[media] Americans Demand Military Response After Chinese Shoot DownDirecTV Bird

Old February 1st 07, 09:25 PM posted to sci.space.history
mike flugennock

Default [media] Americans Demand Military Response After Chinese Shoot DownDirecTV Bird

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...emand_military

WASHINGTON, DC—A citizens' group presented a petition signed by nearly
75 million Americans to key members of Congress Monday, demanding the
United States take immediate military action against China after the
Communist nation shot down a DirecTV satellite last week. "This is a
blatant attack on the American way of life," said the group's founder
Abe Saloom. "Some of us lost a DirecTV signal that day, but all of us
lost the freedom to feel secure in our DirecTV connections for the
future." The statement urged the American military to move swiftly,
asserting that many Americans do not know "how they would go on" without
the NFL Sunday Ticket package.

--

..

"Though I could not caution all, I yet may warn a few:
Don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools!"

--grateful dead.
Mike Flugennock, flugennock at sinkers dot org
"Mikey'zine": dubya dubya dubya dot sinkers dot org