Cracks in foam ??

Old July 4th 06, 02:43 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected][_1_]

Default Cracks in foam ??

Cracks in foam ?? I say we launch anyways, July 4th and did you see
that launch time ??!!?? 2:37 PM ET .

It's going to be a good day.

Old July 4th 06, 03:04 AM posted to sci.space.history
g. beat

wrote in message
oups.com...

Cracks in foam ?? I say we launch anyways, July 4th and did you see
that launch time ??!!?? 2:37 PM ET .

It's going to be a good day.

NASA concurs with your assessment.
===========================
CNN Breaking News

-- NASA says it will try again to launch Space Shuttle Discovery on July 4,
despite finding a crack in its insulation.

Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com and watch FREE video, plus live,
commercial-free video with CNN Pipeline.
Only one news network has been the most trusted for nearly two decades:
CNN - Still the most trusted name in news.

Old July 4th 06, 03:21 AM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_1_]

g. beat wrote:
NASA concurs with your assessment.
===========================

You mean that everyone that doesn't actually know anything first hand
or otherwise have the expertise in order to give a tinkers damn as to
the level of risk is all thumbs up.

In other words; NASA's crew and equipment is always expendable.

What are the odds for and against?

How many times can you thermally cycle that foam covered tank?

Too bad they're not smart enough to utilize composites of basalt, or
even of the R-1024/m of basalt microballoons (that's a highly
structural R-1/mm).
-
Brad Guth

Old July 4th 06, 05:11 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jack Crenshaw

g. beat @ wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Cracks in foam ?? I say we launch anyways, July 4th and did you see
that launch time ??!!?? 2:37 PM ET .

It's going to be a good day.

NASA concurs with your assessment.
===========================
CNN Breaking News

-- NASA says it will try again to launch Space Shuttle Discovery on July 4,
despite finding a crack in its insulation.

Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com and watch FREE video, plus live,
commercial-free video with CNN Pipeline.
Only one news network has been the most trusted for nearly two decades:
CNN - Still the most trusted name in news.

Could be a very large fireworks display. Let's all pray not.

Jack
Old July 4th 06, 05:55 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Griffin himself said we will have a nice fireworks display.

Another idiot bush apointee...........

foanm falling off tank at rest.

lets fly..................

Old July 4th 06, 09:08 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On 4 Jul 2006 09:55:47 -0700, in a place far, far away,
" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Griffin himself said we will have a nice fireworks display.

Another idiot bush apointee.

Another idiot Usenet poster.
Old July 4th 06, 09:32 PM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick[_1_]

Let's face it, NASA has a crack problem.

Old July 4th 06, 09:38 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 16:32:08 -0400, in a place far, far away, "Scott
Hedrick" made the phosphor on my

Let's face it, NASA has a crack problem.

Actually, it's addicted to pork.
Old July 5th 06, 04:14 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected][_1_]

"I can't think of a better place to be on the Fourth of July." He
promised to give observers "an up-close and personal look at the
rocket's red glare."

The launch didn't disappoint on that score. After an on-time launch at
2:37 p.m. ET, the shuttle ascended on a pillar of fire and exhaust ...

HA, you are all just "Naysayers" ( laugh )

jk