What if (on space shock waves)

Old August 9th 08, 01:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default What if (on space shock waves)

What if every explosion big or small gives space a shock? Big bang the
biggest shock Black hole reaching the mass density of 6 trillion
stars(critical mass density) next greatest space wave shock. the
1999 gamma ray burst third largest shock wave. Supernova burst recorded
in China over a thousand years ago forth largest shock wave . All this
begs the question What is a space shock wave? Is this shock wave a push
force? Does this great shock wave going through space influence the
intrinsic energy immersed in the fabric of space? Is the shock wave
instantaneous speed of light or go at slightly less than light. are all
the atoms of all the elements part of the particle structure of these
space shocks? Are shock waves needed to help gravities push compression
force,and get fusion going? Are these shock waves just
gravitons,photons,and neutrinos bursting through space at light speed to
upset hydrogen clouds.? How can we be sure neutrinos are not from the
fabric of space(making up its energy) and are not coming out of
neutrons,or atoms? Maybe they are coming out of both? Can we use the
great energy of space shock waves that are occurring all over the
universe as I type to be the space energy needed for space inflating?
This is my biggest What if and the reason is space is infinitely big
Bert

Old August 9th 08, 03:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Aug 9, 5:41 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
[...]

When Sirius B went red giant and the flash-over to becoming a white
dwarf caused the relatively sudden loss of 5 solar masses, as such
would have been quite a shock wave to those local planets and moons.
Of course losing 80% of the tidal radius grasp of holding onto those
planets and their moons, as will as for the substantial Oort cloud,
would have been a time of migrations over to the nearest other solar
system.

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
Old August 9th 08, 04:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

[...]

Bert, what you're talkin' about is gravitational waves which have been
cussed and discussed here many times over the years. They've never
been detected directly, but Hulse and Taylor observed surrogate
evidence of them in a neutron star's slowdown at the exact rate
predicted by GR. Calling them "gravitational" waves is actually a
misnomer since they are actually *spatial acoustic pressure waves* in
the spatial medium, exactly analogous to sound waves in air, but
propagating at c. When finally detected, they will be discovered to be
of **longitudinal** polarization just like sound waves in air (not
transverse polarization as currently assumed under the VSP).
Though gravity and gravitational waves are
intimately related, they are distinctly different critters. This squib
on the subject of GWs appeared in another NG.

On Apr 24, 6:44 am, "Sreb" wrote:

"WilltheLIGOExperimentWork?"

What does not seem to be mentioned is the fact that LIGO is only
capable of detecting longitudinal waves.

From oc :

Umm.. that's incorrect. LIGO (and presumably LISA) are
configured to detect transverse/quadrupole radiation, not
longitudinal. See
illustration, pg. 6
http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~rayfrey/QNet/LIGO-2.pdf
The detector, as illustrated, is designed to detect transverse/
quadrupole waves arriving from above, but would be essentially deaf
longitudinal waves arriving from above. This might not rule out its
having *incidental* ability to detect longitudinal waves arriving
laterally.
I fail to understand your reasoning behind the
statement that longitudinal waves cannot be detectable in the 'far
field'. If they were generated by, say, a supernova event or by a
binary BH merger and ring-down, what is going to 'cancel'
longitudinally-polarized waves?

The following discussion was posted recently in the alt.astronomy NG:

An international team of physicists, including University of Oregon
scientists, has concluded that last February's intense burst of gamma
rays possibly coming from the Andromeda Galaxy lacked a gravitational
wave. That absence, they say, rules out an initial interpretation that
the burst came from merging neutron stars or black holes within
Andromeda.
http://theanalystmagazine.com/pr/232328.html

What *would* be interesting is if the null result were due to
erroneous belief about _polarization_ of gravitational waves. It's
assumed that GWs are of largely transverse/quadrupole polarization
(as opposed to purely londitudinal, i.e., compression-rarefaction
polarization, like a sound wave in air). Hence, the LIGO arrays are
designed to detect transverse/quadrupole radiation arriving
vertically (from above the apparatus). See illustration, pg. 6 -

http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~rayfrey/QNet/LIGO-2.pdf

But 'what If' GWs are in fact of longitudinally
polarized, lacking
the expected transverse/quadrupole component? What if they are in
fact
*spatial acoustic pressure waves*, which they would be if space is a
compressible/expansible Fluid amenable to pressure/density
gradients?

