ASTRO: M27 color added

Old January 8th 07, 02:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M27 color added

M27 was my first light for the 14". One 5 minute shot that I had no
flats for. Eventually I retook it with color data but one frame of the
Lum image was unusable -- something crapped out when it was saved and it
can't be read. I guess that is why I never got around to processing it.
That and the one attempt I made with AIM4Windows failed because that
program just can't handle 4 5 meg FITS files open at once and still make
an image. Now with Photoshop I gave it another try. I see a hint of
its outer shell. Needs lots more time both for color data and Lum to
capture that however. Next year's project. I reduced it by a third
because the full size file was over 600K when converted to 7 bit for
posting. If I reduced compression then the fainter parts looked crappy
so I settled for reducing it.

14" LX200R@f/10, L=5x5, RGB=3x5 all binned 2x2, STL-11000M, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails