Disney Videos

Old November 15th 03, 01:44 PM
John Beaderstadt

Default Disney Videos

Some disappointing news for those of us who have been waiting; got
this from a DVD reviewer's web site:

"Just in from the Buena Vista studio rep, the Walt Disney Treasures
series is being postponed until May 18, 2004. Included are
Chronological Donald, Volume 1 (1934-1941), Mickey Mouse in Living
Color: Volume 2, Tomorrowland: Disney in Space and Beyond and Walt
Disney On the Front Lines. "

-------------
Beady's 11th Law of Social Harmonics: "Your spouse is precisely the kind of person someone like you would choose to marry."

Old November 18th 03, 02:59 AM
Mark Gray

That... is a very fair question.

I understand that Disney was saying that this is a "manufacturing
capacity" issue. This time of year that is a very real concern. Most
capacity is locked up churning out blockbusters for the holidays, and
filling reorders as it becomes apparent what's selling.

However, one doesn't wait until November to start production on a
product due out in December. This holiday season, though, is
absolutely packed with competition. My take on this (for what it is
worth) is that they pulled it based upon sales to date, and made that
decision some time ago. I think the announcement was probably delayed
to take a "sneak peek" at what the preorders would be like as the
release date approached.

If it was a "manufacturing" issue, that could easily be solved before
next May.

My opinion.

Best,
Mark

John Beaderstadt wrote:

Some disappointing news for those of us who have been waiting; got
this from a DVD reviewer's web site:

"Just in from the Buena Vista studio rep, the Walt Disney Treasures
series is being postponed until May 18, 2004. Included are
Chronological Donald, Volume 1 (1934-1941), Mickey Mouse in Living
Color: Volume 2, Tomorrowland: Disney in Space and Beyond and Walt
Disney On the Front Lines. "

-------------
Beady's 11th Law of Social Harmonics: "Your spouse is precisely the kind of person someone like you would choose to marry."

Mark Gray
Spacecraft Films
Old November 18th 03, 09:44 AM
John Beaderstadt

I was reading in the bathroom when I ran across an item written by "Oh
No!" on Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:58:06 GMT, which said:

Is it really coming out next year? Or does this mean it's never coming out?

Oh, I would bet on May. They didn't put it off indefinitely, rather
gave a definite date. What's more, they've also notified their
distributors; I had "Tomorrowland" and "Front Lines" on preorder with
Amazon, who just sent me an email confirming the new date.

FWIW, "Ed Wood" was on indefinite postponement in Region 1 for a
couple of years, but now has a release date and UPC code (having a UPC
code seems to be the signal that a title is definite).

-------------
Old November 19th 03, 02:07 PM
Giovanni Abrate

Same here. I have been waiting for these since I was a nine year old growing
up in Italy!
I love the story of von Braun sitting at the piano, after working long hours
with Ward Kimball and other Disney animators and playing an impromptu
classical piano concerto.
Giovanni

Old November 19th 03, 09:18 PM
Pat Flannery

Giovanni Abrate wrote:

Same here. I have been waiting for these since I was a nine year old growing
up in Italy!
I love the story of von Braun sitting at the piano, after working long hours
with Ward Kimball and other Disney animators and playing an impromptu
classical piano concerto.

I still think those ion-driven parasol Mars ships are some of the
coolest things ever designed; and would like to see film of the Apollo
crews programing their computers via a telephone dial input system.
Cut to Apollo 11 LM "Eagle" descending towards the Moon, crew carefully
dialing in data...suddenly, lights on the LM's control panel turn red!
Over the Mission Control loudspeakers comes; "We're sorry, but the
number you are calling has been disconnected..." Neil turns to Buzz: "Do
you a dime by any chance?"
In Houston, Mission Control tries frantically to reestablish
communications; but over the loudspeakers comes: "The line is busy....".
As the LM tumbles toward the Moon, the last words the astronauts hear
a "Hello, Neil and Buzz. I'm talking to you by telephone from the
Oval Room at the White House. And this certainly has to be the most
historic telephone call ever made."

Pat

VON BRAUN DISNEY SPACE SERIES..... Joseph S. Powell, III History 9 October 13th 03 02:16 PM
Launch Videos ® Space Shuttle 2 August 27th 03 11:09 PM
Some 51-L footage now online Jon Berndt Space Shuttle 48 August 24th 03 10:26 PM