The space between universes

Old October 14th 05, 03:02 PM
codesapien

Default The space between universes

What is the space between universes called? Please provide evidence for
your claim.

Thanks,
Bruce

Old October 14th 05, 03:44 PM
Greg Neill

"codesapien" wrote in message
ups.com...
What is the space between universes called? Please provide evidence for
your claim.

Please first provide evidence for there being more than
one universe.

Old October 14th 05, 03:57 PM
George Dishman

"codesapien" wrote in message
ups.com...
What is the space between universes called?

Different theories will give you different answers,
for example what do we call the gaps between branes
in M-theory.

Please provide evidence for your claim.

My answer is "False vacuum", see page 11 of:

http://www.arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0301199

George

Old October 14th 05, 07:14 PM
codesapien

Thanks for your reply George. I will read that document after I get
some time.

Right now, I guess the space between universes is called a "False
vacuum".

Does anybone else have any other names or ideas?

Bruce

Old October 14th 05, 07:24 PM
߃-- ¹¹

For the purposes of simplicity, space is considered that which separates
physical bodies / measurements from stellar galaxies in the far reaches
of the Universe to components within the atoms;

If it is Space that is expanding, as claimed in recent theory, where is
it expanding to? It is difficult to understand why we have never
detected the increasing distance between the Earth and the Moon or the
Sun, although the Moon recedes from the earth due to rotation of the
earth, as recent measurements have shown.

No attempt was made to explain why the space which exists between the
individual atoms, and between component parts of those atoms, should not
expand also.

If it did, all our material surroundings would change, including the
human container, we exist in.

Space doesn't expand, and has no attributes, by dfinition, and therefore
can't be curved, except in mathematical fantasy.

=DF=83--=B9=B9

Old October 14th 05, 11:33 PM
George Dishman

"codesapien" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for your reply George. I will read that document after I get
some time.

If you take a few seconds to look at the picture on
the page I indicated and the accompanying paragraph,
you'll get a good idea of what he is suggesting. The
rest of the document may be of lesser interest.

Right now, I guess the space between universes is called a "False
vacuum".

In Alan Guth's speculation, yes. Other theories will
have other names if they admit such a concept.

George

Old October 14th 05, 11:41 PM
codesapien

Please first provide evidence for there being more than
one universe. "

As of right now, I don't have evidence of there being multiple
universes. The concept is new and intriguing to me, and I'm exploring
the facts, physics, and mathematics behind this theory. If you want
evidence, perhaps you should start a new topic.

Bruce

Old October 15th 05, 12:12 AM
Luigi Caselli

"ßf-- ¹¹" ha scritto nel messaggio
For the purposes of simplicity, space is considered that which separates
physical bodies / measurements from stellar galaxies in the far reaches
of the Universe to components within the atoms;

If it is Space that is expanding, as claimed in recent theory, where is
it expanding to? It is difficult to understand why we have never
detected the increasing distance between the Earth and the Moon or the
Sun, although the Moon recedes from the earth due to rotation of the
earth, as recent measurements have shown.

No attempt was made to explain why the space which exists between the
individual atoms, and between component parts of those atoms, should not
expand also.

If it did, all our material surroundings would change, including the
human container, we exist in.

Maybe this is the answer: http://www.arxiv.org/pdf/gr-qc/0508052
You can read in this paper that cosmological expansion at large scale could
not affect at all atoms and luckily our bodies...

Space doesn't expand, and has no attributes, by dfinition, and therefore
can't be curved, except in mathematical fantasy.

So Einstein was wrong?

Luigi Caselli

Old October 15th 05, 01:01 AM
Asimov

"codesapien" bravely wrote to "All" (14 Oct 05 07:02:05)
--- on the heady topic of "The space between universes"

co From: "codesapien"
co Xref: core-easynews sci.astro:449097

co What is the space between universes called? Please provide evidence
co for your claim.

co Thanks,
co Bruce

I think it is called "inter-statial space".

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Earthlings, send more probes! The last one was delicious.

Old October 15th 05, 06:40 AM
Bob

"Uni-aether". Well, back about 200 years ago they thought light needed
"aether" to propagate thru. Anyway, I can say the stuff between
universes is a superset of eather. What the hell, until we can come up
with a way to falsify it by observation... But until then it isn't
really science, but more like mental masturbation....