Parametric down-conversion in the Solar system

Old July 9th 11, 08:45 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Aleksandr Timofeev

Default Parametric down-conversion in the Solar system

# http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?planet_phys_par

From the table of physical parametres of planets we choose column

Sidereal Orbit Period.

Then (frequency in terms of [1 / (sidereal year)]):

f_Mercury: = 1/0.2408467;
f_Venus: = 1/0.61519726;
f_Earth: = 1/1.0000174;
f_Mars: = 1/1.8808476;
f_Jupiter: = 1/11.862615;
f_Saturn: = 1/29.447498;
f_Uranus: = 1/84.016846;
f_Neptune: = 1/164.79132;

Now we find value of the sum of frequencies for all planets:

f_Sys: = f_Mercury+f_Venus+f_Earth+f_Mars+f_Jupiter+f_Satur n+f_Uranus+f_Neptune;

f_Sys: = 7.445399207

# http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?constants

From Astrodynamic Constants we find duration of the sidereal year in
days

sidereal_year: = 365.25636; [d]

sidereal_year/f_Sys;

sidereal_year/f_Sys = 49.05799539 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun

Sun Sidereal rotation period:
(at equator) 25.05 days [1]
(at 16 latitude) 25.38 days [1] 25d 9h 7min 12s [8]
(at poles) 34.4 days [1]

So we have parametric down-conversion in the Solar system:

1. Sun Sidereal rotation period at equator:

Sun_Sidereal_rotation_period = 25.05 days

2. The characteristic period of the solar system as a whole:

characteristic period = 49.05799539 days
Old July 9th 11, 09:45 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Wally W.

On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 12:45:16 -0700 (PDT), Aleksandr Timofeev wrote:

# http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?planet_phys_par

From the table of physical parametres of planets we choose column

Sidereal Orbit Period.

Then (frequency in terms of [1 / (sidereal year)]):

f_Mercury: = 1/0.2408467;
f_Venus: = 1/0.61519726;
f_Earth: = 1/1.0000174;
f_Mars: = 1/1.8808476;
f_Jupiter: = 1/11.862615;
f_Saturn: = 1/29.447498;
f_Uranus: = 1/84.016846;
f_Neptune: = 1/164.79132;

Now we find value of the sum of frequencies for all planets:

f_Sys: = f_Mercury+f_Venus+f_Earth+f_Mars+f_Jupiter+f_Satur n+f_Uranus+f_Neptune;

f_Sys: = 7.445399207

# http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?constants

From Astrodynamic Constants we find duration of the sidereal year in
days

sidereal_year: = 365.25636; [d]

sidereal_year/f_Sys;

sidereal_year/f_Sys = 49.05799539 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun

Sun Sidereal rotation period:
(at equator) 25.05 days [1]
(at 16 latitude) 25.38 days [1] 25d 9h 7min 12s [8]
(at poles) 34.4 days [1]

So we have parametric down-conversion in the Solar system:

1. Sun Sidereal rotation period at equator:

Sun_Sidereal_rotation_period = 25.05 days

2. The characteristic period of the solar system as a whole:

characteristic period = 49.05799539 days

Characteristic how?

What happens every 49 days?
Old July 10th 11, 09:24 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Mike Dworetsky

Aleksandr Timofeev wrote:
# http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?planet_phys_par

From the table of physical parametres of planets we choose column

Sidereal Orbit Period.

Then (frequency in terms of [1 / (sidereal year)]):

f_Mercury: = 1/0.2408467;
f_Venus: = 1/0.61519726;
f_Earth: = 1/1.0000174;
f_Mars: = 1/1.8808476;
f_Jupiter: = 1/11.862615;
f_Saturn: = 1/29.447498;
f_Uranus: = 1/84.016846;
f_Neptune: = 1/164.79132;

Now we find value of the sum of frequencies for all planets:

f_Sys: =
f_Mercury+f_Venus+f_Earth+f_Mars+f_Jupiter+f_Satur n+f_Uranus+f_Neptune;

f_Sys: = 7.445399207

# http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?constants

From Astrodynamic Constants we find duration of the sidereal year in
days

sidereal_year: = 365.25636; [d]

sidereal_year/f_Sys;

sidereal_year/f_Sys = 49.05799539 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun

Sun Sidereal rotation period:
(at equator) 25.05 days [1]
(at 16 latitude) 25.38 days [1] 25d 9h 7min 12s [8]
(at poles) 34.4 days [1]

So we have parametric down-conversion in the Solar system:

1. Sun Sidereal rotation period at equator:

Sun_Sidereal_rotation_period = 25.05 days

2. The characteristic period of the solar system as a whole:

characteristic period = 49.05799539 days

As Wally asked, characteristic how?

