ASTRO: NGC 4564, NGC 4567 and NGC 4568

Old April 30th 07, 06:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: NGC 4564, NGC 4567 and NGC 4568

Still working on disturbed galaxies. NGC 4567 and 8 are sometimes
called the Siamese Twins or butterfly galaxies. NGC 4568 (bottom) does
look disturbed as the right third of it is lacking any of the high
contrast detail the other two thirds shows. It's almost like two very
different galaxies were photoshopped into one by a beginner the dividing
line is so sharp. Yet NGC 4567 seems unaffected in any way. While it
appears to my eye that 4568 is sliding "behind" 4567 it may be going in
front and thus the reason for the change. Though then there's the
strong dust lane that seems to divide the two to explain. There's a lot
going on here, I just wish I knew what it was. The elliptical at the
top is NGC 4564. Visually you can add M58 to the field of view making
it one of my must see fields when exploring the Virgo cluster after the
region around The Eyes and M86 and M84. I should have rotated the
camera and tried for all 4. M58 isn't disturbed so hasn't been imaged
this season. Maybe next as it is an interesting barred spiral. Clouds
cut short my color data. Still it came out quite well I think.

As usual there are a lot of Unidentified Fuzzy Objects (UFOs) in the
background.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=4x10' RGB=1x10' all binned 2x2, STL-11000XM,
Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NGC4567L4X10RGB1X10R1.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	317.4 KB
ID:	785
Old April 30th 07, 11:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Rick,

excellent detail in the twins. Unfortunately the moon is in Virgo this
night, otherwise I'd be tempted to try these too.

Stefan

Old May 2nd 07, 03:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

I need a bigger screen to see these images!.. nice detail Rick!

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com