Spec of Tesco own-brand binoculars?

Old October 29th 07, 03:51 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.optics
Jonn

Default Spec of Tesco own-brand binoculars?

Here in the UK Tesco sell some super-cheap own-brand binoculars for
about £10. I know they're fairly crap but that's ok.

I think they have a magnification of 12x.

Does anyone know the other figure which I believe is the objective lens
diameter?

Old October 29th 07, 04:22 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.optics
Peter Crosland

Jonn wrote:
Here in the UK Tesco sell some super-cheap own-brand binoculars for
about £10. I know they're fairly crap but that's ok.

I think they have a magnification of 12x.

Does anyone know the other figure which I believe is the objective
lens diameter?

http://www.just-binoculars.com/binocular_facts.htm

Peter Crosland

Old October 29th 07, 05:54 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.optics
Chris Thompson

"Jonn" wrote in message
Here in the UK Tesco sell some super-cheap own-brand binoculars for
about £10. I know they're fairly crap but that's ok.

I think they have a magnification of 12x.

Does anyone know the other figure which I believe is the objective lens
diameter?

If they are of the small pocket variety, chances are they are 12x25.

Chris Thompson
East of England Binoculars
www.eebc.co.uk

Old October 29th 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.optics
Woody[_3_]

"Jonn" wrote in message
Here in the UK Tesco sell some super-cheap own-brand binoculars for
about £10. I know they're fairly crap but that's ok.

I think they have a magnification of 12x.

Does anyone know the other figure which I believe is the objective
lens
diameter?

They could be anything. The Praktica 10x25 might be a better bet at the
same price.

Having said that you might consider spending nearly twice as much and
buy the Silva 8x21 version. 10x mag can be difficult to hold steady in
such a small case - the difference at 8x is small but they are much
easier to hold.

Looking at the pictures it also looks to me as if the 8x21 will open
much wider than the 10x25, which makes all the difference in user
comfort.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Tesco scope... nytecam UK Astronomy 0 May 15th 06 11:29 PM
best spec for binoculars Hayley UK Astronomy 3 July 21st 05 06:23 AM
bulk spec and buy chinese telescopes thanatos Amateur Astronomy 6 February 14th 05 07:52 PM
Refractor scope minumum spec? A.Lee UK Astronomy 9 December 5th 04 11:21 AM
Refractor scopes - minimum spec? A.Lee UK Astronomy 2 December 3rd 04 03:29 PM