OT - Firefox web browser

Old November 11th 04, 06:01 PM
John Coxon

In the two thousand and fourth year of Bob, Jo's voice said the following,
in wonderful perfect quadrophonic sound with distortion levels so low as to
make a man weep:

In ,
John Coxon typed:

There was an Outbox add-on for earlier versions but that is broken
on 0.9

Is there not an extension to add an Outbox on the website? There are
usually extensions for anything you care to ask for.

Unfortunately, no. The existing Outbox add-on failed at, I think, 0.7 and I
have not seen a fixed version yet.

Hang on. My version of Thunderbird has an "Unsent Messages" box - that what
you're after?

--
John Coxon

"Do not, as I was gravely warned by the instructions of a game I bought
recently, put CDs into your drive which have been 'mended with glue'.
Important safety tip, guys." - Tim Browse, 'Starship Titanic' Technical Lead

E-mail: john[dot]coxon[at]gmail[dot]com
Livejournal: http://www.livejournal.com/~johncoxon
DNA eBaywatch: http://www.livejournal.com/~dna_ebay
Missing footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemowiki.pl?ISFN
ZZ9 - the official HHGG appreciation society: http://www.zz9.org/
Old November 11th 04, 06:03 PM
John Coxon

In the two thousand and fourth year of Bob, John Coxon's voice said the
following, in wonderful perfect quadrophonic sound with distortion levels so
low as to make a man weep:

In the two thousand and fourth year of Bob, Jo's voice said the
following, in wonderful perfect quadrophonic sound with distortion
levels so low as to make a man weep:

In ,
John Coxon typed:

There was an Outbox add-on for earlier versions but that is broken
on 0.9

Is there not an extension to add an Outbox on the website? There are
usually extensions for anything you care to ask for.

Unfortunately, no. The existing Outbox add-on failed at, I think, 0.7
and I have not seen a fixed version yet.

Hang on. My version of Thunderbird has an "Unsent Messages" box - that
what you're after?

But then again, I am running 0.6. I didn't know there was a more recent one
out, but I only use it for usenet anyway.

Old November 12th 04, 01:34 AM
Jo

In ,
John Coxon typed:
Hang on. My version of Thunderbird has an "Unsent Messages" box -
that what you're after?

But then again, I am running 0.6. I didn't know there was a more
recent one out, but I only use it for usenet anyway.

John,

My apologies. I just installed 0.9 and yes, it does have an "Unsent
Messages" box and it does work like the OE outbox.

Jo...with egg on face

Old November 12th 04, 11:08 AM
Martin Frey

"Jo" wrote:

My apologies. I just installed 0.9 and yes, it does have an "Unsent
Messages" box and it does work like the OE outbox.

Jo...with egg on face

Help! I compose an email. How do I get it into the unsent folder? My
options seem to be send - which intiiates a dial up connection, save
which creates a text file or draft which doesn't put it in unsent.

Although I have no boxes checked in account settings, my system dials
up every 10 minutes if thunderbird is open. This could cost a fortune
and some. I think I have to throw the thing away as too dangerous for
non-broadband primitives.

-----------------------------
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
N 51 01 52.2 E 0 47 21.1
-----------------------------
Old November 12th 04, 12:46 PM
Jo

In ,
Martin Frey typed:

Help! I compose an email. How do I get it into the unsent folder? My
options seem to be send - which intiiates a dial up connection, save
which creates a text file or draft which doesn't put it in unsent.

The Compose message toolbar button is "Send now". Which is what made me
originally think that there was no outbox.

You need to use the menu option "File\Send Later" or hot key combination
Ctrl+Shift+Return That will put your message into the "Unsent messages"
folder.

It is possible to customise the Compose message toolbar, but I can't see an
option to get a "Send Later" button onto it.

Although I have no boxes checked in account settings, my system dials
up every 10 minutes if thunderbird is open. This could cost a fortune
and some. I think I have to throw the thing away as too dangerous for
non-broadband primitives.

Go to Account settings and look at your server settings. You should see a
"Check for new messages every xx minutes" option, mine was defaulted to 10
minutes. I bet that is your problem.

Jo

Old November 12th 04, 12:51 PM
Jo

In ,
Martin Frey typed:

Although I have no boxes checked in account settings, my system dials
up every 10 minutes if thunderbird is open. This could cost a fortune
and some. I think I have to throw the thing away as too dangerous for
non-broadband primitives.

I read your email again and see that you already have the "Check accounts
every xxx minutes" switched off. If that is so then I don't know what is
happening.

Jo

Old November 12th 04, 01:38 PM
Martin Frey

"Jo" wrote:

You need to use the menu option "File\Send Later" or hot key combination
Ctrl+Shift+Return That will put your message into the "Unsent messages"
folder.

Thanks - Ctrl+Shift+Return works. I don't have a send later menu item
in version 0.9

It is possible to customise the Compose message toolbar, but I can't see an
option to get a "Send Later" button onto it.

Nor me

Although I have no boxes checked in account settings, my system dials
up every 10 minutes if thunderbird is open. This could cost a fortune
and some. I think I have to throw the thing away as too dangerous for
non-broadband primitives.

Go to Account settings and look at your server settings. You should see a
"Check for new messages every xx minutes" option, mine was defaulted to 10
minutes. I bet that is your problem.

No - the boxes were unchecked. I've banged a load of 9s into the delay
box and then unchecked the box. again Time will tell if that works.
Maybe -1 or 0 might be better.

-----------------------------
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
N 51 01 52.2 E 0 47 21.1
-----------------------------
Old November 13th 04, 08:22 AM
Chris.B

"Jo" wrote in message ...

Suggest you stick with 0.7 until an outbox add-on that definitely works with
0.9 comes along...or until 1.0 is released with a built-in Outbox
(hopefully).

Jo

I downloaded Firefox 1.0 out of interest and it does have a list of
optional add-ons being discussed here.

I am rather perturbed about giving Firefox control of my many (many)
"Favorites". Will I ever get them back for IE if I tire of Firefox?

On the topic of free downloads: Open Office finally allowed me free
access to the many Excel spreadsheets knocking about on the web. Just
thought I'd mention it in case anyone hasn't heard about it yet.

Chris.B