For proving Earth was not flat, people -- hanged

Old January 8th 07, 02:40 PM posted to sci.astro
[email protected][_1_]

Default For proving Earth was not flat, people -- hanged

--+--

For the disrespect of the community.

Like in the US military, those raising general concerns about the
president and the Iraq war are jailed, but those raising Republican
concerns are not jailed. Saying Earth is flat did not get anybody in
trouble. 1st Lt. Ehren Watada was jailed 6-8 years for speaking of the
President and the Iraq war.

80-90 percent of the Arab world now thinks negatively of Americans,
while in the past they thought positivelt of Americans. The USA has
become the world's most hated country. Surely something is going on,
but 1st Lt. Ehren Watada was taken into custody for speaking. Then
asked if he was going to Iraq, he said no. He was declared a deserted
and faces jail.

--+--

It is this place, our planet, where manners are everything.

It is this place, our planet, where some things NEVER CHANGE.

New direction for America is here.

Old January 8th 07, 02:42 PM posted to sci.astro
[email protected][_1_]

--+--

[...]

p.s. 1st Lt. Ehren Watada was originally arrested for speaking of the
President and the Iraq war, thus raising contempt toward other
officials.

Old January 8th 07, 02:43 PM posted to sci.astro
[email protected][_1_]

--+--

[...]

He spoke of a round world, and not with Capital letters.

Old January 8th 07, 03:01 PM posted to sci.astro
[email protected][_1_]

--+--

[...]

War Hero

Well, there was one man who got 6-8 years in jail for daring to say
something about the President. I know the job of the troops is to be
the last to step down from the President's command, but sometimes a
thought that means something, not just words arises. That man, let me
look him up...

1st Lt. Ehren Watada

is a hero, if not the first and most important hero of the United
States.

He realized that... its not just the military where ordinary political
opinions are repressed. Its as if only Republicans are allowed in
the military.

He is young. Well, listen to him. He speaks of things that not
even Nancy Pelosi sees. Things that are wrong.

http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs19056