Apollo: One gas environment?

Old May 5th 04, 05:04 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Neil Gerace" wrote in message
. au...
Twice 0.5C is twice 273.65K or 547.3K or 274.15C or 525.47F

But that doesn't answer my question about how to measure temperature with a
scale that goes from 100 for freezing to 0 for boiling.

Old May 5th 04, 06:08 PM
Derek Lyons

"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" wrote:
"jeff findley" wrote in message
.. .

Just don't do this in the UK. News reports say that the police are
cracking down on people using cooking oil as a replacement for diesel
fuel, because they're avoiding paying the taxes on diesel.

Umm, please tell me this is a joke or something.

Given the past behavior of the Brits, I'd have to guess it's not a
joke. Remember, these are people who arrested and fined folks for
having unlicensed TV's. (No Joke. It's been repealed I believe, but
you used to have buy an annual license to own a TV. They didn't learn
from the Stamp Act.)

Let's see if I get this straight... they're NOT using diesel... and then
getting in trouble for NOT paying taxes on something they aren't using?
Wow.

Keep this in mind the next time someone points out the 'superiority'
of the Europeans.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
Old May 5th 04, 06:59 PM
Wpai

The tax on the fuel is used to build the roads, if you use an other fuel
with no tax then your not paying for the road you drive on. And the more you
drive, the more you pay. The more fuel you use (and spill the environment
with gasses and noise) the more you pay.
That is the system behind this policy. You don't pay to own a car, but for
the way you use it.

Old May 5th 04, 07:16 PM
Pat Flannery

Scott Hedrick wrote:

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

The downside is
that you end up with a lot of used oil at the end of the frying cycle.

It's been 19 years since I worked at the buffet, and the scars from
filtering 15 gallons of hot oil a night have finally faded.

The other downside is the more oil, the bigger the potential oil fire.
And we've lost some homes in our town from those cooking oil fires over
the years.

Pat

Old May 5th 04, 07:27 PM
Pat Flannery

dave schneider wrote:

and how many different types of planes, not counting spokeshaves, are
there?

Thousands! First there was the Wright "Flyer"; then there's the Curtiss
"Junebug", and the.... :-)

Way Too Easy
Pat

Old May 5th 04, 07:30 PM
Gordon Tisher

"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" writes:
"Mary Shafer" wrote in message
The Babylonians or someone, as I recall.

Yeah, I knew that, I was being rhetorical. :-)

Seriously though, I do find it interesting that the world as far
as I know has standardized on the 7 day week (even if different
cultures disagree on when it starts, what a day is, etc.)

IIRC the Mayans used a 5-day week.

--
Gordon Tisher

Sir, how could he be in two places at once
unless he were a bird? - Sir Boyle Roche
Old May 5th 04, 08:55 PM
Anthony Frost

In message
jeff findley wrote:

"Neil Gerace" writes:
"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
What you of course do is reuse the oil over and over;

Strain it out and stick it in a diesel engine.

Just don't do this in the UK. News reports say that the police are
cracking down on people using cooking oil as a replacement for diesel
fuel, because they're avoiding paying the taxes on diesel.

Customs & Excise rather than the police, it's a duty being evaded not a
tax.

Anthony

--
| Weather prediction will never be accurate until we |
| kill all the butterflies |
Old May 5th 04, 09:17 PM
Peter Stickney

"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" wrote in message ...
"Peter Stickney" wrote in message

Always figured it as 8.3, myself. Of course, I wasn't cooking, but
doing Percolation Tests in remote sites where you hiked in with the
water. (At that point, every 0.3 counts._)

Bah, at that point you separate your own water at home... remove that pesky
heavy water!

He says immoderately.

Unfortunately, volume was important. You couldn't skimp on the water,
because if you didn't put enough water into the hole to reach the
depth required, you got to hike back to it the next day. With twice as
much water.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM