Reagan Attorney Claims He Saw "Puff" on Unreleased Video

Old July 22nd 05, 07:54 AM
Damon Hill

David Ball wrote in
:

For slide film, I don't know if it develops directly into positives or
if there's another step involved where they basically make a negative
of the negative and stick it into a slide case. I never developed
slides at home when I was playing with developing my own film back in
the 70's.

One of the slide films, Ektachrome?, develops as a positive; it's
a complex process because the dyes are in three layers. WYSIWYG.

--Damon

Old July 22nd 05, 09:31 AM
OM

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:47:04 +1200, Bruce Hoult
wrote:

There apears to be a slight .. uh ... gap in your photographic
knowledge, which renders your whole point ridiculous and invalid.

....Bruce, John Maxson is a senile ****wit troll. Please just killfile
him and put him out of our misery. Thanks.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 23rd 05, 06:43 PM

David Ball wrote:
On 21 Jul 2005 17:53:38 -0700, "
wrote:

As I recall, only negatives were returned to the press, not the film.

snip

When you have your pictures developed at the local photo shop, the
negatives you get back with your pictures are the same physical film
you gave them, but it's been through a chemical process.

That doesn't hold true when you submit a request for a few photos from
the middle of a 100-foot-long reel of positive film. In that case,
negatives must be developed and handled separately. This process is not
inexpensive.

snip

Whether NASA returned the original film as negatives or kept the
original negatives and returned copies or something that had been
produced by manipulating the originals is a separate issue and one
that I know nothing about, not being involved in the aerospace
industry.

It's my understanding that NASA returned copied negatives, not
originals. Whether said copies had been creatively altered from the
originals is to some extent TBD.

Challenger's Ghost