act of kindness for the new year and in honor of Columbia PLS. BUY COLUMBIA PARTS AND COLUMBIA BODY PARTS OFF THE INTERNET

Old January 3rd 05, 07:57 PM
NikaMS1

Default act of kindness for the new year and in honor of Columbia PLS. BUY COLUMBIA PARTS AND COLUMBIA BODY PARTS OFF THE INTERNET

Old January 3rd 05, 08:07 PM

NikaMS1 wrote:
act of kindness for the new year and in honor of Columbia PLS.
BUY COLUMBIA PARTS AND COLUMBIA BODY PARTS OFF THE INTERNET.

Yes, and be sure to look for the union label. Accept no substitutes.
Purchase only genuine Columbia(tm) brand shuttle and body parts.
-Mark Martin

Old January 4th 05, 07:04 AM

Oh My God. I CANNOT believe what I am reading, but it reminds me of an
incident (equally sickening) that occurred is Scott Grissom's Jeep in
April of 2003. In his defense, I think he has become completely jaded
to all of this, but here's the story...We were driving down the freeway
with three of his friend in the back of the Jeep. Of course, this was
three months after Columbia. The three in the back kept making jokes
about the condition of body parts, etc, and while Scott was yucking it
up with his friends, I was becoming increasingly frosty...until one of
the guys in the back seat slapped my seat and said, "Come on, LaDonna,
you KNOW that was funny!" To which I replied, "Oh YEAH! It was
hilarious! As a matter of fact it was SO funny when I get home I'm
going to type it up and email it to all the family members!" You could
have heard a PIN DROP, and I looked over at Scott; his expression told
me all I needed to know because what I was ABOUT to say was, "As a
matter of fact, does anyone know any good Apollo One jokes???"
YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK AND DISGUSTING BEYOND WORDS. Perhaps the Grissom,
White, and Chaffee families have become jaded, but HOW DARE YOU do this
to other family members???? Would you like your closest relative's
death posted amongst JOKES on the Internet?
You're pathetic.

Old January 4th 05, 07:18 AM

[...]

Hey, have you a grasp of the concept of satire? I wasn't endorsing the
idiot. I was making fun of the idiot. What is it with you anyhow?

And for that matter, aside from my own meaning above, contrary to your
view, it is possible for horid disasters to, in the long run, become
legitimately funny, or at least not particulary worthy of the general
publics' unending sorrow. After someone dies there's a period called
grieving, during which you get it off your chest. After that, you deal
with it, move on, make progress. That's your problem, you won't get
past the fact that someone died close to four decades ago. You don't
believe in progress. You don't want progress. You're in your comfort
zone.

-Mark Martin

Old January 4th 05, 07:11 PM
Rusty

The origial post was satire, but not too far from the truth.

There is a website that is selling crashed X-15, XB-70, YB-49, B-1 and
NF-104A
aircraft fragments.

http://www.check-six.com/Specimens/s...-catalogue.htm
I think this is disgusting.

--
Rusty

Old January 5th 05, 04:10 AM
Derek Lyons

"Rusty" wrote:

There is a website that is selling crashed X-15, XB-70, YB-49, B-1 and
NF-104A aircraft fragments.

http://www.check-six.com/Specimens/s...-catalogue.htm
I think this is disgusting.

Why?

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old January 5th 05, 09:44 AM

Ummmmm, satire???? You think it is SATIRE to make fun of the condition
of someone's loved ones after death? Let me see if I can make this
absolutely clear so that even someone as obtuse as you can understand:
Shall we talk about your grandmother, great grandmother, grandfather,
etc????? Maybe we should make "jokes" about the condition of his or
her corpse after all these years of being buried? WHAT IN GOD'S NAME
WOULD EVER MAKE THAT FUNNY TO YOU? Or are you so completely heartless
that you would ACTUALLY think such "jokes" about your family are
funny?????
I repeat...you people are sick and demented. There is not ONE THING
funny about this post..."satire" or not! If you think there is, you
are WARPED.

Old January 5th 05, 12:57 PM

Ummmmm, satire???? You think it is SATIRE to make fun of the

condition
of someone's loved ones after death? Let me see if I can make this
absolutely clear so that even someone as obtuse as you can

understand:
Shall we talk about your grandmother, great grandmother, grandfather,
etc????? Maybe we should make "jokes" about the condition of his or
her corpse after all these years of being buried? WHAT IN GOD'S NAME
WOULD EVER MAKE THAT FUNNY TO YOU? Or are you so completely

heartless
that you would ACTUALLY think such "jokes" about your family are
funny?????
I repeat...you people are sick and demented. There is not ONE THING
funny about this post..."satire" or not! If you think there is, you
are WARPED.

Certainly. I welcome you, I encourage you, to poke fun at my dead
relatives. Even the very closest ones. You see, I doesn't matter to me
what you SAY about them. I mean, what if you said about my dad, "He was
a son of s bitch!" Well, for all I know, maybe you really do think
think he was a son of a bitch. The country in which I live is free. You
get to say things like that. And if you believe it's true, you ought to
be able to say so without fear of retribution. Have you ever read the
core laws of the U.S.? It's all about how I cannot own other peoples'
points of view. And you cannot own mine.

So if you say something unflattering about me or my loved ones, it
doesn't matter. All that matters to me is that I know what I think of
myself and of them. I don't expect YOU to love them. You don't have to.
That's not just your priveledge, it's your birthright. Don't throw it
away.

-Mark Martin