Just Checking :)

Old January 6th 06, 08:52 AM posted to sci.space.history

Default Just Checking :)

OM has been uncharacteristically absent for a couple of days. Hopefully the
aliens haven't come to harvest more s.s.h. body parts...

BTW, I visited OMBlog for the first time just now. I'm big on obits, so the
2005 death roll was a must read, and well done. I had no idea Debralee
Scott had died, and so oddly. She was kinda a babe.

Hopefully all is well and he's just celebrating the Rose Bowl,

Dale
Old January 6th 06, 10:14 AM posted to sci.space.history

"OM has been uncharacteristically absent for a couple of days."

Well, it is the holiday season. Perhaps he has become incredibly jolly
and doesn't want to show his face here until it wears off.

Old January 6th 06, 03:39 PM posted to sci.space.history

"Dale" wrote in message
I had no idea Debralee
Scott had died, and so oddly. She was kinda a babe.

Yeah, she dropped off the scene and retired, I suppose. At least she didn't
drop into porn flicks.

On a completely unrelated note, where's Mary?

Old January 6th 06, 06:34 PM posted to sci.space.history

Scott Hedrick wrote:

"Dale" wrote in message
.. .

I had no idea Debralee
Scott had died, and so oddly. She was kinda a babe.

Yeah, she dropped off the scene and retired, I suppose. At least she didn't
drop into porn flicks.

On a completely unrelated note, where's Mary?

The last I heard Little Orphan Mary was working undercover to determine
the extent of Iran's missile development program along with other
members of The Shafer Secret Space Society.
I'd tell you more, but first you have to eat your Ovaltine.
Seriously, a Google groups search showed she has posted to
alt.fan.cecil-adams this morning, where she was discussing the making of
chain mail armor. Or mail armor. They are arguing about that now.

Pat
Old January 6th 06, 09:21 PM posted to sci.space.history

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
I'd tell you more, but first you have to eat your Ovaltine.

I had a brief moment of insanity- I read that at first as *vegemite*...

Old January 6th 06, 10:41 PM posted to sci.space.history

Dale wrote:
OM has been uncharacteristically absent for a couple of days. Hopefully the
aliens haven't come to harvest more s.s.h. body parts...

BTW, I visited OMBlog for the first time just now. I'm big on obits, so the
2005 death roll was a must read, and well done. I had no idea Debralee
Scott had died, and so oddly. She was kinda a babe.

Hopefully all is well and he's just celebrating the Rose Bowl,

Dale

Maybe he got too close to the edge of his killfile.
I hope he has a guardrail around that thing.

;-)

Rusty

Old January 7th 06, 01:26 AM posted to sci.space.history

Scott Hedrick wrote:

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

I'd tell you more, but first you have to eat your Ovaltine.

I had a brief moment of insanity- I read that at first as *vegemite*...

If that wouldn't turn your eyes into featureless white dots, nothing
would. :-)

Pat
Old January 7th 06, 03:20 AM posted to sci.space.history

"Dale" wrote in message
OM has been uncharacteristically absent for a couple of days. Hopefully
the
aliens haven't come to harvest more s.s.h. body parts...

BTW, I visited OMBlog for the first time just now. I'm big on obits, so
the
2005 death roll was a must read, and well done. I had no idea Debralee
Scott had died, and so oddly. She was kinda a babe.

Hopefully all is well and he's just celebrating the Rose Bowl,

He probably is feeling ashamed of himself for attacking me like he did.
I ask a legitimate question about the new NASA space vehicle and he replies
with some childish response. Then I post another question but misspell a
word in the subject line. I post a reply to myself fixing the word in the
subject line but add nothing in the body. He says "a better question would
be "why are you wasting bandwidth." Then on another question I ask he
changes the subject to something about pennies. I tell him he is the one
wasting bandwidth. Then he has the nerve to threaten me with his kill file.
Well, I tell him he's the one posting the stupid things. My questions are
on topic. Then apparently he kill files me. Plus some childish Spanish
person apparently kill files me.

No problem tho - I kill filed them right then. I learned the enjoyment
of kill files long ago. Best way to get rid of the typical poster in a news
group who thinks it's his job to be a the "intelligent jerk."

Anyway, I just ordered This New Ocean and look forward to discussing
some of the thing I read in this book with the well informed people here on
sci.space.history.

Old January 7th 06, 05:18 AM posted to sci.space.history

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 03:20:07 GMT, "Von Fourche" wrote:

He probably is feeling ashamed of himself for attacking me like he did.

That's gotta be it....

Anyway, I just ordered This New Ocean and look forward to discussing
some of the things I read in this book with the well informed people here on
sci.space.history.

Well, that lets me out, but enjoy the book, and the discussion.

Dale
Old January 7th 06, 05:21 AM posted to sci.space.history

Von Fourche wrote:

He probably is feeling ashamed of himself for attacking me like he did.

On a scale of 1-10 the probability of that would be about .001

Pat