eBay Astro Binoculars - the inside scoop - Sept. 17, 2003

Old September 18th 03, 12:35 AM
Pete Rasmussen

Default eBay Astro Binoculars - the inside scoop - Sept. 17, 2003

Nothing beats a good deal on stargazer's equipment. That is one
important aspect that makes the hobby fun...at least for me. Having
said that, I now share with you what I have found of especial interest
to fellow binocular star starer bargain hunters...

Sweet Deal #1:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...perty =1&from

BSA 10x50, rubber covered, wide-angle, Bak4 prism, green multicoated
objectives, and fully coated. Extremely low dollar reserve and very
limited supply of about 2 dozen units on closeout. Can't give first
hand account just yet as mine are not in-hand. But, time was of the
essence to pass the word forward. IMHO, they do look very good.
Seller reports that, "BSA has replaced them with a similar model at
almost twice the cost".

Sweet Deal #2:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search... sortproperty

I have used these before and they are incredible performers. Very
sharp across much of a wide, breathtaking field. Contrast from high
quality Japanese optics and multicoatings is excellent. The eyepiece
design is superb and allows for an especially relaxing view. Highly
recommended model type that has sold for up to $500 in the past! You
can grab a pair of these beauties for $59! Not certain but seller may
have a limited number available as they have been posted up for bid
several times now.

Sweet Deal #3:

Seller opticsggi now apparently carries these new giants for lowest
price on the planet(?). No idea on the performance. Is a brand new
offering. They look pretty cool. opticsggi also auctions a 12x60 FMC
WA that is the greatest and is only $66. I use and highly recommend
their 10x60 but they may or may not be currently available. However,
a person could ask them to find out.

I hope the above will be found as helpful information. I have no
personal affiliation with any of these sellers. Just trying to be a
good guy is all.

Clear skies,

Pete
Old September 18th 03, 01:00 AM
Scribe2b

BSA optics are generally the cheapest possible mfg IMHO. i would go with
burgess, at least.
jc
Old September 18th 03, 02:31 AM
Jon Isaacs

BSA optics are generally the cheapest possible mfg IMHO.

Probably as bad as BSA (******* Stopped Again) motorcycles. Yeah, I had a
couple of Beezers over the years. Fun to ride but binos? I think these are
just rebadges.

But just imagine if they were actually built by Birmingham Small Arms.

The leaking oil would foul the objectives.

The vibration would rattle them into pieces in a moment.

BSA binoculars would come with a new featu "Image Destablization" No need
to focus or have a given target in mind, the binoculars randomly scan in any
direction automatically.

But they do have one good feature. Very good for dark sky viewing. Even with
the lights on high beam they will not disturb even the pickiest of
astrophotographers.

jon

Old September 18th 03, 03:03 AM
Scribe2b

hey jon
a Lightning rocket would pull your hat off, at least. lucas ignitions were
inspired by satan, of course. BSA did made very rliable firearms--- even in
the trench mud, their SMLE's worked, until a german arty round impacted your
trench
jere
Old September 18th 03, 03:20 AM
Bill Foley

Well, THAT ought to get the bids way up out of sight!

Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)

Old September 18th 03, 04:59 AM
Pete Rasmussen

On 18 Sep 2003 02:20:39 GMT, lonk (Bill Foley)
wrote:

Well, THAT ought to get the bids way up out of sight!

Yes, sometimes. OTOH you might be surprised at how many folks reading
this post are too skeptical and will ignore the announcements. g

Old September 18th 03, 05:09 AM
Jon Isaacs

hey jon
a Lightning rocket would pull your hat off, at least. lucas ignitions were
inspired by satan, of course. BSA did made very rliable firearms--- even in
the trench mud, their SMLE's worked, until a german arty round impacted your
trench
jere

A Lightening Rocket might pull your hat off if it had not already vibrated
off.....

I actually had two B-50's, a B50MX that and a road model that had been stripped
down to about 275 lbs. Lots of fun, especially doing a bump start after having
been given a ticket...

jon

Old September 18th 03, 05:15 AM
Jon Isaacs

Yes, sometimes. OTOH you might be surprised at how many folks reading
this post are too skeptical and will ignore the announcements. g

Yeah, and then there are those that avoid Ebay on purpose. The other day I was
riding my bike to work and was conversing with a fellow who had gotten stiffed
for $600 on Ebay. Ebay investigated. Big deal.

Better deals else where.

jon isaacs
Old September 18th 03, 05:34 AM
Bill Foley

Yes, sometimes. OTOH you might be surprised at how many folks reading
this post are too skeptical and will ignore the announcements. g

Which includes me....
Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)