The theory of gravity

Old July 26th 17, 06:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default The theory of gravity

On Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 12:37:16 AM UTC, palsing wrote:
On Saturday, November 29, 2014 1:39:31 PM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:

http://www.popastro.com/images/plane...ary%202012.jpg

People must be truly desperate despite the fact that contemporary imaging makes proof of orbital motion such a spectacular sight to behold.

Gerald, if you really think this is an image, you are dumber than a box of hammers. Just where was this photographer standing in order to get such a shot of Venus BELOW the Sun in his field of view? This is a composite of many images and is not at all accurate, it only shows the phases of Venus WRT the Sun. The retrograde motion that you are so proud of is the motion of Venus WRT the fixed stars, which cannot be seen most of the time in the case of Venus and Mercury because the Sun is in the way!

Considering the upcoming eclipse will show Mercury to be the left side of the Sun and Venus to the right, you reply is probably the second dumbest I encountered yet in a few weeks more than one person will realize that the eclipse suspends the limitations on observers as we see the inner planets in the same photo frame as the central Sun whereas all other times, apart from planetary transits, observers are restricted to evening appearances (left of the Sun) and dawn appearances (right of the Sun).

http://www.zam.fme.vutbr.cz/~druck/e...Tse1997uw2.png

At least you proved useful over the years until you faded into the slogan chanting background of the mindless empirical mob.
Old July 26th 17, 07:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Wednesday, 26 July 2017 07:57:27 UTC+2, 1461 wrote:

At least you proved useful over the years until you faded into the slogan chanting background of the mindless empirical mob.

So said "Sunshine" the lead singer of "Screaming Heads" hoarsely between repetitive gigs in small, forgotten bars and has-been nightclubs.

How is the anger management therapy going, Sunshine?
Old July 26th 17, 07:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 12:37:16 AM UTC, palsing wrote:

Gerald, if you really think this is an image, you are dumber than a box of hammers.

It isn't a photograph, but drawings are also referred
to as images.

John Savard
Old July 26th 17, 07:28 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

On Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 12:37:16 AM UTC, palsing wrote:
On Saturday, November 29, 2014 1:39:31 PM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:

http://www.popastro.com/images/plane...ary%202012.jpg

People must be truly desperate despite the fact that contemporary imaging makes proof of orbital motion such a spectacular sight to behold.

Gerald, if you really think this is an image, you are dumber than a box of hammers. Just where was this photographer standing in order to get such a shot of Venus BELOW the Sun in his field of view?

Break the header into its component parts -

http://www.popastro.com - images/planetary/observations/Venus - July 20/2010-January20/2012.jpg

To be fair to you, you have a type of innocence unlike the science fiction nuisance and the screaming head until you joined the relativity forum where you adopted slogan chanting.Pity that.

Old July 26th 17, 10:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 9:42:01 PM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

I am certain if they did a case study on the dumbest reply on the Usenet
that your reply (to yourself) would certainly take pride of place...

Oh, I think that if they did a case study of the dumbest replies on
sci.astro.amateur, I could predict with virtually 100% certainty whose
name would appear at the top of the list... it would be a guy who is
totally incapable of learning simple astronomical facts, and yet is very
confident that the bull**** that gushes from his steaming gob is straight
from god hisself...

I think Brad Guth would be fractionally higher.

Old July 26th 17, 11:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 11:02:58 AM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

I think Brad Guth would be fractionally higher.

All I do is keep on topic and pump out insight after insight while you and the others are left behind with nothing to cheer on and have nothing better to do than attach yourselves to my posts.

The upcoming eclipse puts the inner planets in the same frame as the central Sun along with the stars either side of the Sun for that particular date whereas all other days it is restricted to dawn and twilight appearances.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap090718.html

I always keep the company of genuine astronomers through their writings and even if they didn't get the reasoning for inner planetary retrogrades that has been achieved in this forum -

"Now what is said here of Jupiter is to be understood of Saturn and Mars also. In Saturn these retrogressions are somewhat more frequent than in Jupiter, because its motion is slower than Jupiter's, so that the Earth overtakes it in a shorter time. In Mars they are rarer, its motion being faster than that of Jupiter, so that the Earth spends more time in catching up with it. Next, as to Venus and Mercury, whose circles are included within that of the Earth, stoppings and retrograde motions appear in them also, due not to any motion that really exists in them, but to the annual motion of the Earth. This is acutely demonstrated by Copernicus . . ." Galileo

Old July 26th 17, 04:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Gerald, you definitely do *not* "pump out insight after insight...", you are simply delusional...
Old July 26th 17, 04:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy[_2_]

Dude, maybe you should ask Mommy to use some baby powder when she
changes your diaper. Your ass will hurt less that way.

Gerald Kelleher wrote in
:

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 4:56:03 PM UTC+1, Gutless Umbrella
Carrying Sissy wrote:
Reduced to talking to yourself, now. Not surprising.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

I am certain if they did a case study on the dumbest reply on
the Usenet that your reply (to yourself) would certainly take
pride of place and I did get a good chuckle from it and there is
no need to explain further. You are just another one in a long
line of headache inducing noiseboxes that show up every now and
again so enjoy your handiwork of shooting yourself in the foot.
Best thing you can do is return to the science fiction/fantasy
forum and take the other nuisance with you.

Old July 26th 17, 04:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy[_2_]

palsing wrote in
:

wrote:

I am certain if they did a case study on the dumbest reply on
the Usenet

that your reply (to yourself) would certainly take pride of
place...

Oh, I think that if they did a case study of the dumbest replies
on sci.astro.amateur, I could predict with virtually 100%
certainty whose name would appear at the top of the list... it
would be a guy who is totally incapable of learning simple
astronomical facts, and yet is very confident that the bull****
that gushes from his steaming gob is straight from god
hisself...

He does it on purpose, you know. The word is "troll," and the sole
purpose is to provoke responses. My theory is that he's in an
instittuion somewhere, but is so annoying even the bored orderlies
won't deal with him, and this is the only human contact he gets. He's
just *desperately* lonely.

Old July 26th 17, 04:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy[_2_]

It's congential, isn't it? I mean, you were born this way, and
can't help yourself.

Gerald Kelleher wrote in
:

On Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 12:37:16 AM UTC, palsing wrote:
On Saturday, November 29, 2014 1:39:31 PM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:

http://www.popastro.com/images/plane...tions/Venus-Ju
ly%202010

-January%202012.jpg

http://www.zam.fme.vutbr.cz/~druck/e.../Tse1997uw2/Hr