Sh2-101 Reprocessed

Old November 4th 04, 02:24 AM
Dennis Persyk

Default Sh2-101 Reprocessed

There were four bright stars that were bloated considerably in my
image of Sharpless 2-101. I applied a minimum filter in PhotoShop and
was able to tame the obnoxious stars a bit. The original and
reprocessed images are at
http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

I ordinarily do not like to apply such processing steps to an astro
image, but in this case I felt it was justified to correct an obvious
defect introduced by the optics and my acquisition method.

I'd like to hear your views on alterations like these: Are they
justified or is this too much of a processing modification? How do you
handle blooming stars?

Thank you for visiting my site.

Clear skies,

Dennis Persyk