Hey lets outsource satellite launches too.

Old October 22nd 10, 12:32 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default Hey lets outsource satellite launches too.

On Oct 21, 12:34*pm, Doug Freyburger wrote:
jacob navia wrote:

Arianespace did not outsource the rockets...

They are the outsource when any US satelite is launched on them.

They built rockets. What Dan is complaining about is that the U.S. space
industry is getting outsourced to ****ries with lower wages to bypass
the high wages of american engineers.

Obviously when the standard of living of U.S. citizens will be lower
than in India, they will come back.

Isn't "the market" GREAT?

I remember Japanese products being synonymous with junk and Japanese
labor being cheap. *I saw that change across my career. *Competing with
cheap overseas labor has been a part of my life as long as I have had a
job. *For that matter the American colonies did the exact same thing to
the Brits centuries ago.

The difference now is my grandchildren will probably see a world with no
more places to outsource to. *It's remotely possible I'll be alive when
the market saturates the world labor pool and there are no more places
to go for cheap labor. *The rate of change toward that is much higher
than when it was only Japan and Taiwan and Singapore.

Wages are not the driving factor, its efficiency. Henry Ford when he
opened his assembly line in Detroit in 1908 mentioned this. When Ford
raised wages from the prevailing $1 per day to $5 per day he called
the $4 premium efficiency wages earned because of the way he had
organized work. His creation of a method to make workers more
productive so they could earn more money while he earned more money
was the key to a productive market. He wrote many books about this,
which became known as the Ford Way.

Carnegie, Edison, Firestone and other creative types embraced this
philosophy.

Those who inherited their wealth did not.

In the wake of choosing to specialize in retail and banking and export
where possible our manufacturing sector we as a nation have forgotten
this.
Old October 23rd 10, 12:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

jacob navia wrote:

[...]

We as a nation are not allowed to think for ourselves, as well as our
media (including textbooks) is owned and/or controlled by those that
want to keep it that way. Not all of us are as independently wealthy
and Einstein smart as yourself, and chances are the next ten
generations will not catch up. So far, your leadership has failed us.

~ BG
Old October 23rd 10, 05:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

jacob navia wrote:

[...]

Read DRAMA OF THE GIFTED CHILD by Alice Miller and understand that
blaming others is the central mechanism by which we lose power to
others. Don't do it.