Spirit Rover photo / People alive on Mars !

Old February 2nd 04, 02:14 PM
O'Ryan Wells

"M.A.Perafonte'" wrote in message
om...
"O'Ryan Wells" wrote

"M.A.Perafonte'" wrote:
*** Ive checked this address, and it's working... I do
*** not know what these "replies" may be addressed to, but
*** it's quite obvious they have not seriously studied
*** what was presented.

When I was quite young my bed was next to a wall with a 'stippled'
wallpaper pattern (bear with me).

*** judging from the remainder of your "reply", you have still
*** not matured much beyond your youth, but do continue...

In the dim light at night before sleeping I 'saw' outlines of
'little faces' in the wall paper, hundreds of them constantly
changing. I looked for them in the morning but they were always
gone. Were these vanishing faces real?

*** so, children imagine different vivid things... Im still
*** searching for a relevant point in this long "reply"

The brain is particularly good at face recognition, (see any
good psychology text) with the slightest of clues a random
pattern can be 'morphed' by the brain into the most
recognisable pattern, that of a face.

*** a face, for instance... very well... and if we see a real
*** face, could we mistake it for something "else" ? Go look
*** in the mirror and tell me what you see... I'll wait.

I looked at this picture of rocks from your site and I can see
the same effect quite clearly.

*** There are only three pictures at my current site... all
*** three of them are derived from the same NASA original...
*** and yes, the original shows an area near the rover
*** predominantly covered with sand/soil and rocks.
***
*** Im sorry - first you recount imaginary faces from your
*** childhood, and then quote psychology of face recognition...
*** but, in fact, there is nothing I have shown which is
*** not both present and visible. I consider your reply in
*** particular to be inauthoritative, insulting, and otherwise
*** out of place in a serious newsgroup.

My 'faces' however have no signalling devices but are merely
fragments as I would expect.

*** so we're back to faces you saw in your wallpaper as a
*** child ?
*** I do not know, or any longer care, what motivated you
*** to "reply" to my article... I am sorry you had this
*** frightening experience as a child, but must point out
*** to you, that is not the subject of my post, nor the
*** expected subject of replies thereto.

One even looks like an 'orc'!

*** I know you mean by this... a grampus... maybe you had just
*** watched flipper before being sent to bed ?

Do you seriously think very small 'Martians' are swimming
about in the dust under the camera on the rover making
'beep beep' signals?

*** seriousness is no longer a consideration respecting your
*** reply. swimming ? beep beep ? No Im not amused.

If these impressions continue I should seek medical advice,
a course of tranquillisers may remedy the problem, so might
a good, healthy, outdoor interest.

*** I feel certain I will hear no more from you about this.
*** your remarks border very nearly upon the slanderous...
*** and you are not, quite obviously, employed in any medical
*** profession.
*** In it's sheer neglect of the original topic, your "reply"
*** is not alone, it simply has no value to me.

You clearly a have no sense of humour, so I will desist from any further
attempts to lighten the matter. I had a very happy childhood, thanks, the
incident did not frighten me, it arroused my curiosity, which I carried into
a career in science.
To the heart of the matter, then, I see no people in the pictures, only
rocks. So I am at a loss to explain where you got this idea from, other than
your imagination.

If my humour has offended you, I apologise. But I still think you're wrong.

O'Ryan Wells.

---