Capturing solar detail... a rainy day re-work

Old May 3rd 04, 04:56 AM
Paul Hyndman

Default Capturing solar detail... a rainy day re-work

Hi All,

With rain and mist the order of the day, mucking around in the garden after
work was not in the cards, soooo... I revisited the RAW images from my April
29th session to pump a tad more juice into the quickie processing job I had
done earlier.

Disk detail was washed out and lacking on my earlier image, so I applied a
few different twists to the processing. It needs to be brightened a tad and
I have not yet redone the prom portion, but eventually will put a little
more punch into them too (unless I get distracted with a fresh set of
images... attention deficit?!? Me!?! )

I re-used the same filename, so you may have to hit the "refresh" on your
browser to reload the newer image (if the detached prom is in the NNE, you
have the newest version... the older version was not
oriented with N on top) 50% image size reduction (I *love* working with this
big array!):

http://www.astro-nut.com/sun-ha-04apr29.html

Image and equipment info is on that page.

Cheers,

Paul

PS: Venus transit here we come!

---http://www.astro-nut.com ---

Old May 4th 04, 05:12 PM
Tom Wales

Paul,
that is the most beautiful photo of the sun I have ever seen, almost
eerie looking! You noted that you need to brighten it a bit? Heck I almost
got a sunburn looking at it on my monitor! Great job!

Tom

Old May 4th 04, 09:20 PM
Paul Lawler

"Paul Hyndman" wrote in message
. ..
Hi All,

With rain and mist the order of the day, mucking around in the garden

after
work was not in the cards, soooo... I revisited the RAW images from my

April
29th session to pump a tad more juice into the quickie processing job I

had
done earlier.

Just gorgeous. This reminds me of the most spectacular view of the sun I
have ever had through a double stacked Coronado SolarMax 90 at Stellafane
last summer.