Followup [FAQ] Minor notice Columbia Loss FAQ

Old July 9th 04, 05:48 PM
dave schneider

Default Followup [FAQ] Minor notice Columbia Loss FAQ

wrote:
...Just a quick update for anyone who tried to access the Columbia
Loss FAQ on Thursday: Due to a glitch on one of IO's servers this
morning, between 11am and 5pm the FAQ was offline. This has been
remedied, natch, but I'd like to thank any of the [quick look &
tally]...43 people who e-mailed me the heads-up that it was down who
are out there on .history, .policy and, of course, .shuttle. Sorry for
the inconvenience as well to anyone who tried to access the FAQ.

...On a side note, I've tenatively planned most of the month of August
for a full reappraisal of the FAQ's format & contents, and will be
posting an RFI for additions and corrections. Of major note is that
one section will probably be removed, and that's the section dealing
with what the CAIB had found during the course of the investigation:
http://www.io.com/~o_m/columbia_loss...indings_so_far
Since the CAIB has released their report, this section has become
somewhat redundant and unnecessary. It was good while the pieces were
coming together to the puzzle, but a link to the PDF files wherever
they're now located will probably suffice. If time permits, a basic
"layman's terms" summary may be included.

Now, someone please pass this on to Pat, since he's apparently
refusing to remove me from his killfile, and since he was one of the
major contributors he deserves to know. Especially since I expect him
to still contribute...

OM

Thanks for the heads up!

A lot of effort by multiple people, with OM both leading and herding
cats, made this a very valuable FAQ.

/dps

Old July 10th 04, 05:58 PM
Pat Flannery

dave schneider wrote:

Now, someone please pass this on to Pat, since he's apparently
refusing to remove me from his killfile, and since he was one of the
major contributors he deserves to know. Especially since I expect him
to still contribute...

Thanks for the heads up!

A lot of effort by multiple people, with OM both leading and herding
cats, made this a very valuable FAQ.

I don't remember much of anything I contributed to the Columbia Loss FAQ
as such; I did get in touch with the CAIB in regards to weblinks to
photos of the reentry damage to the Soviet Buran orbiter, and they
thanked me for that.

Pat