Apollo: One gas environment?

Old May 12th 04, 07:51 PM
OM

On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:55:01 GMT, Brett Buck
wrote:

God damn you to hell, you pathetic little pile of ****!

*plonk*

....Did that last night. Nicky's just another one of those Frog-Symps
who'd just love to bend over and take one for Al-Sadr just to prove
his "superiority" over us poor decadent, ignorant American tyrants.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 12th 04, 07:55 PM
OM

On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:56:03 -0500, Herb Schaltegger
wrote:

If you enroll in an accredited American law school by this fall, we can
resume this discussion intelligently sometime around May of 2007.

....You're assuming he'll manage to graduate, much less pass the intro
courses, Herb. You're giving him far too much credit for being that
intelligent.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 12th 04, 07:57 PM
OM

On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:47:11 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

Of course, if you asked them about the Federalist Papers, they'll say "the
what?"

"Federalist? Hey, we're not talking about 'Star Trek', kid, we're
talking politics!"

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 12th 04, 08:17 PM
Nicholas Fitzpatrick

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

I over-estimated you ... sue me.

Sadly, I seem to have pegged you perfectly.

I highly doubt it ...

Irregardless of what laws have been passed to justify wide-scale

You want to accept "defence" as proper English - fine, I suppose. I
refuse to accept "irregardless" as a word - it has a double-negative
built in; bah.

You may well have a valid point! I confess I have never really
researched "irregardless" before ... but at first glance it doesn't
appear to be a word.

discrimination; the acid-test would be if there is a long-term
record of wide-scale discrimination aginst left-handed, blue-eyed
Swiss-American male, middle-aged watch lovers.

You dodged my question: I asked which of the above factors matter and
WHY?

Well, all of them, potentially .... except perhaps the watch lover bit.

If there is such discrimination against this group, then they should, for
such purposes, be classified as a minority.

That's exactly how it should work. Of course, it's a non-issue until
discrimination raises it's head ... so there would be no way to account
for it ...

But if I had to down-size, and decided to fire all the right-handed
people (perhaps I did it so there were more lefties for the company
ball team ...), then I would be sued for discrimination. Same if
I fired all the Swiss, blue-eyed, ... and I've certainly heard of
age discrimination suits ...

Nick
Old May 12th 04, 08:20 PM
G EddieA95

The US has already reported at
least one prisoner was killed. And other reports put it at higher than that.

And the pictures I've seen implied there was sexual assault as well.

That is the problem (one of) with this country, that we equate sexuality with
life itself.
Old May 12th 04, 08:22 PM
G EddieA95

Warfighting
is the main business of government, everywhere,

Quoting Jose Jimenez (or was it Alan Shepard?)

Oh, I hope not!

No, not quoting him. Just an observation, my MX$2 worth, you might say.
Old May 12th 04, 08:52 PM
John Beaderstadt

While reading in the bathroom on Wed, 12 May 2004 16:42:01 GMT, I saw
that (Henry Spencer) had written:

If the draft is revived -- which I understand has been mentioned, although
I'm not sure how seriously -- it will be interesting to see whether draft
boards are forbidden to consider creed when evaluating claims for
conscientious-objector status. They weren't last time.

You're taking it out of context, Henry. If someone chooses to apply
for a special program (draft deferment, college admission, affirmative
action, etc) based on their race, creed, etc, then they are free to do
so. And the rule of thumb, at least as US law applies (and assuming a
non-competetive situation), is that any applicant who qualifies under
a program's criteria is granted the benefit which he seeks.

The scenario you postulate would require that a selective service law
be written in such a way that a conscientious objector category be
omitted. In which case, it would not be a matter of the draft boards
being forbidden to consider a person's beliefs, but more accurately it
would be because the law did not contain a provision for them to be
considered.

IOW, it's the difference between being forbidden to enter a room, and
not having a key for the door.

Old May 12th 04, 09:14 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Ami Silberman" wrote in message
Back in the mid-90s, about 80%+ of MTV was videos.

1983: I was asked what my favorite music video was. I said, "what's a music
video?".

Poor girl was a mere three years younger than I, and her world was
completely rocked to discover there was someone who didn't watch MTV.

Old May 12th 04, 09:15 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Nicholas Fitzpatrick" wrote in message
Oh, and you have me again. Scott, I may have to surrender ...

My goodness, I didn't realize you were French :P

Old May 12th 04, 09:19 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Nicholas Fitzpatrick" wrote in message
If you did this, they would have a
full scale uprising on their hands.

That's what fuel-air bombs are for.

You have no idea how this whole thing is playing in the Middle East.

We have a lot of fuel-air bombs. If we run out of those, we have worse.

And perhaps if you spent some time learing a bit more about
the society and culture, you would understand why this kind of approach
is a disaster.

Make enough martyrs, the problem goes away.

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM