.math.ias.edu/~anindya/FNANO.pdf
https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ural_Computing

Silicene forms natural microtubues and a variety of molecules have been developed that manipulate quantum charges within these tubes. Kinesin like molecular shuttles that modify these molecules form a Turing type read-write head. Allowing quadrillions of logical elements to be built into the structure of very tiny machines. The response of photonic crystals to light, manipulate light. The movement of quantum dots throughout the body of these crystals permit them to operate on the light, in a sophisticated way, and carry out the program described here.

Computing operations can be partitioned into variety of segmented parts, and a large number of operations can occur simultaneously.

The body of the device, has an area that is relatively fixed at time of assembly, but the relative angle of parts, changes, allowing it to fold into a functional unit. Yet, these angles can be made to change to change the shape of the device. The area exposed to sunlight can be doubled in this way.. Alternatively, the area exposed to sunlight can be reduced as well.

Consider a sphere molded into a cone whose base is facing a source of light.. The cone can be made nearly flat, doubling the area presented to the light source compared to the sphere. The cone can be made nearly needle like reducing the area exposed to sunlight to nearly nothing.

Silicene operates up to 1500K. A shell of silicene made into a narrow cone with a vanishingly small area presented to the solar surface, and a large area presented to the night sky behind the base, can maintain any temperature required.

The intensity of sunlight at the Earth in space is 1368 W/m2. At the solar surface this rises to 63,235,800 Watts/m2. According to Stephane Boltzman a surface must rise to a temperature of 5,779 K. Lots more than the temperature at which Silicene can operate. 1500K can only radiate 287,044 Watts/m2. The energy from the solar surface arrives 220.3x faster than it can be radiated away.

Now, my making the base of a cone such that the area of the lateral is 220.3x the area of the base, and orienting the cone so that the base faces the solar surface, the temperature of the cone can be made to stay below 1500K. Making the system 99.99% efficient, or 99.99% reflective, doesn't require this sort of trickery. However, a cell that shuts off and is black, could still shape itself and orient itself to reduce its temperature if needed. This is a cone that 0.976 microns in diameter and 107.7 microns tall - having the same area as a sphere 230 microns in diameter.

Passing from microscale to macroscale, a sphere such as the Earth, can be cut up into a large number of intersecting great circles, that connect a large number of hexagonal close packed points on its surface.

http://paulbourke.net/geometry/circlesphere/

A 194 meter separation between points, provides hexagons of 6 acre area. Spread evenly over the Earth's surface, at a depth 500 meters below sea level, there are 6 billion sites on land, and 12 billion sites under water, of which 2 billion sites are developed into residential sites. A shallower network only 50 meters below the surface, designed for short haul traffic - feeds the deeper network. Evacuated tunnels supported by moving masses - space fountains of Robert Forward's design - carry maglev tracks to orbital altitudes and speeds, and the personal rapid transit vehicles transition seamlessly to photonic propulsion.

A channel 5 meters wide and 50 meters tall for each great circle with maglev tracks on either side - is a total 10.64 billion km of tunnels excavating a cube of dirt 138.55 km on a side - a total of 2,659,500 cubic kilometers of Earth. 7.45x10^18 kg of material. To vaporise this rock and reform it at the atomic level requires 1.04x10^26 Joules of energy. This is about 1..158 million tons of Ps. About 1/4 second of the Sun's output. In the form of Ps this is a spherical ball 65.2 meters in diameter! Applied intelligently this builds an infrastructure that transforms life on Earth, and supplies all human needs.

Transport via maglev along the walls of the channel, provide transport in either direction on each side, and vehicles moving at progressively higher speeds the deeper you go...

You can comfortably get to where you're going anywhere on Earth in less than 30 minutes. You can get to the moon in 3.5 hours. You can get to Mars (today) in two days.
Old May 28th 16, 05:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 3:25:25 AM UTC+12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 1:55:01 PM UTC+12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

I deleted this about 5 minutes after I posted it. That says a lot about your focus of attention you miserable bitch.

Most Usenet servers don't honor delete requests and haven't since
there was a spate of delete forgeries over a decade ago that were
being used as a 'weapon' to remove off topic nutter posts from various
newsgroups. They're discarded when received with no indication that
they even occurred.

The fact that you posted your vile tripe at all indicates your mental
issues with stability and impulse control. The fact that you think
there's any reason why anyone would know you'd deleted it is an
indicator of your intellectual limitations, you ignorant ****.

I deleted it - you wanted to keep it on the record. You had to act within minutes or you couldn't have done that. That tells us a lot about your focus of attention your intent and the intensity with which you pursue it.

You're insane AND stupidly ignorant.

You're projecting your faults on to others.

We've had this conversation
before

Because you're still a sick ****.

and I've tried to explain to you how Usenet NEWS works,

Now you're blaming usenet. I deleted my comment. You wish to preserve it and expand upon it.

but you
obviously don't get it.

You don't. You have nothing positive to say about anything at any time. You're a miserable piece of **** in my estimation.

Let me see if I can explain how Usenet NEWS
works to you

You think this is about usenet - its about your focus of attention you miserable *******.

with a hypothetical timeline, so that even a simpleton
like you gets it.

**** you you miserable excuse for a human being. Do you talk to people in public like this? You've obviously never had the **** beat out of you. I bet you're all sweetness and light in person - too scared to talk like that to a person who might kick your ass.

T+0 - Mookie composes and send his vile spew

in a demonstration of his
mental instability

Calling out a miserable piece of **** for the asshole they are is not mental instability. Your pedantic focus on usenet in a vain effort to feel better about yourself by ****ting on others - is evidence of mental illness.

and control issues and posts to Goggle Gropes.

T+1 - Goggle Gropes propagates the message to other Usenet servers,
since sci.space.policy is a Usenet NEWS group. Message is propagated
by those servers to other servers, etc. Your vile spew is 'on the
record' and no one needed to do anything to make that happen.

T+5 - Mookie has second thoughts and deletes his vile spew from Goggle
Gropes. Goggle Gropes deletes it from their local server. It may or
may not issue a 'Cancel' control message to the Usenet servers it
propagated the message to (I haven't bothered to check).

RIght, you don't bother to check things that don't support your insane position. Which points to your insanity.

Fact is, the only way the post I delted would remain up is if someone was spending a helluva lot of time looking intently for the post and responded to it quickly.

I mean the response had to happen within MINUTES of it being posted. Immediately after appearing to that user. That's fast. That's my point.

Anyone who claims to block my posts couldn't have responded that quickly to preserve what I said. Obviously they're lying if they say they block me. They're lying if they say they're anything other than a miserable sonofabtich who loves ****ing people off and crowing about it..

If they do,
those servers may or may not honor the 'Cancel' message (most won't)
and may or may not propagate the 'Cancel' control message to other
servers (most probably will, if the Goggle Gropes server actually sent
one out). Cancel is propagated but probably not honored.

T+5+N for any N smaller than the server's retention that Fred uses -
Fred connects to the server he uses via NNTP. Mookie's vile spew is
there because Mookie's 'Cancel' request was ignored by the server. No
indication that Mookie deleted it on the local Goggle Gropes server
exists Fred responds to Mookie's vile spew.

Some Time Later - Mookie flips out and displays his absolute ignorance
about how Usenet NEWS works.

Do you get it now, you havering loon?

**** you you miserable excuse for a human being. You love constructing imaginary events that make you feel better about yourself at other's expense. Fact is, anyone who blocks my posts wouldn't have seen it much less respond to. Any sane person wouldn't have responded INSTANTLY to it! lol. You don't get that point because reality just doesn't mean that much to you you ****ing idiot.

I didn't have to "act within
minutes" because your vile spew was already recorded for posterity on
almost every Usenet server on the planet.

You resopnded in minutes to what I said you poor excuse for a human being.

You don't block my posts. So your ranting about that is a lie.

You responded within minutes the post appearing.

The part you don't get and admit you don't get is if you were blocking my posts the post I deleted would be gone from the internet in a day as all Usenet servers on the planet erased it. Fact is you HAD to act within minutes to preserve it.

The fact that you believe
what you say is a firm indication of both your ignorance and your
paranoia.

You're the paranoid one telling people you block my posts and scanning incessantly for anything I post you can gripe about you miserable blowhard.

Fact is, every usenet server on the planet operates the same way - the way you didn't want to repeat because it didn't fit your bull**** story. Had you been blocking my posts, had you not responded to what I wrote - it would have been gone within a day. The only way to preserve what I wrote is for you to reply to it and keep it in your response. That's why you HAD to respond as quickly as you did - you miserable fool.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine

Heine is even more miserable than you - I suppose that's why there is such an affinity between you two. lol.
Old May 28th 16, 05:44 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Hey Fred,

Tell me not to post here and I will never post here again.

Go for it.

Old May 28th 16, 05:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

You're the one who needs help Fred. But if you tell me not to post here, that I'm not worthy of this august group - just say so.

Do it- take some ****ing responsibility you poor excuse for a human being.

Old May 29th 16, 01:25 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

[...]

Same old Mookie. Yet, oddly for his claims, MY facts are right and
his claims are, well, insane bull****.

We've had this conversation
before

Because you're still a sick ****.

No, Mookie. It's because your mental problems apparently prevent you
from accepting facts.

and I've tried to explain to you how Usenet NEWS works,

Now you're blaming usenet. I deleted my comment. You wish to preserve it and expand upon it.

I'm not 'blaming' anyone. I'm pointing out why your claim that I did
something to 'preserve' your spew of lack of impulse control is
paranoid loon bull****.

but you
obviously don't get it.

