The Cool Toursit SpaceSuit ( Cool, We have our first Tourist going for a Walk.)

Old February 26th 07, 02:18 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
Craig Fink

Default The Cool Toursit SpaceSuit ( Cool, We have our first Tourist going for a Walk.)

If he's willing to go for a walk in a Vacuum Chamber, I would Think he would
be willing to step outside in is bright and shiny new SpaceSuit. Why not
just test it in a Vacuum while on Vacation. Sounds like fun to m...

I should think, that a Billionaire should be able to afford his own
Ascent/Entry/SpaceWalkSuit? I can only guess that he doesn't what to be the
first...

I would think the proper SpaceTourist would have his own SpaceSuit for
ascent, entry and SpaceWalk...

In a Capitalist World, this is an opportunity misse...
--
post & posted
Craig Fink

Craig Fink wrote:

...sweet...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17298809/
...a must-have item for his planned April 7 launch toward the
international space station...

Next, buy your own customized suit, with optional thrusters to take a
small cruise while on your vacation.

Yeah, ascent/entry suit, I realized that's what the article was about right
after I hit the send button. Should have followed the link. :-\ I guess
it's marketing to call it a space suit.

It does say he is about to test it in a vacuum chamber. Is that standard
operating procedure?

I would have thought just pressurizing it (reduced o2 of course) above
atmospheric the proper amount would have given the wearer an I idea of what
is is like with the ballooning stiff suit and test its integrity. Plus, it
would be safer and less expensive.

Jim Oberg wrote:

No spacewalk, it's the standard in-cabin pressure suit.
...sweet...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17298809/
...a must-have item for his planned April 7 launch toward the
international
space station...

Next, buy your own customized suit, with optional thrusters to take a
small
cruise while on your vacation.

Cool, We have our first Tourist going for a Walk. Craig Fink Space Station 5 February 26th 07 11:53 PM
Cool, We have our first Tourist going for a Walk. Craig Fink History 1 February 26th 07 02:18 AM
Cool! Sally Misc 3 November 27th 03 01:21 PM
Cool! Sally UK Astronomy 2 November 27th 03 12:56 PM
this is cool Neena Coakley Misc 3 November 22nd 03 09:16 PM