Two Etalons are better thsan one!

Old October 15th 03, 05:39 PM
Ronald Alpiar

Default Two Etalons are better thsan one!

Bleary-eyed but happy I have spent the last 2 hours with my eyeballs glued
to Coronado's Maxscope40's ocular.

This was the first opportunity I had to try a tamdem configuration of
Maxscope with the older Coronado etalon purchaseerd 5 years ago..

The result was breathtaking.

Details on the sun's disk, fissures, threads etc which were practically
invisible whjen using the filters separately, leapt into view in all their
intricate and high contrast fine structure. I reckon that by carefully
adjusting the relative tilt oif the two etalons, I was able to achieve a
pass bandwidth well under 0.4 Amstrom.

How true the proverb: 'The whole is greater than the sum of its parts'!