You don't. You have nothing positive to say about anything at any time. You're a miserable piece of **** in my estimation.

You don't see most of what I post, Mookie. Another broken 'feature'
of Goggle Gropes electing to misimplement the X-No-Archive flag. No
one cares about "your estimation" because you've clearly shown
yourself to be a paranoid nutter.

Let me see if I can explain how Usenet NEWS
works to you

You think this is about usenet - its about your focus of attention you miserable *******.

It *IS* about Usenet, you idiot. No particular "focus of attention"
is required to read a posting full of vile insult that you posted and
reply to it. Look at the posting times of your 'deleted' remark and
my response to it, you ignorant ****.

with a hypothetical timeline, so that even a simpleton
like you gets it.

**** you you miserable excuse for a human being. Do you talk to people in public like this? You've obviously never had the **** beat out of you. I bet you're all sweetness and light in person - too scared to talk like that to a person who might kick your ass.

Speaking of projecting...

No, Mookie, I don't talk to people in public like YOU do. I actually
have impulse control. As for the rest of that THREAT from you, is
that really the best you can do? Given that you've threatened me with
bodily harm YET AGAIN I am now in fear for my safety from you. Just
wanted to get that on the record in case we should ever meet.

T+0 - Mookie composes and send his vile spew

No, you were called a nutter because you persist in posting nutty
conspiracy theories.

in a demonstration of his
mental instability

Calling out a miserable piece of **** for the asshole they are is not mental instability. Your pedantic focus on usenet in a vain effort to feel better about yourself by ****ting on others - is evidence of mental illness.

So why'd you 'delete' it? You clearly demonstrate a lack of impulse
control, posting long screeds filled with vile insults, deleting them
five minutes later (or so you say), and then DEFENDING HAVING POSTED
THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

and control issues and posts to Goggle Gropes.

T+1 - Goggle Gropes propagates the message to other Usenet servers,
since sci.space.policy is a Usenet NEWS group. Message is propagated
by those servers to other servers, etc. Your vile spew is 'on the
record' and no one needed to do anything to make that happen.

T+5 - Mookie has second thoughts and deletes his vile spew from Goggle
Gropes. Goggle Gropes deletes it from their local server. It may or
may not issue a 'Cancel' control message to the Usenet servers it
propagated the message to (I haven't bothered to check).

RIght, you don't bother to check things that don't support your insane position. Which points to your insanity.

No, Mookie. I didn't bother to check because IT IS IRRELEVANT.
Whether Goggle Gropes sent a Cancel control message or not doesn't
really matter. What matters is if Eternal September honors such
messages. Since your post is still there, it quite obviously does
not.

Fact is, the only way the post I delted would remain up is if someone was spending a helluva lot of time looking intently for the post and responded to it quickly.

No, Mookie, that's not how Usenet works. You 'deleting' a post is a
LOCAL ACT. Other Usenet NEWS servers can honor the Cancel control
message (if it was even sent) or not; their choice.

I mean the response had to happen within MINUTES of it being posted. Immediately after appearing to that user. That's fast. That's my point.

No, it didn't. This is why I'm trying to explain to you how Usenet
NEWS works, because you obviously don't understand it. I knew I
should have drawn pictures or something, as you're demonstrating once
again that you're simply too thick to follow an explanation in words.

Anyone who claims to block my posts couldn't have responded that quickly to preserve what I said. Obviously they're lying if they say they block me. They're lying if they say they're anything other than a miserable sonofabtich who loves ****ing people off and crowing about it..

Who's claiming to block your posts, you paranoid loon? Who had to
"respond quickly"? Look at the headers, you idiot. The times are
there. Let's look at them, shall we, you havering loon?

1) You originally posted your vile spew on Fri, 27 May 2016 05:26:14
+0000 from a pooled IP address belonging to Vodafone New Zealand. This
is the 'injection date' from Goggle Gropes to Usenet NEWS. I distrust
the time zone information in this timestamp

2) It appears to have arrived and been processed at the Eternal
September server on 26 May 2016 22:26:14 -0700 (PDT).

3) I responded on 27 May 2016 09:13:00 -0700, some 11 hours later.

4) I just re-retrieved your vile screed from Eternal September and it
is STILL there, despite your claimed 'deletion'.

So much for your "respond quickly", you ignorant ****.

[...]

'Imaginary events'? Where did I claim to be blocking your posts? Are
you confusing everyone on Usenet who thinks you're an ignorant nutter
again? I didn't respond "INSTANTLY" except for some very large value
of 'instantly', since I didn't respond until almost nine hours after
it appeared on the server I get Usenet NEWS on.

LOOK AT THE HEADER TIMESTAMPS ON THE MESSAGES, YOU IGNORANT ****.

I didn't have to "act within
minutes" because your vile spew was already recorded for posterity on
almost every Usenet server on the planet.

