He3 on the moon NOT for fusion

Old March 11th 12, 04:09 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Frogwatch[_2_]

Default He3 on the moon NOT for fusion

PLease do not lump me in with "Wretched" or Guth et al. for posting
here.

OK there are currently no fusion reactors to use lunar He3 but He3 is
still valueable. It is used in neutron detectors for nuke power
plants and is seriously expensive. It is so expensive that there are
research programs to find alternatives although there really are no
good ones.
Old March 11th 12, 03:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Frogwatch[_2_]

On Mar 11, 12:51*am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Frogwatch wrote:

OK there are currently no fusion reactors to use lunar He3 but He3 is
still valueable. *It is used in neutron detectors for nuke power
plants and is seriously expensive. *It is so expensive that there are
research programs to find alternatives although there really are no
good ones.

Even at $2k/litre (the present inflated price, I believe) it is not
valuable enough to pay for bringing it back from the Moon. *It won't
pay until we need a LOT more of it.

*man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore,
*all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --George Bernard Shaw

I think the current price is actually too low because we are not
making more of it. However, it would be produced along with several
other lunar regolith products that are valueable such a iron nano-
particles.
Old March 12th 12, 04:45 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Frogwatch wrote:

OK there are currently no fusion reactors to use lunar He3 but He3 is
still valueable. It is used in neutron detectors for nuke power
plants and is seriously expensive. It is so expensive that there are
research programs to find alternatives although there really are no
good ones.

Even at $2k/litre (the present inflated price, I believe) it is not
valuable enough to pay for bringing it back from the Moon. It won't
pay until we need a LOT more of it.

--George Bernard Shaw

I think the current price is actually too low because we are not
making more of it. However, it would be produced along with several
other lunar regolith products that are valueable such a iron nano-
particles.

Huh? How do you figure? If it's rare and we need it, folks will pay MORE
for it, not less.

If people won't pay more, they don't need it badly enough.

Old March 12th 12, 07:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

--
Greg D. Moore * * * * * * * * *http://greenmountainsoftware.wordpress.com/
CEO QuiCR: Quick, Crowdsourced Responses.http://www.quicr.net

Jews will hoard just about anything if it's worth doing. On Earth
they've been creating artificial scarcities by hoarding the likes of
radium, among with many other elements and items that can be insider
speculated and traded for enormous profits and/or blood, because war
is always extremely profitable.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#

Fusion Rocket to the Moon Williamknowsbest Policy 17 April 2nd 07 12:18 PM
Drawbacks of fission, No Fusion Today, No Fusion Tomorrow [email protected] Policy 0 November 25th 06 12:19 PM
Fusion vs. Dissociation Radium Solar 5 October 23rd 06 06:27 PM
What is cold fusion and what is fusion one how we wanted it boblpetersen1 Misc 9 September 24th 04 02:36 AM