Belgium. Worst light pollution?

Old May 19th 17, 09:53 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Brown[_3_]

Default Belgium. Worst light pollution?

On 14/05/2017 16:51, RichA wrote:

Monty Python said: "Dirty, stinking, Belgian *******s!"

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39900940

When I moved to Belgium in 1998 the expats' guide to the place made the
boast that Belgium streets at night are so bright that it acts a beacon
to passing astronauts. It isn't news at all! Nothing has changed.

Where we lived outside Brussels near a large forest wasn't too bad but
the skies were pretty bright. Seeing the milky way was rare.

BTW "Belgium" is know to be the rudest word in the galaxy (see HHGG).
(last quote on first paragraph)

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Belgium

--
Regards,