You resopnded in minutes to what I said you poor excuse for a human being.

Well, 643 minutes is 'within minutes', but that's not what you mean,
is it?

You don't block my posts. So your ranting about that is a lie.

I never claimed to be blocking your posts, you havering loon. Everyone
who thinks you are a nutter is not me.

You responded within minutes the post appearing.

Within 643 minutes of the post appearing, to be more precise.

The part you don't get and admit you don't get is if you were blocking
my posts the post I deleted would be gone from the internet in a day
as all Usenet servers on the planet erased it. Fact is you HAD to act
within minutes to preserve it.

The part you don't get is that I'm not everyone else on Usenet and
never said I was blocking your posts. The part you don't get is that
Goggle Gropes isn't "the internet"; it's just a tiny piece. The part
you don't get is that Usenet servers are not obligated to honor (or
even accept) Cancel control messages and it doesn't work at all like
you claim it does. Fact is I acted within 643 minutes, give or take,
and I didn't have to do anything at all to 'preserve it', since it is
STILL on most Usenet servers on the planet with the exception of
Goggle Gropes.

The fact that you believe
what you say is a firm indication of both your ignorance and your
paranoia.

You're the paranoid one telling people you block my posts and scanning incessantly for anything I post you can gripe about you miserable blowhard.

Where did I tell anyone I was blocking your posts, Mookie? A value of
643 minutes is a pretty large value for "incessantly". Mookie, you're
delusional. Seek help.

Fact is, every usenet server on the planet operates the same way - the way you didn't want to repeat because it didn't fit your bull**** story. Had you been blocking my posts, had you not responded to what I wrote - it would have been gone within a day. The only way to preserve what I wrote is for you to reply to it and keep it in your response. That's why you HAD to respond as quickly as you did - you miserable fool.

Fact is, there is lots of leeway in the rules about how "every usenet
server" must behave and they quite demonstrably do not behave the way
you claim. I never claimed to be blocking your posts; you are
obviuosly confused again. It's not 'gone within a day'. In point of
fact, it is STILL available for retrieval. This is because Usenet
NEWS works the way I claim it does rather than behaving in accordance
with your delusions. Responding in 643 minutes (the time between when
your vile spew appeared on Eternal September and when I read and
responded to it) is not 'quickly', you ignorant ****.

This is a big part of what is wrong with you, Mook. Even when it is
demosntrated to you that your delusions are wrong, you prefer the
delusions to the facts and keep insisting right along that you're
'right'.

From the Cancel FAQ at
http://wiki.killfile.org/projects/usenet/faqs/cancel/

"D. Do all news sites accept cancels?

No. Many news sites have decided that, for whatever reason, they do
not want cancels; others merely do not want certain types of cancels.
Dave Hayes, for example, runs a "Site of Virtue", which not only
ignores cancels but drops them without distributing them; patches for
INN to do this are available from his Freedom Knights Homepage, at
URL:http://www.jetcafe.
org/~dave/usenet/. America Online, Dejanews, Zippo, and many other
news sites do not honor cancels of any sort."

Note that Goggle Gropes has absorbed Dejanews and AOL, well, was AOL.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine

Heine is even more miserable than you - I suppose that's why there is such an affinity between you two. lol.

And you're still responding to .sig lines. How, well, CLUELESS of
you. Real Usenet NEWS readers snip them off when you reply to a
message. That's how clueless you have to be to respond to them.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old May 29th 16, 01:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

Hey Fred,

Tell me not to post here and I will never post here again.

Go for it.

Mookie, how many times do I have to tell you that I really don't give
a **** where you post? However, when you post and it consists of
conspiracy theory delusions or long spews of vile insults, you can
expect that someone is going to call you what you're acting like.

Seek counseling, Mookie. You're right 'round the bend.

--
"Yet here I sit, years of evildoing under my belt, and still a
happy camper."
Old May 29th 16, 01:32 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

William Mook wrote:

You're the one who needs help Fred. But if you tell me not to post here, that I'm not worthy of this august group - just say so.

Do it- take some ****ing responsibility you poor excuse for a human being.

Once again, I personally couldn't give a **** where you post. Why is
it so hard for you to understand that you simply don't matter?

Get some help, Mook.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old May 29th 16, 02:07 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Then **** off loser.

However, when you post and it consists of
conspiracy theory delusions

What delusions is that? You're the one who doesn't understand reality, and call people names - then rant on about how terrible people are because they tell you to **** off.

or long spews of vile insults,

If you don't want to be attacked then don't call people names you idiot.

you can
expect that someone is going to call you what you're acting like.

When you call someone a nutter don't be surprised if they call you a ****ing asshole and worse.

Seek counseling, Mookie. You're right 'round the bend.

Listen to yourself. You're the one in need of counseling you lunatic. If you don't want people being angry at you don't call them names.