And shouldn't you weight these frequencies by mass? If not, why not? Is the
orbital frequency of Earth as important (in some way not yet defined) as the
orbital frequency of Jupiter? If not, why not? And why are you not taking
the rotation periods of each planet into consideration somehow, if you are
including the rotation period of the Sun?

Finally, the rotation period of the Sun is stated for the equator, but it
varies by latitude. Why is zero latitude the only value considered? Surely
some sort of weighted average would be more characteristic?

--
Mike Dworetsky

(Remove pants sp*mbl*ck to reply)

Old July 10th 11, 12:14 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Aleksandr Timofeev

On Jul 10, 12:24*pm, "Mike Dworetsky"
wrote:
Aleksandr Timofeev wrote:
#http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?planet_phys_par

From the table of physical parametres of planets we choose column

Sidereal Orbit Period.

Then (frequency in terms of [1 / (sidereal year)]):

f_Mercury: = 1/0.2408467;
f_Venus: = 1/0.61519726;
f_Earth: = 1/1.0000174;
f_Mars: = 1/1.8808476;
f_Jupiter: = 1/11.862615;
f_Saturn: = 1/29.447498;
f_Uranus: = 1/84.016846;
f_Neptune: = 1/164.79132;

Now we find value of the sum of frequencies for all planets:

f_Sys: =
f_Mercury+f_Venus+f_Earth+f_Mars+f_Jupiter+f_Satur n+f_Uranus+f_Neptune;

f_Sys: = 7.445399207

#http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?constants

From Astrodynamic Constants we find duration of the sidereal year in
[...]

" A parametric oscillator is a harmonic oscillator whose parameters
oscillate in time. For example, a well known parametric oscillator is
a child on a swing where periodically changing the child's center of
gravity causes the swing to oscillate.[1][2] The varying of the
parameters drives the system. Examples of parameters that may be
varied are its resonance frequency ω and damping β.

Parametric oscillators are used in many applications. The classical
varactor parametric oscillator will oscillate when the diode's
capacitance is varied periodically. The circuit that varies the
diode's capacitance is called the "pump" or "driver". In microwave
electronics, waveguide/YAG based parametric oscillators operate in the
same fashion. The designer varies a parameter periodically in order to
induce oscillations.

Parametric oscillators have been developed as low-noise amplifiers,
especially in the radio and microwave frequency range. Thermal noise
is minimal, since a reactance (not a resistance) is varied. Another
common use is frequency conversion, e.g., conversion from audio to
radio frequencies. For example, the Optical parametric oscillator
converts an input laser wave into two output waves of lower frequency
(ωs,ωi).

Parametric resonance occurs in a mechanical system when a system is
parametrically excited and oscillates at one of its resonant
frequencies. Parametric excitation differs from forcing since the
action appears as a time varying modification on a system parameter.
This effect is different from regular resonance because it exhibits
the instability phenomenon."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parametric_oscillator

"Parametric resonance is the parametrical resonance phenomenon of
mechanical excitation and oscillation at certain frequencies (and the
associated harmonics). This effect is different from regular resonance
because it exhibits the instability phenomenon.

Parametric resonance occurs in a mechanical system when a system is
parametrically excited and oscillates at one of its resonant
frequencies.Parametric resonance takes place when the external
excitation frequency equals to twice the natural frequency of the
system. Parametric excitation differs from forcing since the action
appears as a time varying modification on a system parameter. The
classical example of parametric resonance is that of the vertically
forced pendulum.

For small amplitudes and by linearising, the stability of the periodic
solution is given by :

\ddot{u} + (a + B \cos t)u =0 \

where u is some perturbation from the periodic solution. Here the B\
\cos(t) term acts as an ‘energy’ source and is said to parametrically
excite the system. The Mathieu equation describes many other physical
systems to a sinusoidal parametric excitation such as an LC Circuit
where the capacitor plates move sinusoidally."

