Gus Grissom

Old July 19th 04, 05:31 AM
HawkEye

Default Gus Grissom

I am new to this group, and I hope to offer some inputs now and then.
However, some of the posts that I have read about Gus and some of his
flights have been simply stated very degrading to his memory. Some
people need to remember that we need to stay on topic and discuss
ideas like adults. Gus Grissom would not have been pleased with a lot
of these post hacking at each other. Basically, it seems that people
are running around in circles chasin their own tails. Always ending
up at the same point in which they started no solving anything.
Old July 19th 04, 12:31 PM
bob haller

I am new to this group, and I hope to offer some inputs now and then.
However, some of the posts that I have read about Gus and some of his
flights have been simply stated very degrading to his memory. Some
people need to remember that we need to stay on topic and discuss
ideas like adults. Gus Grissom would not have been pleased with a lot
of these post hacking at each other. Basically, it seems that people
are running around in circles chasin their own tails. Always ending
up at the same point in which they started no solving anything.

Its sad, there are two sides, one suspects something was covered up. I am part
of that group and think the situation should be investigated, if just for the
lack of proper medical attention for the crew.

Then we have the vast majority here. nASA is great no matter what. This group
tries tro drown out anyone else. No matter WHAT the topic. be it nasa
management that ignored the columbia foam loss, challenger issues, and
definetely anything concerning apollo one. nasa did it right, no matter
what....

These two sides are exact opposites of one another and sadly the nasa is great
see no middle ground.

most are attempting to protect the livelhood of themselves or friends who
depend on the standing shuttle army for jobs.

these two groups are opposites and I have given up on them ever seeing eye to
eye...
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old July 20th 04, 01:42 AM
IGNORE_LaDonna_Wyss

(HawkEye) wrote in message . com...

I am new to this group, and I hope to offer some inputs now and then.
However, some of the posts that I have read about Gus and some of his
flights have been simply stated very degrading to his memory. Some
people need to remember that we need to stay on topic and discuss
ideas like adults. Gus Grissom would not have been pleased with a lot
of these post hacking at each other. Basically, it seems that people
are running around in circles chasin their own tails. Always ending
up at the same point in which they started no solving anything.

Hawkeye: You might find the Apollo 1 forum more to your liking.
(
www.apollo1.info)

LaDonna Wyss (aka Wanttruth, Justquest, Hpywife 516/927, LD Kansas,
Rae Kansas, Susan, John Spencer, and God only knows how many other
aliases)attempted to infiltrate that group, just as she has polluted
ssh. However, she was run off that forum very quickly, and is no
longer welcome to post there, because of her outrageous, degrading,
and manipulative behaviors.

She continues to infect ssh, but at this point, she's pretty much
talking to herself. Basically, everyone here knows that she is a
total fruitcake with a very big axe to grind, because she was
completely booted off the Estabrook/Grissom documentary project (by
her own admission).

Since you took it upon yourself to second guess what Gus Grissom would
think about all the postings on ssh, I will follow suit and render my
own opinion.

My thought is that Gus Grissom would not be pleased with the way
LaDonna Wyss has trashed his family, and insulted his memory and his
crew.

Gus was a consummate professional who would not have appreciated
someone going off half cocked, and jumping to conclusions about his
spacecraft.

Gus was also a man who valued his family, especially his two sons.
(Refer to his book, Gemini, for examples.)

If Gus was ****ed off about something, he didn't hold back. He got
his point across loud and clear, while often throwing in a good dose
of Hoosier humor.

Don't forget.... Gus Grissom publicly hung a lemon on Apollo 1 to
voice his displeasure with its quality. He didn't give a **** who saw
it.

Gus is the guy who had his photo taken while mockingly bowed in prayer
with his crew members in front of a miniature model of Apollo 1.

Gus is the man who had the balls to ask Buzz Aldrin during his astro
interview why Buzz felt a need to wear his resume (referring to all
the medals, etc. that Aldrin wore to the interview).

Gus Grissom was a guy who did not hold back. If he had something to
say, he said it.

IMHO, Gus Grissom would actually support all the posters who have
publicly exposed LaDonna Wyss for who and what she really is. Gus
dealt with nuts all through his astronaut career. He would have
smelled LaDonna Wyss coming as soon as she blew out of Kansas.

In fact, if Gus was still alive today and read her insulting posts
about his family and her **** poor research on his spacecraft, you may
very well have seen some extremely blunt and colorful posts from
someone posting as that shredded LaDonna Wyss into
miniscule bits and pieces. :-)

Don't let LaFruitcake and her sidekick, "Mini Me" Maxson fool you.
She has bits and pieces of technical info that may make her seem like
she knows what she's talking about.

But she has been proved to be a total fraud time and time again by
several technically knowledgeable and well-respected posters on ssh.
She is simply so delusional that she will not accept their verdict.
If they disagree with her, it must be because they are closet NASA
worshippers! :-)

Check out the other forum, Hawkeye. I'm sure people over there would
appreciate your input now and then.
Old July 20th 04, 01:55 AM
LaDonna Wyss

(bob haller) wrote in message ...

[...]

Bob, you couldn't be more right if you tried. However, I suppose I'm
the eternal optimist, because I refuse to believe that right will not
win out in the end. Truth must prevail, regardless of whether it is
popular or not.
I would also like to address the original post on this thread again; I
posted a response this morning, but I thought about it at work, and I
think the author is missing something. On the one hand, Gus would not
be very proud of certain antics (unfortunately some of those antics
come from a member of his family), but I think the poster forgot this:
Gus' sense of humor!
I think he would be laughing his a** off that so many people were
fighting so vehemently over HIM! :-)
Even in the midst of battle the sun still shines.
LaDonna
Old July 20th 04, 09:21 AM
Pat Flannery

Matthew Hardt wrote:

Does anyone have contact info for Estabrook? If he has videotape of
Ladonna being interviewed, they can be scanned onto a computer and a
picture of her can be posted so we can see just what sort of person we
are dealing with. I feel we need this information, based on her
behavoir on this news group.

You're just the sort of person who would look under a rock in a swamp to
"see what's there" aren't you?
Here...here's a picture of a live Giant Squid, let that be enough for
all of our sick curiosity about peculiar and frightening things only
seldom encountered by man:
http://www.pref.kyoto.jp/kaiyo/2-top...ga-squid03.jpg
=-O

Pat

Old July 20th 04, 02:07 PM
David Sander

Pat Flannery wrote:

Here...here's a picture of a live Giant Squid, let that be enough for
all of our sick curiosity about peculiar and frightening things only
seldom encountered by man:
http://www.pref.kyoto.jp/kaiyo/2-top...ga-squid03.jpg
=-O

*WHY* can I see this image and think *ONLY* of Gary Larson?

Oh my.

David
--
per aspera ad astra
Old July 20th 04, 05:20 PM
Bruce Palmer

David Sander wrote:
Pat Flannery wrote:

Here...here's a picture of a live Giant Squid, let that be enough for
all of our sick curiosity about peculiar and frightening things only
seldom encountered by man:
http://www.pref.kyoto.jp/kaiyo/2-top...ga-squid03.jpg
=-O

*WHY* can I see this image and think *ONLY* of Gary Larson?

Oh my.

Because it's in a pool right next to Ed's Dingo Farm.

--
bp
Proud Member of the Human O-Ring Society Since 2003