Old May 29th 16, 03:16 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

William Mook wrote:

[...]

Just why do you spend so much time on insane bull****? Does this fairly describe your life? Are you surrounded by insane bull**** everywhere you look? Of course you are. Now, is the world filled with insane bull****? Or are YOU the source of insane bull****? Obviously, YOU called me a nutter, and YOU replied in mock horror at me calling you out for the vile piece of **** you are, despite the fact that I deleted it. Fact is if you had waited a day, me calling you a goddamned mother****er sonofabitch would have disappeared. You didn't want that obviously, so you took pains to respond quickly to it.

We've had this conversation
before

Because you're still a sick ****.

No, Mookie.

Yes you miserable ****.

It's because your mental problems apparently prevent you
from accepting facts.

Projecting again! Its YOU who called names. Its YOU who responded to something I deleted. Its YOU who are continuing the conversation because of the apparent joy it gives you just being a miserable ****.

and I've tried to explain to you how Usenet NEWS works,

Now you're blaming usenet. I deleted my comment. You wish to preserve it and expand upon it.

I'm not 'blaming' anyone.

Your ranting on and on and on about how smart you are to someone you claim is so stupid compared to you, after they told you to **** off when you called them a nutter. You're a miserable goddamned excuse for a human being. Obviously.

I'm pointing out why your claim that I did
something to 'preserve' your spew of lack of impulse control is
paranoid loon bull****.

Phht. Listen to yourself. You called me a nutter. I said you were a cocksucking sonofabitch and deleted it. You elected to rant on and on and on and on - proving to your satisfaction that you're a superior human being and everyone else is a lunatic. YOU have the problem dude. No one else.

but you
obviously don't get it.

You don't. You have nothing positive to say about anything at any time. You're a miserable piece of **** in my estimation.

You don't see most of what I post, Mookie.

There's a reason for that.

**** off.

Let me see if I can explain how Usenet NEWS
works to you

You think this is about usenet - its about your focus of attention you miserable *******.

It *IS* about Usenet, you idiot.

No its not. Its about you calling names, and being surprised when someone calls you names back, and your need to 'prove' your superiority - you're ****ing sick dude. Seek help.

When you call people a nutter don't be surprised if they tell you to **** off. Telling someone like you to **** off is evidence of mental health, not its opposite. You miserable loser.

Look at the posting times of your 'deleted' remark and
my response to it, you ignorant ****.

Look at the time difference between our two locations.

with a hypothetical timeline, so that even a simpleton
like you gets it.

**** you you miserable excuse for a human being. Do you talk to people in public like this? You've obviously never had the **** beat out of you. I bet you're all sweetness and light in person - too scared to talk like that to a person who might kick your ass.

Speaking of projecting...

No, Mookie, I don't talk to people in public like YOU do.

Go into a bar and tell someone they're a nutter and a simpleton, and if they tell you to **** off lean into them and push them with your finger on their shoulder and tell them to seek help.

See what happens.

If you ever got out of your momma's basement and interacted with people in the real world you'd see what a miserable loser you are.

I actually
have impulse control.

No you don't you couldn't help calling me names, you couldn't help taking glee in crafting your response supposedly 'proving' to your satisfaction that someone other than you has mental problems, you can't help but respond in very negative ways to negative attention you generate calling people names..

I've posted a lot here recently, and this is the most we've spoken to one another. YOU made that choice. YOU created the situation. This reflects on YOU.

As for the rest of that THREAT from you, is
that really the best you can do?

Its a fact. You go around calling people names, and then stirring up more buill**** even after they delete a comment. You can expect to have people not like you very much when you do that.

Like I said, get out of your momma's basement, ask her for $100 and go out drinking. Go over to someone you overhear talking about UFOs or 9/11 or JFK assassination, and listen intently and get right in their face and tell them they're a nutter.

Listen to their response.

It will be very much what I've said to you and deleted.

They will say **** off, or get outa here you dumb ****, something like that..

When they do that listen intently and lean into their face and push with your finger on their shoulder and tell them very slowly and deliberately they need to seek mental help!

See what happens.

Given that you've threatened me with
bodily harm YET AGAIN

Bull****.

Telling a miserable **** like you that you would get punched in the face if you actually stood in front of people and spouted the **** you do from the safety of your mom's basement, is not threatening you.

Of course, to someone as insanely paranoid as you, it probably sounds like a threat doesn't it?

But advising you that your bad manners can be expected to elicit negative attention from others - is just trying to get reality to dawn in that closed little excuse of a mind of yours.

I am now in fear for my safety from you.

Of course you do you paranoid loon.

You call me paranoid, and then say this? Do you see how projection works?

Just
wanted to get that on the record in case we should ever meet.

Why what are you intending to do? Track me down, get in my face and call me a nutter? lol. The internet isn't good enough for you suddenly? You don't need to track me down you idiot. Go to anyone in a public place call them a nutter after they mention something you think is nutty, and see what happens! lol.

Like I said you're a ****ing lunatic - a poor excuse for a human being.

T+0 - Mookie composes and send his vile spew

No, you were called a nutter because you persist in posting nutty
conspiracy theories.

Bull****. You're the one out of touch with reality. You have nothing of substance to say, so you call names.

In response, any reasonable person would tell you to **** off. That's what I did you miserable jerk. I then decided to delete my reply, but here you are days later ranting on as if something important had happened, falsely accusing me of threatening you. What a ****ing loser.

I bet you wonder why no one posts here don't you? lol.

Jesus Christ what an idiot you are.

in a demonstration of his
mental instability

Calling out a miserable piece of **** for the asshole they are is not mental instability. Your pedantic focus on usenet in a vain effort to feel better about yourself by ****ting on others - is evidence of mental illness.

So why'd you 'delete' it?

Because I wanted to.

Admit it - Haha - you're just repeating what your psychologist tells you at work aren't you? It makes you feel better to tell others that **** doesn't it? What a ****ing loser you are.

posting long screeds filled with vile insults, deleting them
five minutes later (or so you say), and then DEFENDING HAVING POSTED
THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

English language isn't your first language is it. Explaining to you that calling someone names will virtually gurantee that another person will reply in kind - is an EXPLANATION.

and control issues and posts to Goggle Gropes.

T+1 - Goggle Gropes propagates the message to other Usenet servers,
since sci.space.policy is a Usenet NEWS group. Message is propagated
by those servers to other servers, etc. Your vile spew is 'on the
record' and no one needed to do anything to make that happen.

T+5 - Mookie has second thoughts and deletes his vile spew from Goggle
Gropes. Goggle Gropes deletes it from their local server. It may or
may not issue a 'Cancel' control message to the Usenet servers it
propagated the message to (I haven't bothered to check).

RIght, you don't bother to check things that don't support your insane position. Which points to your insanity.

No, Mookie.

Yes Freddie.

I didn't bother to check because IT IS IRRELEVANT.

http://wiki.killfile.org/projects/usenet/faqs/cancel/

You could have ignored the response and it would have disappeared. You didn't.

Whether Goggle Gropes sent a Cancel control message or not doesn't
really matter.

There's a delete button for a reason fool.

What matters is if Eternal September honors such
messages. Since your post is still there, it quite obviously does
not.

Then how do you know I deleted it?

Fact is, the only way the post I delted would remain up is if someone was spending a helluva lot of time looking intently for the post and responded to it quickly.

No, Mookie,

Yes Freddie. If you really did kill file me and ignore everything I say, as you have asserted on many ocassions, then my delete would have spread through usenet and the post would have disappeared. By replying as quickly as you did, you preserved it - which given your obvious knowledge of usenet - was very likely your intent.

that's not how Usenet works. You 'deleting' a post is a
LOCAL ACT. Other Usenet NEWS servers can honor the Cancel control
message (if it was even sent) or not; their choice.

Most do. That's the point. That's why there is a delete button fool.

I mean the response had to happen within MINUTES of it being posted. Immediately after appearing to that user. That's fast. That's my point.

No, it didn't.

You could have ignored it, and it would have gone away. Nearly all usenet servers eventually delete posts that have been asked to be deleted if they are not replied to. That's the point. You replied to it before the servers caught up with the delete request.

This is why I'm trying to explain to you how Usenet
NEWS works, because you obviously don't understand it. I knew I
should have drawn pictures or something, as you're demonstrating once
again that you're simply too thick to follow an explanation in words.

You're demonstrating once again that you think this is about usenet when its really about your bad manners and the inevitable consequence of calling people names and the effort you go to to preserve such bad behaviour for posterity.

Anyone who claims to block my posts couldn't have responded that quickly to preserve what I said. Obviously they're lying if they say they block me. They're lying if they say they're anything other than a miserable sonofabtich who loves ****ing people off and crowing about it..

Who's claiming to block your posts, you paranoid loon?

Again, you don't know what paranoid means do you? You're the one who feels threatened when someone explains to you that calling people rude names inevitably attracts negative attention to yourself.

You're the one surprised and saying people are nuts because they tell you to **** off after you call them names.

You're the one who patiently explains to everyone its perfectly alright for YOU to call people rude names if YOU 'know' through some divine insight they ARE those things because YOU said so - So if YOU call them those things then they ARE those things BY DEFINITION.

None of this sounds crazy to you does it? haha - proving you are an arrogant miserable little ******* who's stark raving mad.

Who had to
"respond quickly"? Look at the headers, you idiot. The times are
there. Let's look at them, shall we, you havering loon?

Adjusted for time differences between our different locations - the time is shorter than the 11 hours you falsely imply and you know it.

