Dead or alive?

Old April 18th 05, 12:48 PM
Bill C

Default Dead or alive?

I'll be willing to bet fifty bucks that Europa's lifeless past those
dense ice sheets... who wants to make a bet here?

(Not: twittering one or Double-A, puhleeze. Someone different for once)

---

Bill C

Old April 18th 05, 02:37 PM
Twittering One

"Rage, rage against the dying
Of the light."
~ Dylan Thomas

"It is an aspect of maturity
To deal rationally with inconsistencies."
~ Unknown

"... until the burden grows,
Exceeds one's capacity, structural supports, tears soul,
Breaks a body, splinters mind."
~ Twittering

"... drives a body mad, with no where
To go, no crystal goblet to hold, to cup
Spilled soul."
~ Folly

"Suppressed grief suffocates,
It rages within the breast
And is forced to multiply its strength."
~ Ovid

"... an overflow,
A spill."
~ Twittering

Old April 18th 05, 11:44 PM
Algomeysa2

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'll be willing to bet fifty bucks that Europa's lifeless past those
dense ice sheets... who wants to make a bet here?

I'll willing to bet the entire solar system is lifeless except for Earth.

Mind you, I'd love it if it turns out Mars once had life, or Europa has life
under the ice, or there are weird critters floating in the upper atmosphere
of Jupiter.

but if one was to BET.....

Life in the universe is probably a rare thing, and the chances of it
happening multiple times in the same solar system is unlikely.

Old April 19th 05, 01:00 AM
Bee

"Twittering One" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Rage, rage against the dying
Of the light."
~ Dylan Thomas

"It is an aspect of maturity
To deal rationally with inconsistencies."
~ Unknown

"... until the burden grows,
Exceeds one's capacity, structural supports, tears soul,
Breaks a body, splinters mind."
~ Twittering

"... drives a body mad, with no where
To go, no crystal goblet to hold, to cup
Spilled soul."
~ Folly

"Suppressed grief suffocates,
It rages within the breast
And is forced to multiply its strength."
~ Ovid

"... an overflow,
A spill."
~ Twittering

Fly ...By Bee

These marks in and on my body,
are signs not scars.

It's a long and winding road,
reaching for the stars.

These curves are my make-up
Like a bird I will fly.

Tell me something I don't know,
and if there's a blind spot show me
I won't cry ...

Time is ticking and it's,
inside of me

My body's itching .. itching,
just to be

The world is screaming, screaming,
to be free

Time ani't waiting
for you or me ...

Just fly!
/////////////////////////////

Old April 19th 05, 06:13 AM
Bee

"Twittering One" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Rage, rage against the dying
Of the light."
~ Dylan Thomas

"It is an aspect of maturity
To deal rationally with inconsistencies."
~ Unknown

"... until the burden grows,
Exceeds one's capacity, structural supports, tears soul,
Breaks a body, splinters mind."
~ Twittering

"... drives a body mad, with no where
To go, no crystal goblet to hold, to cup
Spilled soul."
~ Folly

"Suppressed grief suffocates,
It rages within the breast
And is forced to multiply its strength."
~ Ovid

"... an overflow,
A spill."
~ Twittering

Poem by Bee
////////////////////////
The silence is loud ..
The crackling in my ears explodes like an earth quake through my head,
Crushing any thoughts that may have been a help to me.

The isolation creeps into my emotional waters,
Stunning the physical driving force.

The fight to fight for fight to flight gets minute.
Yet a breaking out urge that surges,
Lays dorment due to outside influences nearby.

All influences are pushed away,
Immediate life-savers dissapear on request.

The sound of breaking snaps the angst within,
As a sense of relief stirs the tears inside.

The shock-waves continue on
To the find the doorways release.

The pressure for a greater love
Stretches the tension to near impossible modes.

A new silence creeps in ..
The smile takes the place of a sigh ..

I feel O.K once again,

Wondering what it was all about ...
Wondering with wonderment at the passing parade
Of inner laughter ..

Wondering why!