Will adjusting my Skywatcher 5.1 break the attached motor?

Old August 28th 03, 04:41 AM
Me

Default Will adjusting my Skywatcher 5.1 break the attached motor?

Just bought a motor today for my Skywatcher 5.1" (Simple Type EQ2-Made in
China) Looks like a cheap motor but we'll see. From what I can see it
installs on one of those fine adjustment knobs. My question is if I want to
adjust it using the wheel on the other side of the mount (eq2) will it break
the motor?

Thanks in advance,

Old August 29th 03, 08:59 AM
Malcolm

"Me" wrote in message le.rogers.com...
Just bought a motor today for my Skywatcher 5.1" (Simple Type EQ2-Made in
China) Looks like a cheap motor but we'll see. From what I can see it
installs on one of those fine adjustment knobs. My question is if I want to
adjust it using the wheel on the other side of the mount (eq2) will it break
the motor?

Thanks in advance,

YES! That is, if you try to use the RA adjustment knob while the motor
is engaged (via the motor's thumbscrew) you will break the motor.
Please carefully read the manual that should have come with the motor.
If you lost the manual, go here to download the .pdf (Acrobat) file:
http://www.telescope.com/text/conten...astrotrack.pdf
Old September 6th 03, 06:52 AM
Me

Thanks. I had figured as much. It didn't come with a manual so thanks for
the link!

"Malcolm" wrote in message
om...

le.rogers.com...