1) You originally posted your vile spew on Fri, 27 May 2016 05:26:14
+0000 from a pooled IP address belonging to Vodafone New Zealand. This
is the 'injection date' from Goggle Gropes to Usenet NEWS. I distrust
the time zone information in this timestamp

Of course you do because it gives the actual time difference you lying fool..

2) It appears to have arrived and been processed at the Eternal
September server on 26 May 2016 22:26:14 -0700 (PDT).

3) I responded on 27 May 2016 09:13:00 -0700, some 11 hours later.

4) I just re-retrieved your vile screed from Eternal September and it
is STILL there, despite your claimed 'deletion'.

So much for your "respond quickly", you ignorant ****.

yawn Hey, I was sitting here and saw your reply to my post after I deleted it. It was vastly less than 11 hours you are going out of your way to 'prove' it took. The only thing you've proven is you are a lying sack of **** in addition to being a miserable little ****.

[...]

You never killfiled me huh? Never said you killfiled me? Never explained to others that I should be kill filed? You're going to lie about that now too are you?

Are
you confusing everyone on Usenet who thinks you're an ignorant nutter
again?

You're the one confused and hopes to confuse others for the slender feeling of superiority you imagine it gives you.

I didn't respond "INSTANTLY" except for some very large value
of 'instantly', since I didn't respond until almost nine hours after
it appeared on the server I get Usenet NEWS on.

There is a time difference between our sites which you have failed to take into consideration. I was here and saw your response.

You haven't responded to anything I've said that wasn't deleted, so, obviously you quickly responded to this comment because this is the sort of thing you're interested in preserving despite my deletion- nothing at all to do with space policy.

LOOK AT THE HEADER TIMESTAMPS ON THE MESSAGES, YOU IGNORANT ****.

I did. I didn't ignore the local time differences as you did. Further, I was sitting on the freaking computer when your reply appeared in the thread.. So I know how long it took.

I didn't have to "act within
minutes" because your vile spew was already recorded for posterity on
almost every Usenet server on the planet.

You resopnded in minutes to what I said you poor excuse for a human being.

Well, 643 minutes is 'within minutes', but that's not what you mean,
is it?

That calculation ignores the time differences between our sites and gives a false indication of the actual time difference.

You don't block my posts. So your ranting about that is a lie.

I never claimed to be blocking your posts,

You have claimed to kill file me on several ocassions.

you havering loon.

**** off Fred.

You call people names, expect sometimes to have them tell you you're a miserable ****.

You responded within minutes the post appearing.

Within 643 minutes of the post appearing, to be more precise.

That's not precise at all since you admitted previously that you ignored the time difference between our locations.

The part you don't get and admit you don't get is if you were blocking
my posts the post I deleted would be gone from the internet in a day
as all Usenet servers on the planet erased it. Fact is you HAD to act
within minutes to preserve it.

The part you don't get is that I'm not everyone else on Usenet

I'm responding to your comment dude.

and
never said I was blocking your posts.

You have said on many ocassions that you have kill filed me.

The part you don't get is that
Goggle Gropes isn't "the internet"; it's just a tiny piece.

Its not about usenet fool. Its about what you focus your attention on and the inevitable results it brings you.

The part
you don't get is that Usenet servers are not obligated to honor (or
even accept) Cancel control messages and it doesn't work at all like
you claim it does.

There is a delete button for a reason. The command is generally honoured if no one replies to the post. You replied quickly in order to preserve it for your own idiot reasons.

Fact is I acted within 643 minutes, give or take,

10 hours.

and I didn't have to do anything at all to 'preserve it', since it is
STILL on most Usenet servers on the planet with the exception of
Goggle Gropes.

Some servers don't honor cancel orders that come along if someone has responded to the post the cancel order is for. You claim to have all this superior knowledge, but neglect to report details which plainly shows you to be a lying sack of ****.

The fact that you believe
what you say is a firm indication of both your ignorance and your
paranoia.

You're the paranoid one telling people you block my posts and scanning incessantly for anything I post you can gripe about you miserable blowhard.

Where did I tell anyone I was blocking your posts, Mookie?

You've never told anyone to kill file me? You've never claimed to kill file me?

A value of
643 minutes is a pretty large value for "incessantly".

Only if you ignore the 10 hours difference between our two local times.

Mookie, you're
delusional.

No I'm not.

Seek help.

Look in the mirror and say that dude. I'm sure you hear it all the time form those people who are condemned to share their lives with you. It gives you great pleasure to tell others off the same way you get told off doesn't it?

Fact is, every usenet server on the planet operates the same way - the way you didn't want to repeat because it didn't fit your bull**** story. Had you been blocking my posts, had you not responded to what I wrote - it would have been gone within a day. The only way to preserve what I wrote is for you to reply to it and keep it in your response. That's why you HAD to respond as quickly as you did - you miserable fool.

