Old red galaxies supposedly dead, creating stars at furious pace

Old August 15th 11, 10:10 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Old red galaxies supposedly dead, creating stars at furious pace

Red galaxies fire up galaxy evolution theory
http://www.astronomynow.com/news/n1108/15galaxy/

Old August 15th 11, 11:33 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
john

On Aug 15, 3:10*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Red galaxies fire up galaxy evolution theoryhttp://www.astronomynow.com/news/n1108/15galaxy/

"Galaxy cluster formation occurred some ten billion years ago, with
the galaxies congregating under their own gravity. During their
assembly, galactic properties changed in relation to their
environments – elliptical and lenticular galaxies are typically found
in clusters, while spirals prefer their own company, underlining the
fact that the formation and evolution of galaxies is still full of
mysteries. "

Spirals are like charged atoms while elliptical and lenticular
are like neutral atoms- sharing the wealth.

john
galaxy model for the atom
Old August 16th 11, 05:32 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 8/15/2011 7:35 PM, Brad Guth wrote:
On Aug 15, 2:10 pm, Yousuf wrote:
Red galaxies fire up galaxy evolution theoryhttp://www.astronomynow.com/news/n1108/15galaxy/

Yes indeed, the older the galaxy the more massive and more likely to
be recycling mass, not to mention whatever galactic mergers or large
molecular cloud encounters may have taken place, creating lots of
those newer (4th and 5th generation) plus greater metallicity stars
seems like the right physics kind of thing for all that recycled mass
to be doing.

Perhaps the average galactic generation may only be 15~20 some odd
billion years.

In another 5 billion years, many of the Milky Way stars are going to
become white dwarfs and/or something other than main sequence stars.

I must congratulate you Brad, sometimes you do come up with some cogent
ideas, when you're not expressing wild crackpot ideas.

I completely agree with you here, it's likely that these red galaxies
are just waiting for their mid-sized Sun-mass stars to die and give up
their gas to the interstellar medium before more star formation occurs.
Since it takes between 2 billion and 20 billion years for the yellow and
orange stars to live and die, therefore the gas is locked up in these
stars until that time is up. There may be several cycles of these phases
where a galaxy's mass gets locked up by mid-sized stars and the galaxy
goes red, before new star formation starts up again. The used gas from
the stars would likely mix with pre-existing gas clouds circulating
throughout these galaxies and create new stars.

Of course humanity as we know it is unlikely to survive the next
thousand years, so that living large and fighting to the very end may
be our only option, as then Earth will revert back to its rightful
owners (ants, other insects and the likes of rad-hard cockroaches and
even crocodiles that can eat almost anything and survive almost
anywhere its warm like Earth is going to be (not to mention their
growing new body parts). The one species of complex life on Earth
that our global environment can do a whole lot better without, is us
humans.

And welcome back to crackpot Brad.

Yousuf Khan
Old August 16th 11, 02:42 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
john

On Aug 15, 2:10 pm, Yousuf *wrote:
[...]

Stars are continually reformed
from what comes out of the jets.

The neutron material must pass bacck through
the galactic nucleus and be spun back up
into HEPs which are ejected out the
jets and coalesce back into suns.

Galaxies get old like atoms get old. They
don't. They are continually renewed.

Which atoms are older than the others in H2O?

john
Old August 16th 11, 02:48 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 8/16/11 8:42 AM, john wrote:
Galaxies get old like atoms get old

Atoms don't get "old". Hydrogen created in the big bang
doesn't "age".

Old August 16th 11, 04:33 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
john

On Aug 16, 7:48*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 8/16/11 8:42 AM, john wrote:

Galaxies get old like atoms get old

* *Atoms don't get "old". Hydrogen created in the big bang
* *doesn't "age".

Exactly, Sam.
Atoms don't get 'old'.
Neither do galaxies, Sam.

The Big Bang is a really stupid concept that
presupposes a beginning to Time, among
other impossibilities.
Believe in it if you want.

It would appear, according to atoms are galaxies theory,
that we are in a reaction of some kind where there are
lots of ions being mixed into a fluid and rapidly
disseminating.

john