If such were the case, LIGO might still be able to detect waves
arriving *laterally* (not vertically) to the apparatus.

And if such were the case, it'd be an interesting "reverse-analog"
to the original Michelson-Morley experiment which was set up to
detect
a lateral flow only.

It would also be a boondoggle that'd pale to near-insignifigance the
Hubble Space Telescope primary mirror fiasco (especially if LISA goes
on to full opertional status looking for transverse-quadrupole
waves).

Old August 9th 08, 04:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Brad Nicely posted Humankind has to get off the Earth when our sun
goes red giant. That is how Darla and her humankind managed to survive.
It really just takes great technology to survive when need be Bert

Old August 9th 08, 05:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

oc I did not intentionally leave out gravity. I just don't think of
gravity as a wave. Big spacetime events are explosions,and are shown to
us as photons neutrinos,but no gravity waves. cant be detected because
gravity makes no waves Pure short and simple.The way Bohr and Einstein
would have liked it said bert

Old August 9th 08, 06:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Aug 9, 8:52 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Brad Nicely posted Humankind has to get off the Earth when our sun
goes red giant. That is how Darla and her humankind managed to survive.
It really just takes great technology to survive when need be Bert

If your red giant situation was going from bad to worse (say getting
ready to flash-over into a white dwarf), and if there so happened to
be a spare planetoid or proto-moon of 7.35e22 kg that was getting
released from its Sirius B tidal radius demise of 61 solar mass, and
subsequently kind of headed this planetoid/moon off at roughly an
average interstellar trek velocity of 32 km/s in the direction of our
extremely nearby solar system, whereas it seems rather minimal duh-101
of what I'd do before tossing in the towel.

Further details and a minor correction:
Sirius A most likely collected one solar mass from the Sirius B red
giant phase, making Sirius A into the 2+ solar mass and the collective
worth of the Sirius A/B shift from roughly 73, for a combined binary
solar mass loss of 4, that which represents a rather substantial
reduction of stellar gravity (not to mention one hell of a great deal
of solar wind or sustained shock wave), and thereby creating a
subsequent loss of tidal radius, whereas seeing the greater tidal
radius loss ratio of 6:1 for Sirius B as having but 17% of its
original hold on whatever planets and moons is fairly certain unless
the regular laws of physics do not apply.

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
Old August 9th 08, 06:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Aug 9, 9:02 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
oc I did not intentionally leave out gravity. I just don't think of
gravity as a wave. Big spacetime events are explosions,and are shown to
us as photons neutrinos,but no gravity waves. cant be detected because
gravity makes no waves Pure short and simple.The way Bohr and Einstein
would have liked it said bert

Gravity is not a wave unless perhaps it's derived from some supper
massive BH of antimatter that could create a rather nifty gravity wave
push. However, the sudden loss of gravity because it's radiating
outward in all directions at perhaps 0.1'c' by rights should represent
a great deal of force.

The solar wind leaving the once upon a time Sirius A/B of 7+ solar
mass, as having lost 4+ solar mass in a relatively short amount of RG
flash-over to WD time, shouldn't have been mainstream discounted as
insignificant.

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
Old August 10th 08, 01:56 AM posted to alt.astronomy
911review,org

space is infinitely big

i agree, i dont believe in a singularity.
at least not a single one.

it would be awesome to harness that energy as well eh ?
Old August 10th 08, 03:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Aug 9, 5:56 pm, "911review,org" wrote:
space is infinitely big

i agree, i dont believe in a singularity.
at least not a single one.

it would be awesome to harness that energy as well eh ?

Correct. Even a small portion of Earth's Selene/moon tidal radius as
a given force/sec of 2e20 N, if converted into energy would be
impressive.

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
Old August 10th 08, 08:21 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Aug 9, 10:14 am, BradGuth wrote:
[...]

The 4x solar mass lost from the combined Sirius A/B binary, or that of
the 5x solar mass loss from Sirius B alone, seems more than a likely
cause of the extremely nearby Sirius having lost its tidal radius
grasp on a few of its planets, planetoids and moons.

This is a good but extremely complex simulation for 5th graders to run
on our public owned supercomputers.

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth