What if(on Airbus)

Old June 30th 09, 08:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default What if(on Airbus)

What it airbus has a fuselage that can't take air pockets. falling in a
vacuum,and fall stopped by very dense up air causes it to break. Its
always the sudden stop that's the killer Trebert

Old June 30th 09, 08:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hagar[_1_]

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
What it airbus has a fuselage that can't take air pockets. falling in a
vacuum,and fall stopped by very dense up air causes it to break. Its
always the sudden stop that's the killer Trebert

Or smarter pilots, who would just fly around a thunderstorm ... just a
thought.

Old June 30th 09, 11:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Hagar In my last flight the plane took a drop. It was before the pilot
ask for us to put on our seat belts. No one was hurt. still some drops
are bigger than others(Uncertainty principle) best to keep in mind both
planes were Air-busses and I think other planes such as a 747 or 737
might be more storm proof. just a theory TreBert

Old July 1st 09, 06:14 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Six of Nine or Half-dozen of the Oher

Thunderstorms are well within the safety margins of aircraft. However
thunderstorms are sometimes catalyzed by hull discharges; aircraft
cannot survive these collisions.

Old July 1st 09, 06:48 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jun 30, 12:42*pm, "Hagar" wrote:

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message

What it airbus has a fuselage that can't take air pockets. falling in a
vacuum,and fall stopped by very dense up air causes it to break. *Its
always the sudden stop that's the killer * Trebert

Or smarter pilots, who would just fly around a thunderstorm ... just a
thought.

Baseball sized hail is a serious plane killer. The other commercial
flights just before and after AF447 had no such indications or need of
having to avoid such bad weather or much less hail.

~ BG
Old July 1st 09, 02:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hagar[_1_]

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Hagar In my last flight the plane took a drop. It was before the pilot
ask for us to put on our seat belts. No one was hurt. still some drops
are bigger than others(Uncertainty principle) best to keep in mind both
planes were Air-busses and I think other planes such as a 747 or 737
might be more storm proof. just a theory TreBert

I flew a Cessna 172 for a while and my Instructor's advice was to fly around
any kind of weather system whenever possible. You wouldn't drive down the
old Route 66 at 70 mph, knowing it is full of pot holes, or speed in a
parking lot full of undulations (speed bumps to Democrats), would you now.

Old July 1st 09, 06:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

BG Large hail can cause ingine flame out. It happened in Georgia about
30 years ago,and piolet tried to land in a city street. Many killed If
this happened over water all would die trebert

Old July 1st 09, 07:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jul 1, 10:11*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
BG *Large hail can cause ingine flame out. It happened in Georgia about
30 years ago,and piolet tried to land in a city street. Many killed If
this happened over water all would die *trebert

At 35,000' there shouldn't be baseball sized hail. Other pilots
before and just after AF447 made no mention of their having to
maneuver around extreme weather cells or trying to avoid hail.

Perhaps these mostly composite and otherwise frail aircraft are going
to have to play it safe by cruising at 45,000'. All they need is
different wings and better engines.

In 2012 will be a new and bigger gauntlet of halo CMEs to contend
with, in which case all such composite, fly-by-wire and CPU dependent
commercial flights will be at risk of falling out of the sky, even if
their flight crew, engines and airframe are 100%.

~ BG
Old July 1st 09, 10:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default What if(on Airbus) + What if??

What if that girl that was thrown out of that airbus when it crashed
into the water is showing how such crashes can be made to save lives. My
idea is on impact the top part of the plane is blasted upward taking the
passengers tied to their floatation seats up up and away to gently fall
into the ocean. It is simple engineering Simpler than even a jet planes
explosive ejection seat. Fuselages roof could be made to float and have
the black box with it. sending out distress signals. I predicted they
would never recover the black box of the French air-buss. It was down 2
miles. Time now is killing its signal. That 14 year old girl was
lucky. My idea is to use the physics of her luck to create safer
crashes. Cars did not always have air-bags TreBert

Old July 1st 09, 11:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Jul 1, 2:30*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
What if that girl that was thrown out of that airbus when it crashed
into the water is showing how such crashes can be made to save lives. My
idea is on impact the top part of the plane is blasted upward taking the
passengers tied to their floatation seats up up and away to gently fall
into the ocean. It is simple engineering *Simpler than even a jet planes
explosive ejection seat. Fuselages roof could be made to float and have
the black box with it. sending out distress signals. *I predicted they
would never recover the black box of the French air-buss. It was down 2
miles. Time now is killing its signal. * That 14 year old girl was
lucky. My idea is to use the physics of her luck to create safer
crashes. Cars did not always have air-bags * TreBert

Those seats as floatation devices is a joke! The oxygen masks give
insuffucient oxygen to keep you from blacking out. The airlines are
worse than the Titanic with it's insufficient number life boats!
Certainly a better emergency system is needed that will give grannies
as well as Olympic swimmers a chance for survival in the water.

Double-A