Fact is, there is lots of leeway in the rules about how "every usenet
server" must behave and they quite demonstrably do not behave the way
you claim.

Usenet has a [delete] button and process [cancel] orders for a freaking reason dude.

I never claimed to be blocking your posts;

You never told others to kill file me or said you kill filed me?

you are
obviuosly confused again.

You're the one confused. Why the hell spend so much time on something some nutter deleted? Obviously you like torturing small animals for the great pleasure it gives you seing them squirm. Admit it, you imagine me squirming as a small animal before your great intellect? Don't you? YOU MISERABLE ****! lol.

Look, YOU responded to something I deleted. Why? Why not ignore the lowly nutter? Because you love stirring **** up you worthless loser.

This is because Usenet
NEWS works the way I claim it does rather than behaving in accordance
with your delusions.

Its not about usenet dude! Its about YOUR NEED to call names and feel superior.

Responding in 643 minutes (the time between when
your vile spew appeared on Eternal September and when I read and
responded to it) is not 'quickly', you ignorant ****.

You already admitted you're not taking local time difference into account. There's a 10 hour difference between where I am and where you are idiot.

This is a big part of what is wrong with you, Mook.

Its obvious that YOU NEED TO FIND FAULT IN OTHERS. This is what makes YOU a miserable little **** of no lasting consequence to anyone.

Even when it is
demosntrated to you that your delusions are wrong, you prefer the
delusions to the facts and keep insisting right along that you're
'right'.

You're the one ranting about how right you are and about how wrong everyone else is. I'm saying its not about usenet or anything of that nature. Its about your focus of attention and what you do in response.

From the Cancel FAQ at
http://wiki.killfile.org/projects/usenet/faqs/cancel/

"D. Do all news sites accept cancels?

No. Many news sites have decided that, for whatever reason, they do
not want cancels; others merely do not want certain types of cancels.
Dave Hayes, for example, runs a "Site of Virtue", which not only
ignores cancels but drops them without distributing them; patches for
INN to do this are available from his Freedom Knights Homepage, at
URL:http://www.jetcafe.
org/~dave/usenet/. America Online, Dejanews, Zippo, and many other
news sites do not honor cancels of any sort."

Note that Goggle Gropes has absorbed Dejanews and AOL, well, was AOL.

Its not about usenet. Its about you and your focus of attention. Calling people derisive names guarantees negative attention. Obviously you releish such attention otherwise you would never have responded to what I DELETED.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine

Heine is even more miserable than you - I suppose that's why there is such an affinity between you two. lol.

And you're still responding to .sig lines.

You put them there, I respond to them. Live with it.

How, well, CLUELESS of
you.

I realise your sickness REQUIRES you to say such things, but please understand the meaning of my reply here. **** OFF ASSHOLE!

Real Usenet NEWS readers snip

Jesus, what a ****ing moron you are. Did you write a book on what real usenet news readers do - or did your momma tell you how that works?

them off when you reply to a
message. That's how clueless you have to be to respond to them.

That doesn't make Heine any less a miserable **** than you are.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Too bad you don't take Jefferson's meaning to heart.
Old May 29th 16, 03:22 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Yes, storing Ps isn't as difficult as making it efficiently and efficiently retrieving it without destroying the mechanism used.

Slowing photons in media and structuring photons and joining them to create fewer more energetic photons and then using very energetic photons to create Ps pair - that is then stored in quantum wells - is one technique. Reversing the process controlling the spin the fine and hyperfine relations to retrieve the energy as energetic photons and causing them to split into lower energy photons in greater number and collimating the resulting beam efficiently without heating the structure- makes the process useful.

Detonating in an uncontrolled way groups of Ps molecules and vaporising the mechanism - is primitive by comparison.

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 12:48:32 AM UTC+12, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

Extremely tiny amounts of antimatter have been contained for very sort time
periods. I don't see how these methods that require an entire laboratory can
be extended to a tiny craft which would require very small amounts of
antimatter, or for large craft that would require large amounts of
antimatter stored for long periods.

Agreed. And even if it could be contained, getting any useful thrust
out of it without blowing up the tiny craft would be even more
challenging tech (I'd say orders of magnitude more difficult than
containment). This is because you'd have to extract the smallest amount
of antimatter from the containment without disturbing the rest of the
antimatter in storage. Tricky, tricky, tricky...

Jeff

---

Stephen Hawking New Theory Alok Dixit Astronomy Misc 2 November 27th 12 03:23 PM
STEPHEN HAWKING DOING NICELY, THANK YOU Ed. Conrad Astronomy Misc 0 February 24th 12 12:09 PM
STEPHEN HAWKING'S LOGIC Pentcho Valev Astronomy Misc 4 January 10th 11 10:53 AM
Stephen Hawking Pat Flannery History 8 June 16th 06 11:18 AM
Stephen Hawking MoFo Amateur Astronomy 4 June 16th 06 05:56 AM