Our galaxy heading for collision with Andromeda Galaxy

Old June 9th 12, 12:24 PM posted to sci.space.science
signifiespost

Default Our galaxy heading for collision with Andromeda Galaxy

NASA states that nothing will happen to our Solar system. The
collision will commence after 2 billion years. By that time, Sun
would have turned into a red dwarf star gobbling up all his planets.

Even otherwise, solar system would perish in countless supernova
explosions that follow the galaxy collision.

Check out:http://signifies.net/our-galaxy-heading-for-an-end/

Old June 9th 12, 06:46 PM posted to sci.space.science
Sylvia Else[_2_]

On 9/06/2012 9:24 PM, signifiespost wrote:
NASA states that nothing will happen to our Solar system. The
collision will commence after 2 billion years. By that time, Sun
would have turned into a red dwarf star gobbling up all his planets.

Probably you meant red giant.

Not that soon, it won't, but it's gradually getting hotter. The Earth
will be uninhabitable long before the galactic collision unless it's
been moved further from the sun.

Sylvia.

Old June 9th 12, 08:43 PM posted to sci.space.science
Brian Gaff

Well I'll not be around then will I?
However, I'm beginning to think that the lack of ET calling is probably due
to the fact that the universe is a dangerous space, you only need some
catastrophe to happen to a nearby star and life is gone.
Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.

The email is valid as
Blind user.

Old June 25th 12, 11:17 PM posted to sci.space.science
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jun 9, 10:46 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
On 9/06/2012 9:24 PM, signifiespost wrote:

NASA states that nothing will happen to our Solar system. The
collision will commence after 2 billion years. By that time, Sun
would have turned into a red dwarf star gobbling up all his planets.

Probably you meant red giant.

Not that soon, it won't, but it's gradually getting hotter. The Earth
will be uninhabitable long before the galactic collision unless it's
been moved further from the sun.

Sylvia.

Earth will also start moving away, perhaps enough to give us a few
million (possibly a billion) years extension on surviving before our
red giant sun goes into its lethal helium flashover and converts into
a small WD of perhaps only .5 Ms.

I doubt any forensic trace of our human species will even exist after
the next million years, so there's really nothing to worry about.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#

Our galaxy heading for collision with Andromeda Galaxy signifiespost Amateur Astronomy 9 June 22nd 12 07:10 AM
Our galaxy heading for collision with Andromeda Galaxy signifiespost Policy 12 June 14th 12 06:55 AM
Our galaxy heading for collision with Andromeda Galaxy signifiespost Astronomy Misc 0 June 9th 12 04:56 AM
andromeda galaxy helen abdullahi Misc 7 January 10th 05 03:48 AM
andromeda galaxy helen abdullahi UK Astronomy 6 January 6th 05 12:49 AM