by the balls

Old August 16th 07, 04:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
MiKe2

Default by the balls

Whoever is doing this has SAA by the balls. These seem to be multiple spam
posts organized through many computers by one or a few people. The remailer
MADMAN somehow has done it....where's Batman when we need him??

Old August 16th 07, 11:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

MiKe2 wrote:
Whoever is doing this has SAA by the balls. These seem to be multiple spam
posts organized through many computers by one or a few people. The remailer
MADMAN somehow has done it....where's Batman when we need him??

Somewhere in your Usenet client. People have noted several ways to
defeat this; I'm filtering posts with more than 20 lines of text, and
I'm seeing none of the junk. I doubt that I am missing much legitimate
material.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old August 17th 07, 01:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Craig

actually you will, for example this message which includes your message
below will be filtered by you. but the 2nd one I send without your
quoted message will pass.
--
Remove My_Skin to E-mail me.

Old August 17th 07, 01:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Craig

Actually you will. I sent two replies to this message one with the
original message quoted below and this one without the original message
quoted. One is 22 lines and will get filtered out and this one will
pass. Let me know which one you see.
--
Remove My_Skin to E-mail me.
Old August 17th 07, 01:22 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jan Owen

"Sam Wormley" wrote in message
Davoud wrote:
MiKe2 wrote:
Whoever is doing this has SAA by the balls. These seem to be multiple
spam posts organized through many computers by one or a few people. The
remailer MADMAN somehow has done it....where's Batman when we need him??

Actually it is merely an inconvenience--easy enough to deal with.
Just get on with the normal postings.

I beg your pardon???

I understand what comes from Davoud; that's why he's been in my KILLFILE for
years...

But from YOU???

{;^)

--
Jan Owen

To reach me directly, remove the Z, if one appears in my e-mail address...
Latitude: 33.6
Longitude: -112.3
http://community.webshots.com/user/janowen21

Old August 17th 07, 03:25 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Davoud:
I'm filtering posts with more than 20 lines of text, and
I'm seeing none of the junk. I doubt that I am missing much legitimate
material.

Craig:
Actually you will. I sent two replies to this message one with the
original message quoted below and this one without the original message
quoted. One is 22 lines and will get filtered out and this one will
pass. Let me know which one you see.

I presume you mean I will miss legitimate posts that are long because
they quote the original. You are correct. OK, folks, stop quoting more
than a line or two of the original. Or, it's back to the drawing board.
I'm not out of ideas yet...

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old August 17th 07, 04:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
William R. Mattil

Jan Owen wrote:

I understand what comes from Davoud; that's why he's been in my KILLFILE for
years...

Wise beyond your years young man g

Best Regards

Bill
Old August 17th 07, 05:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
klm

yaaaawn

God and Gravity Balls Painius Misc 52 December 14th 06 06:38 AM
bucky balls Lynndel K. Humphreys Space Shuttle 0 May 8th 06 05:46 PM
Aliens ate my balls Gactimus SETI 0 December 31st 04 07:17 PM
Bucky Balls Twittering One Misc 0 November 23rd 04 02:30 AM
balls Spudge UK Astronomy 10 February 13th 04 12:19 AM