...Will the next 50 Years of the Space-age be Better?

Old October 2nd 07, 12:08 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jonathan

Default ...Will the next 50 Years of the Space-age be Better?

"Jim Oberg" wrote in message

How about this AP story that reported that Apollo landed on the moon 22
years after sputnik?

Ya know, people seem drawn to correcting these kind of historical
mistakes. It's our nature to want them remembered properly.
But what about spending the same amount of effort correcting
....future... mistakes of the space program?

After 50 years of the space age we have plenty of
mistakes and successes with which to compare
to current policy.

And these past mistakes and successes are so obvious
most layman can see them, and often easier than those
too closely associated with the subject.

Why did Kennedy succeed so completely?
While the shuttle has fallen somewhat short
and the ISS is quickly bringing new meaning
to the term 'space-junk'.

Is there a common thread among the three?

The goal set by Kennedy was clearly defined and
narrowly drawn.
The shuttle attempted to be everything for everybody.
And no one even tries to justify the ISS anymore.
Doesn't anyone see a trend here???

I mean...chrissakes. The goal is the thing.

Success is directly proportional to the clarity
of purpose and benefit to society. So now we have
this goal of going to the moon, that has virtually ...no...
clarity of purpose or benefit to society.

I'm sorry, but philosophical meanderings about discovery
and survival of humanity, and h3 and all those 'promises'
just don't cut it. 'Show me the money!'

In the past such empty 'promises' were enough for big
corporate America to secure unlimited govt funding
for things designed to produce nothing in the end
....but itself. A space station and moon base to nowhere.

But now I expect some resemblence of scientific thought
put into our long term space goals. Not just be forced
to accept a goal designed solely as a massive subsidy
to equally massive Lockheed.

I find it incredible sad that so many people seem
willing to accept whatever big business and big govt
decide is best for themselves. While ignoring our
earthly needs, such as global warming and replacing
fossil fuels.

Those are the things the people need solved.

How does our space goal help ...us...and how much
does it help the contractors and lobbyists and
politicians....them?

Right now they are getting everything, while we
get to watch...watch a rape in process.

Can anyone here think of a reason why Pres Bush
and his friends from Texas and Saudi Arabia
would like to kill our Space Solar Power Program
and replace it with a make-work program for
his ..next best friend....Lockheed???

Come on!

The only reason these very large corporations and
very powerful people are getting away with this
is because of the war. No one is really watching
or caring because of the overwhelming issues
of Iraq.

So on the upcoming 50th anniversary of the space-age
lets raise a glass, and celebrate how we sat and idly
watched while the next 50 years were being
****ed-up.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/s...kssecrets.html

Sputnik at 50: first space race won with scrounged rocket, improvised
satellite
By Vladimir Isachenkov
ASSOCIATED PRESS

10:00 a.m. September 30, 2007

MOSCOW - When Sputnik took off 50 years ago, the world gazed at the

heavens
in awe and apprehension, watching what seemed like the unveiling of a
sustained Soviet effort to conquer space and score a stunning Cold War
triumph.

snip

In the end, it was the Americans who won the race to the moon, nearly 22
years later. Khrushchev wasn't interested in getting there, his son says,
and the effort made under his successor, Leonid Brezhnev, was underfunded
and badly hampered by rifts between Korolyov and other designers.

Old October 2nd 07, 01:10 AM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/s...0-sputnikssecr...

Sputnik at 50: first space race won with scrounged rocket, improvised
satellite
By Vladimir Isachenkov
ASSOCIATED PRESS

10:00 a.m. September 30, 2007

MOSCOW - When Sputnik took off 50 years ago, the world gazed at the

heavens
in awe and apprehension, watching what seemed like the unveiling of a
sustained Soviet effort to conquer space and score a stunning Cold War
triumph.

snip

In the end, it was the Americans who won the race to the moon, nearly 22
years later. Khrushchev wasn't interested in getting there, his son says,
and the effort made under his successor, Leonid Brezhnev, was underfunded
and badly hampered by rifts between Korolyov and other designers.- Hide quoted text -

There's always book and witch burnings at the stake that works most
every time, as otherwise there's always a spare cross for sticking
those of us causing waves for their good ship LOLLIPOP. I assume most
folks would much rather believe in whatever's the ongoing mainstream
swarm mindset, than trust their own deductive gut reasoning. (always
much safer and loads of fun to go with the flow, even if it's the up
hill flow of their own crapolla)

You know, I've often stipulated that not all Yids are bad, just that
some of the bad ones are rather extra special bad enough to account
against tens if not hundreds of the good ones, and by way of their own
faith-based mindset is why there's damn little if any policing of
their own kind in sight. However, not all the bad guys helping out
Hitler's global domination agenda (for a small share of the pie) were
actual hard core Zion Jews, although many of their best minions were
certainly being well enough educated by Jews, so that it didn't hardly
matter if you were Jewish smart or just smart because of being
educated by Jews, as either way it was an Old Testament provided win-
win for the old Third Reich gipper, and otherwise pure hell on Earth
for most of everyone else, including a good many of their own kind.

Clearly there are a number of fuzzy family tree issues that rather
nicely connect the rich and powerful DNA of our resident warlord
president(GW Bush) with the sorted past of their having collaborated
along with some of the worse kind of humanity on Earth.

"George W. Bush's grandfather helped finance the Nazi Party. Karl
Rove's grandfather allegedly helped run the Nazi Party, and helped
build the Birkenau Death Camp. Arnold Schwarzenegger's Austrian father
volunteered for the infamous Nazi SA and became a ranking officer."

"Siege Heil: The Bush-Rove-Schwarzenegger Nazi Nexus and the
Destabilization of California" As it turns out, California isn't
quite that far gone, thanks to Schwarzenegger's ability to kick a few
of those spendy girly-men in the the butt.

"The Bush family ties to the Nazi party are well known. In their 1994
Secret War Against the Jews, Mark Aarons and John Loftus use official
US documents to establish that George Herbert Walker, George W. Bush's
maternal great-grandfather, was one of Hitler's most important early
backers. He funneled money to the rising young fascist through the
Union Banking Corporation."
- read more -- http://www.commondreams.org/views03/1006-08.htm

"In Nazi Germany there were Jewish leaders, the Judenrate, who
similarly advised their followers not to resist Adolf Hitler.
Elevating a few members of a targeted group is an effective way to
disarm your victims."

[1] "The Bush family fortune came from the Third Reich." -John Loftus,
former US Justice Dept. Nazi War Crimes investigator and President of
the Florida Holocaust Museum quoted in the Sarasota Herald-Tribune
11/11/2000 http://www.newscoast.com/headlinesstory2.cfm?ID=35115
- read more -- http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...pespective.htm

- read more -- http://www.bushnews.com/jews.htm

- read more -- http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/...312540,00.html

Or don't bother searching for or much less read through anything if
you simply do not what to learn of the whole truth and nothing but the
truth, or much less figure out why so much of today has gotten so
lethal, spendy and otherwise so screwed up. After all, your being
snookered and subsequently dumbfounded past the point of no return
means that you too will not require any of that pesky remorse crap,
plus you'll get to make those very same mistakes over and over until
you get each of those mistakes down pat, like that one of putting your
own kind on a stick for a faith-based PR stunt, which may need a
little polish before the next time roles around.
- Brad Guth -