Track ESA spacecraft online (Forwarded)

Old May 1st 07, 07:15 PM posted to sci.space.news
Andrew Yee[_1_]

Default Track ESA spacecraft online (Forwarded)

ESA News
http://www.esa.int

Track ESA spacecraft online

Ever wondered if Envisat, Integral or the ISS was overhead? Now you can view
the location of ESA's Earth-orbiting spacecraft and other ESA-related
missions in real-time via our new tracking site.

The new 'Track ESA Spacecraft' feature is now online. Access the tracker by
clicking on the icon link on the right, or below.

Once the site loads, the tracker automatically starts displaying the
location of the International Space station (ISS).

It can also show ground tracks for ESA (and ESA's partners) space
observatory missions, including Integral, XMM-Newton, Cluster and the Hubble
Space Telescope; for GIOVE-A, our first Galileo mission; and for our Earth
observation missions ERS-2, Envisat and Proba.

Our tracker works as a gadget -- a small slice of Javascript combined with a
traditional HTML-based web page and hosted on multiple servers. The
satellite location data is combined with map images provided by Google maps,
plus formatting instructions, and automatically updated on the site. The
actual satellite locations are updated every hour.

ESA Spacecraft Tracker,
http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Track_ES...ons/index.html