Finally, the rotation period of the Sun is stated for the equator, but it
varies by latitude. *Why is zero latitude the only value considered?

temporal gravitational variations at the bottom of the convection
zone...
Tidal forces of the detailed modern picture of the internal rotation
of the Sun...

http://solarphysics.livingreviews.or...009-1Color.pdf

Solar Interior Rotation and its Variation
Rachel Howe National Solar Observatory, 950 N. Cherry Ave., Tucson AZ
85719, U.S.A.
http://www.noao.edu/staff/rhowe/
http://www.noao.edu/staff/rhowe/present.htm
Accepted on 10 February 2009
Published on 23 February 2009

Abstract

«This article surveys the development of observational understanding
of the interior rotation
of the Sun and its temporal variation over approximately forty years,
starting with the 1960s
attempts to determine the solar core rotation from oblateness and
proceeding through the
development of helioseismology to the detailed modern picture of the
internal rotation deduced from continuous helioseismic observations
during solar cycle 23. After introducing some basic helioseismic
concepts, it covers, in turn, the rotation of the core and radiative
interior, the “tachocline” shear layer at the base of the convection
zone, the differential rotation in the convection zone, the near-
surface shear, the pattern of migrating zonal flows known as the
torsional oscillation, and the possible temporal variations at the
bottom of the convection zone. For each area, the article also briefly
explores the relationship between observations and models.»

Old July 10th 11, 12:27 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Aleksandr Timofeev

On Jul 10, 12:45*am, Wally W. wrote:
On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 12:45:16 -0700 (PDT), Aleksandr Timofeev wrote:
#http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?planet_phys_par

From the table of physical parametres of planets we choose column

Sidereal Orbit Period.

Then (frequency in terms of [1 / (sidereal year)]):

f_Mercury: = 1/0.2408467;
f_Venus: = 1/0.61519726;
f_Earth: = 1/1.0000174;
f_Mars: = 1/1.8808476;
f_Jupiter: = 1/11.862615;
f_Saturn: = 1/29.447498;
f_Uranus: = 1/84.016846;
f_Neptune: = 1/164.79132;

Now we find value of the sum of frequencies for all planets:

f_Sys: = f_Mercury+f_Venus+f_Earth+f_Mars+f_Jupiter+f_Satur n+f_Uranus+f_Neptune;

f_Sys: = 7.445399207

#http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?constants

From Astrodynamic Constants we find duration of the sidereal year in
[...]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramet...ric_excitation

Sun_Sidereal_rotation_period of the convection zone = 25.05 days

The characteristic period of the solar system as a whole: =
49.05799539 days

Old July 10th 11, 02:58 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Wally W.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 09:24:46 +0100, Mike Dworetsky wrote:

Aleksandr Timofeev wrote:
# http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?planet_phys_par

From the table of physical parametres of planets we choose column

Sidereal Orbit Period.

Then (frequency in terms of [1 / (sidereal year)]):

f_Mercury: = 1/0.2408467;
f_Venus: = 1/0.61519726;
f_Earth: = 1/1.0000174;
f_Mars: = 1/1.8808476;
f_Jupiter: = 1/11.862615;
f_Saturn: = 1/29.447498;
f_Uranus: = 1/84.016846;
f_Neptune: = 1/164.79132;

Now we find value of the sum of frequencies for all planets:

f_Sys: =
f_Mercury+f_Venus+f_Earth+f_Mars+f_Jupiter+f_Satur n+f_Uranus+f_Neptune;

f_Sys: = 7.445399207

# http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?constants

From Astrodynamic Constants we find duration of the sidereal year in
[...]

Also, does not every object in the Solar System contribute to the
calculation? If so, it would seem that the calculation can't be done.
We certainly haven't cataloged every speck speck orbiting in the
asteroid belt. On what basis can we exclude them from the sum of
frequencies calculated above?
Old July 10th 11, 04:13 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Aleksandr Timofeev

Aleksandr Timofeev wrote:
#http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?planet_phys_par

From the table of physical parametres of planets we choose column

Sidereal Orbit Period.

Then (frequency in terms of [1 / (sidereal year)]):

f_Mercury: = 1/0.2408467;
f_Venus: = 1/0.61519726;
f_Earth: = 1/1.0000174;
f_Mars: = 1/1.8808476;
f_Jupiter: = 1/11.862615;
f_Saturn: = 1/29.447498;
f_Uranus: = 1/84.016846;
f_Neptune: = 1/164.79132;

Now we find value of the sum of frequencies for all planets:

f_Sys: =
f_Mercury+f_Venus+f_Earth+f_Mars+f_Jupiter+f_Satur n+f_Uranus+f_Neptune;

f_Sys: = 7.445399207

#http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?constants

From Astrodynamic Constants we find duration of the sidereal year in
[...]

The solar system is nonlinear system of interacting bodies. From the
power point of view, in this system the main bodies are the Sun and
planets. Other bodies can be neglected, since their total weight is
insignificant.
Old July 11th 11, 08:30 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Aleksandr Timofeev

The solar system is nonlinear system of interacting *bodies. From the
power point of view, in this system the main bodies are the Sun and
planets. Other bodies can be neglected, since their total weight is
insignificant.

