astro: m81

Old January 14th 08, 04:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Default astro: m81

1x240 seconds
Meade 8" Schmidt-Newtonian
Celestron Advanced Series GT
Sbig ST2000XCM
over-processed with AstroArt and Photoshop

Type of object: Galaxy
RA (J2000.0): 09h 55m 33.5s
Dec (J2000.0): +69° 04' 02"
B Magnitude: 7.8
V Magnitude: 7.0
Size: 24.9'x11.5'
Position angle: 157°
Classification: Sb
Remarks: Bode's nebulae

--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m81.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	341.3 KB
ID:	1597
Old January 14th 08, 07:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

John N. Gretchen III wrote:

1x240 seconds
Meade 8" Schmidt-Newtonian
Celestron Advanced Series GT
Sbig ST2000XCM
over-processed with AstroArt and Photoshop

Type of object: Galaxy
RA (J2000.0): 09h 55m 33.5s
Dec (J2000.0): +69° 04' 02"
B Magnitude: 7.8
V Magnitude: 7.0
Size: 24.9'x11.5'
Position angle: 157°
Classification: Sb
Remarks: Bode's nebulae

The one shot color balance seems to have missed on this one as it is way
too red on my monitor. Might be the very short exposure time. I used
50 minutes L and 45 RGB and it wasn't enough but it was a night of super
seeing which I've not had since so until I do I won't be redoing it.

With more exposure you should pick up Holmberg IX a very weird dwarf
galaxy the subject of one paper at the latest AAS meeting down Austin
way last week.
http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...08/02/image/d/

Rick

Old January 14th 08, 07:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
DvandenH

These are real nice images John! your version of M95 shows the details very
good, i never managed to get this much detail in my version..

reg--
Dirk van den Herik

m...

Old January 15th 08, 01:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

I toned it down in the re-post
cool picture in the link, thanks

Old January 15th 08, 01:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Thanks

On 2008-01-14 10:58:16 -0500, "John N. Gretchen III" said

One of my favorite galaxies! Nice!

--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304