ASTRO: Another Cocoon NGC 4485 and 4490

Old May 5th 07, 11:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Another Cocoon NGC 4485 and 4490

Since everyone was posting this guy I decided to give it a try. Fits my
disturbed galaxy theme of late. With my dark skies I decided to go
rather deep on these two. NGC 4490 is the big one. Most sources say it
is a highly disturbed edge on spiral. NGC 4485 is also listed as a
spiral. Both are surrounded by a haze of stars ripped from them by the
interaction. While I processed this to go deep and thus somewhat over
exposed the HII regions I also processed it to go even deeper. I'll
post that one separately to keep the download sizes reasonable.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=4x10' RGB=2x10' all binned 2x2, STL-11000XM,
Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NGC4490L4X10RGB2X10.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	809
Old May 7th 07, 07:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Rick, I think this one is my favourite among your processing versions. And a
very good picture indeed.

Stefan