lunar occultation this afternoon.

Old June 18th 07, 11:05 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
John[_18_]

Default lunar occultation this afternoon.

UK sky watchers should be alert on Monday, June 18th, for a
mid-afternoon eclipse of Venus by the crescent Moon. Hanging high in the
sky, Venus will appear as a pinprick of light beside the Moon, visible
to the naked eye in broad daylight until the edge of the Moon covers the
planet.

Good luck everyone.
John.
Old June 18th 07, 11:28 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Jim[_1_]

In article , John wrote:
UK sky watchers should be alert on Monday, June 18th, for a
mid-afternoon eclipse of Venus by the crescent Moon. Hanging high in the
sky, Venus will appear as a pinprick of light beside the Moon, visible
to the naked eye in broad daylight until the edge of the Moon covers the
planet.

[Checks sky - 100% cloud cover]
[Checks Met Office website]
[Cries.]

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
"Inspiring bold John Barleycorn! What dangers thou canst make us scorn!
Old June 18th 07, 11:49 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
John[_18_]

Jim wrote:
In article , John wrote:
UK sky watchers should be alert on Monday, June 18th, for a
mid-afternoon eclipse of Venus by the crescent Moon. Hanging high in the
sky, Venus will appear as a pinprick of light beside the Moon, visible
to the naked eye in broad daylight until the edge of the Moon covers the
planet.

[Checks sky - 100% cloud cover]
[Checks Met Office website]
[Cries.]

Jim

Same here in Aberdeenshire I'm afraid Jim.

John.
Old June 18th 07, 12:10 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Philippe Gautier

John wrote:
Jim wrote:
In article , John wrote:
UK sky watchers should be alert on Monday, June 18th, for a
mid-afternoon eclipse of Venus by the crescent Moon. Hanging high in
the sky, Venus will appear as a pinprick of light beside the Moon,
visible to the naked eye in broad daylight until the edge of the Moon
covers the planet.

[Checks sky - 100% cloud cover]
[Checks Met Office website]
[Cries.]

Jim

Same here in Aberdeenshire I'm afraid Jim.

John.

quite cloudy here in Edinburgh but some very large blue sky gaps... we
may be lucky...

Philippe
Old June 18th 07, 01:19 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Norbert

Philippe Gautier nous a donc écrit :

John wrote:
Jim wrote:
In article , John wrote:
UK sky watchers should be alert on Monday, June 18th, for a
mid-afternoon eclipse of Venus by the crescent Moon. Hanging high
in the sky, Venus will appear as a pinprick of light beside the
Moon, visible to the naked eye in broad daylight until the edge of
the Moon covers the planet.

[Checks sky - 100% cloud cover]
[Checks Met Office website]
[Cries.]

Jim

Same here in Aberdeenshire I'm afraid Jim.

John.

quite cloudy here in Edinburgh but some very large blue sky gaps... we
may be lucky...

Clouds and rain in South of Brittany :-((

--
Norbert. (no X for the answer)