ASTRO Coma Cluster - Abell 1656

Old April 13th 07, 03:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO Coma Cluster - Abell 1656

Some time back Joe posted a shot of the Corona Borealis Cluster
mislabeled as Coma Cluster but with the right Abell number (2065).
That's a month away or one for an all nighter. We did have a 2 hour
hole in clouds last night but transparency was poor, seeing not all that
great. Still I decided to try for the nearer and brighter Coma Cluster.
Not being a masochist I've not tried to identify all the galaxies.
You'd not see them for the labels anyway. Due to clouds closing back in
I never tried color data. Seems these guys have little color anyway so
doubt I'll go back and get any. Nice having the computer running again!

14" LX200R@F/10, 9x10' binned 2x2, STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COMA9X10.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	639

Old April 13th 07, 12:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message
Some time back Joe posted a shot of the Corona Borealis Cluster
mislabeled as Coma Cluster but with the right Abell number (2065).
That's a month away or one for an all nighter. We did have a 2 hour
hole in clouds last night but transparency was poor, seeing not all that
great. Still I decided to try for the nearer and brighter Coma Cluster.
Not being a masochist I've not tried to identify all the galaxies.
You'd not see them for the labels anyway. Due to clouds closing back in
I never tried color data. Seems these guys have little color anyway so
doubt I'll go back and get any. Nice having the computer running again!

14" LX200R@F/10, 9x10' binned 2x2, STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Outstanding, Rick. Lots of fuzzies.

George

Old April 13th 07, 05:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
DvdH

Looks like the hubble deep image! nice details Rick!

Dirk

--
Dirk van den Herik

A journey of thousand lightyears
starts with the first step.

Old April 13th 07, 08:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Nice job Rick. I hope to be back at it soon. Then I can nail all of these
little fuzzy clouds

Joe

----

Old April 14th 07, 06:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
KLM[_13_]

Rick Johnson wrote:

Some time back Joe posted a shot of the Corona Borealis Cluster
mislabeled as Coma Cluster but with the right Abell number (2065).
That's a month away or one for an all nighter. We did have a 2 hour
hole in clouds last night but transparency was poor, seeing not all that
great. Still I decided to try for the nearer and brighter Coma Cluster.
Not being a masochist I've not tried to identify all the galaxies.
You'd not see them for the labels anyway. Due to clouds closing back in
I never tried color data. Seems these guys have little color anyway so
doubt I'll go back and get any. Nice having the computer running again!

14" LX200R@F/10, 9x10' binned 2x2, STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

[Image]

stunning!! beautiful. fantastic work -

Old April 14th 07, 08:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

KLM wrote:

Rick Johnson wrote:

Some time back Joe posted a shot of the Corona Borealis Cluster
mislabeled as Coma Cluster but with the right Abell number (2065).
That's a month away or one for an all nighter. We did have a 2 hour
hole in clouds last night but transparency was poor, seeing not all that
great. Still I decided to try for the nearer and brighter Coma Cluster.
Not being a masochist I've not tried to identify all the galaxies.
You'd not see them for the labels anyway. Due to clouds closing back in
I never tried color data. Seems these guys have little color anyway so
doubt I'll go back and get any. Nice having the computer running again!

14" LX200R@F/10, 9x10' binned 2x2, STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

[Image]

stunning!! beautiful. fantastic work -

Thanks.
I'd have preferred better seeing so I could have unbinned the camera.
Still it came out fairly well. After clouds cleared at 1 a.m. tonight
I'm working on Abell 2065 in Corona Borealis. Seeing is a bit worse but
think the transparency better. Scale pretty small binned 2x2. Going to
be hard to tell galaxies from stars. I'm staying up until I do the
meridian flip then will let it run while I go to bed. Weather forecast
says no snow for the next few days. Not sure when spring will arrive.
I'm not used to a white Easter like we had.

Rick

Old April 15th 07, 03:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote
great. Still I decided to try for the nearer and brighter Coma
Cluster..........

Rick,

Cool shot! A comet hunter's nightmare!

I wonder if that one barred spiral in the upper left corner feels
lonely among all those elliptical and lenticular galaxies??

George N

Old April 15th 07, 03:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

George Normandin wrote:

"Rick Johnson" wrote

great. Still I decided to try for the nearer and brighter Coma
Cluster..........

Rick,

Cool shot! A comet hunter's nightmare!

I wonder if that one barred spiral in the upper left corner feels
lonely among all those elliptical and lenticular galaxies??

George N

Makes you wonder how his red shift compares. May be an outsider looking
in. I'll have to see if I can find out what it is.

Rick