2 cold

Old February 2nd 04, 05:38 AM
Holly

"Kilolani" wrote in
ink.net:

"Starlord" wrote in message
There is 2 ways to use a telescope to look at the sun.

1. Mount a sheet of white cardstock above the eyepiece and PROJECT
the

suns
image on the cardstock. I do this with my 8inch Dob and it's the
safest

way to
do it.

2. But a full apature solar filter that goes over the front end of
the telescope.

Hi Holly,

There is actually a third way, which is to use a hydrogen alpha
filter. One of the best companies making these today is Coronado. I
had without question the most fantastic views I've ever seen of the
sun though one of these.

http://www.coronadofilters.com/

Dang well those words on that page were so small i could hardly not read
them bit i will say those scopes look cool but i doubt if i could afford to
buy one.
I been reading some of the things here that people say and i think i better
not even try messing with the sun becuase i dont know what im doing but if
i ever get some xtra $$$ ill get me one of them filters.

Holly

Old February 2nd 04, 05:41 AM
Holly

(Dennis Persyk) wrote in
om:

Hi Holly,

It's never too cold to observe. You simply need the proper clothing.
I have an illustration of what the well-dressed observer wears at
http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

Not very chic, but it does keep me warm in 0 F, -18 C weather.

Clear skies,

Dennis Persyk
Igloo Observatory Home Page http://dpersyk.home.att.net
Hampshire, IL

Oh yes it is too too cold no way too cold its cold here and i mean cold
I dont know about the c weather but f weather it is like 2 degrees and no
matter how warm i dress i will freeze my butt off in about 2 minutes unless
im moving around which i wont be if im looking at the sky through as
telescope.
Plus theres like a foot of snow and alot of ice i would trip and bust my
butt and break my scope.
I couldn't see that link you had becasue it wouldnt click but i bet it
looks like an eskimo.

Holly wrote in message
. ..
Just thought i would let every1 know that its too cold to look at the
telescope and that i miss the moon.
Well when it gets warm i am going to go moon gazing again and i wish
i could see jupiter and saturn.
I got a big telescope with those computer control box things and im
going to learn how to use that.
Not that anyone cares i know.
One question is how do you look at the sun ? I mean how do you look
at the sun through a te;lescope without going blind ?
Because i could probly do that from inside the house.

Holly