Please, take a long hard look at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVkdfJ9PkRQ

Old July 21st 11, 03:01 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Aleksandr Timofeev

Finally, the rotation period of the Sun is stated for the equator, but it
varies by latitude. *Why is zero latitude the only value considered? *Surely
some sort of weighted average would be more characteristic?

Orbits of planets lie close to an ecliptic plane. The ecliptic plane
passes through the centre of a plane of equator of the Sun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecliptic_plane

'The plane of the ecliptic (also known as the ecliptic plane) is the
plane of the Earth's orbit around the Sun.[1] It is the primary
reference plane when describing the position of bodies in the Solar
System,[2] with celestial latitude being measured relative to the
ecliptic plane.[3] In the course of a year, the Sun's apparent path
through the sky lies in this plane. The planetary bodies of our Solar
System all tend to lie near this plane, since they were formed from
the Sun's spinning, flattened, protoplanetary disk.[1]'
Old July 22nd 11, 08:16 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Aleksandr Timofeev

On Jul 21, 11:42*pm, "Androcles" .
2011 wrote:
"Aleksandr Timofeev" wrote in message

On 21 ???, 18:44, "Androcles"
wrote:

[...]

Who does not agree with it?
Finally, it has nothing to do with any planets. Finally, any discussion
of planets afterwards isn't final but a whole new subject. Finally, there
is no good reason given for the plane of rotation of the Sun to be aligned
with the ecliptic. And that's final.

I have shown on this fact in the message 1
of this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun

Sun Sidereal rotation period:
(at equator) 25.05 days [1]
(at 16 latitude) 25.38 days [1] *25d 9h 7min 12s [8]
(at poles) 34.4 days [1]

So we have parametric down-conversion in the Solar system:

1. * * *Sun Sidereal rotation period at equator:

* * * * * Sun_Sidereal_rotation_period = 25.05 days

2. * * *The characteristic period of the solar system as a whole:

* * * * * characteristic period = 49.05799539 days

Full marks for being able to copy wackypedia. Three cheers for good
*old Alek. Hip hip... Hooray! Hip hip... Hooray! *Hip hip... Hooray!

Although this statement has nothing at all to do with planets,
wackypedia says Aleksandr Timofeev can't spell his own
name.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Timofeev

Sorry, no cutting corners, the old rules still stand - My name is
Aleksandr Nikolaevich Timofeev *

Awww... I wanted to be cheered for copying wackypedia.
Wackypedia says your name is really spelt "Timofeyev."
As you expect me to trust wackypedia that you like to copy
I have to conclude you can't spell your own name.

What about ' parametric down-conversion in the Solar system'?
Babble. Russian babble. Russian idiot babble.

Huh, then:

It is necessary for you to study carefully phenomena of tidal forces
and the theory of nonlinear (processes) oscillations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_forces

The tidal force is a secondary effect of the force http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force of gravity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Gravity and is responsible for the tides http://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/Tide. It arises because the gravitational force per unit mass
exerted on one body by a second body is not constant across its
diameter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diameter, the side nearest to
the second being more attracted by it than the side farther away.
Stated differently, the tidal force is a differential force.

It makes sense you to familiarise with Convective zone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun#Convective_zone

" Convective zone

In the Sun's outer layer, from its surface down to approximately
200,000 km (or 70 % of the solar radius), the solar plasma is not
dense enough or hot enough to transfer the thermal energy of the
interior outward through radiation; in other words it is opaque
enough. As a result, thermal convection occurs as thermal columns
carry hot material to the surface (photosphere) of the Sun. Once the
material cools off at the surface, it plunges downward to the base of
the convection zone, to receive more heat from the top of the
radiative zone. At the visible surface of the Sun, the temperature has
dropped to 5,700 K and the density to only 0.2 g/m3 (about 1/6,000th
the density of air at sea level). [36]

The thermal columns in the convection zone form an imprint on the
surface of the Sun as the solar granulation and supergranulation. The
turbulent convection of this outer part of the solar interior causes a
"small-scale" dynamo that produces magnetic north and south poles all
over the surface of the Sun. [36]"

evolution of our solar-system as exo-solar-system and why global Archimedes Plutonium[_2_] Astronomy Misc 14 July 31st 09 03:15 AM
Our Solar System [email protected] Astronomy Misc 1 February 28th 07 11:20 AM
ET in solar system Chris SETI 22 August 13th 05 05:22 AM
Name our Solar System [email protected] Space Science Misc 7 May 12th 05 01:14 AM
Solar concentration mirrors in the outer solar system wlm Policy 26 September 13th 04 07:54 AM