C02 geysers on Mars?

Old August 17th 06, 11:21 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default C02 geysers on Mars?

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archi...8/16/2090.aspx
Old August 17th 06, 11:28 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rusty

Pat Flannery wrote:
http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archi...8/16/2090.aspx

Who knew the Martians had Mentos?

Rusty

Old August 17th 06, 11:30 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:21:42 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archi...8/16/2090.aspx

....Lemme gusss: The Martians have been reading the Boing Boing blogs
about weapons of mess destruction using Mentos.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old August 17th 06, 11:56 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Rusty wrote:

Who knew the Martians had Mentos?

I saw a live demo of that; that's one hell of a chemical reaction, isn't it?

Pat
Old August 19th 06, 05:35 AM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archi...8/16/2090.aspx

Mars is more like Earth than we thought. A lot of old geezers spout nothing
but gas here too.

Old August 19th 06, 05:44 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Neil Gerace wrote:

Mars is more like Earth than we thought. A lot of old geezers spout nothing
but gas here too.

Still, maybe landing your manned spacecraft on the southern Martian
polar cap in the search for water might have unexpected ramifications in
regards to safety, mightn't it? :-D

Pat
Old August 19th 06, 06:49 AM posted to sci.space.history
Rusty

Neil Gerace wrote:
"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archi...8/16/2090.aspx

Mars is more like Earth than we thought. A lot of old geezers spout nothing
but gas here too.

What!? Now they're sending John Glenn to Mars!?

Rusty

Old August 19th 06, 11:40 AM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace

Neil Gerace wrote:

Mars is more like Earth than we thought. A lot of old geezers spout
nothing but gas here too.

Still, maybe landing your manned spacecraft on the southern Martian polar
cap in the search for water might have unexpected ramifications in regards
to safety, mightn't it? :-D

Absolutely. The Mars Polar Lander might have got a nasty surprise.

You did notice how I spelled 'geezer', I trust :-)

Old August 21st 06, 03:22 AM posted to sci.space.history
R Sweeney

Rusty wrote:

Who knew the Martians had Mentos?

I saw a live demo of that; that's one hell of a chemical reaction, isn't
it?

actually it's not truly chemical but physical