Star Tracker

Old January 27th 06, 08:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Star Tracker

While up at the local supermarket getting a few things to tie me over, on
one of those odds and ends sale tables near the door, I spotted on top
something by the above name, at a whooping $1.69 I got it and came home with
it. Why?

Because it looked usefull!

Now what it is:

It is a handle that go up and has a 1/2 circle, this handle holds 2 AAA
batties. The top part is made to hold some clear plastic disks that have
holes in them, it seems you turn it on and the holes catch the faint light
and you see a constellation on it and you aline that with what you see in
the sky, thereby finding the constellation.

They have five disks, for : Big Dipper, Orion, Leo, Cygnus, Cassiopeia.

It also comes with a glow in the dark Star Wheel (planetsphear?).

I've got to pick up some batterys, but for something real simple, it dose
look usefull.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop