Origin of the universe.

Old January 6th 07, 09:02 PM posted to sci.astro
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Origin of the universe.

Scott You know I have to throw my hypothetical thoughts in. Dark energy
is the biggest missing part. Wheeler told us energy can create gravity.
Einstien told us energy and matter were two sides to the same coin.
My theory is dark energy could be radio photons.etc(macro and virtual
particles annihilating in micro realm) Dark matter could be pure
hydrogen,and helium with no dust in them; Only their gravitation gives
them away. Make your New Year resolution "Think Bert's post out"
Don't just jump to knock,and always know Bert's thoughts come out of
good thinking,and not all comes out of Google(Thoughts of others). You
say we can detect pure transparent gases in space HOW? Bert

Old January 6th 07, 11:35 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
BioFreak

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 21:51:02 GMT, Sam Wormley wrote:

Plonk me right here Sam so others would see You don't want to
_openly_ read me, do you.

Why should I plonk you, BioFreak?

Why shouldn't you.

--

"At sea I am reminded of my insignificance -
of all men's insignificance."

- Steven Callahan
Old January 7th 07, 05:10 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.politics
Timothy Golden BandTechnology.com

Default Human Behavior In Universe.

American Jesus wrote:
uri wrote:
How do we know that our perceptions are real? I mean life can be
nothing but a bad dream, never real.

Perhaps you would find better answers on a philosophy group. The fact
is, the more we learn about this universe, the more we realize how much
we don't know. We are a very capable but ignorant species. That is
not an insult, it is just true.
We still believe in gods. Some might say that is ridiculous, but I
suggest that is a natural part of our evolution. We simply aren't
strong enough to not believe in gods. For all of our technology, we
are still stranded on this planet, and all we can do is use telescopes
to marvel at the universe.
We are children, and we know little, but we have great potential and
I do not think it is a bad dream. It is a good dream and we are all in
it together.

NIce post Jesus.

It's like when you tell kids there's no Santa Claus, but people are
willing to die for this.
Wishfully I think one could just snap ones fingers and awaken them.
I consider this a mass hypnosis; a side-effect of instinctive social
behavior.
It sucks to admit this human limitation but without studying it
progress is badly limited.
When we admit the head games we live en mass the world looks less
bright.
The world and the universe are amoral.
Morality is only a feature of animals capable of acts of symmetry.
Beyond that what means are legitimate is an open problem to me, but
efficacy is paramount.
Regardless of our beliefs we are all subject to universal reality.
When a belief system lacks this open basis it guarantees its own
failure.
Each of the Abrahamic religions is false in their exclusion of others
and their inability to see equivalence with their siblings. The most
gentle way to correction seems to be he
http://www.bahai.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahai
Though I am an atheist were the knife at my throat and becoming a Bahai
were to alleviate the threat then I could adopt this system of belief
with minimal conflict.

The treatment of old religions as historical attempts by people of
limited means allows for progression. Rather than attempt to delete
those religions they should be recognized as critical paths to the
current state. Diversity is an important feature of the progression.
The new conformity can address this paradigm of diversity. Only the
simplest irrefutable principles can be imposed globally. This
totalitarian concept can be taken as toleraterial when its directives
are thin. Already nations are subject to constraints.

Beyond this theoretical philosophy I think a gene splice is in order.

-Tim

Old January 8th 07, 04:35 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
BioFreak

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 03:44:18 GMT, Sam Wormley wrote:

BioFreak wrote:
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 21:51:02 GMT, Sam Wormley wrote:

Plonk me right here Sam so others would see You don't want to
_openly_ read me, do you.

Why should I plonk you, BioFreak?

Why shouldn't you.

You might write something I want to read.

Fair enough. I hope I could somehow someday (someway)
contribute anything meaningful. Don't cross your
fingers though.
--

"ehsAsAte ma'navi, chon kholAseh va osAreye
fa''Aliyate mAddiye melyunhA nafar dar moddate

- Mehdi Bazargan
Old January 8th 07, 04:58 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.politics
[email protected]

The world and the universe are amoral.
Morality is only a feature of animals capable of acts of symmetry.

We dont know that.

Please explain to me how, through all the dynamics of electricity,
atoms and molecules, gravity, and whatever other forces you care to
name -

- how is it that all of this bland energy can assemble itself into
creatures capable of good and evil ?

How is it that all of this dull boring energy can love or hate ?

Old January 8th 07, 05:51 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.politics
[email protected]

uri wrote:
How do we know that our perceptions are real? I mean life can be
nothing but a bad dream, never real.

Maybe yours is, but I haven't even worked half the way through my 72
virgins.

BLP

Old January 8th 07, 03:56 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.politics

wrote:
The world and the universe are amoral.
Morality is only a feature of animals capable of acts of symmetry.

We dont know that.

Please explain to me how, through all the dynamics of electricity,
atoms and molecules, gravity, and whatever other forces you care to
name -

- how is it that all of this bland energy can assemble itself into
creatures capable of good and evil ?

How is it that all of this dull boring energy can love or hate ?

If matter itself acts by symmetry and you wish to give it a moral
status then by the symmetry argument above the universe is highly
moral. If morality is only available to entities whose actions are
arbitrary (and I do think that this is an appropriate condition) then I
suppose we are forced to study the determinism problem. Can we explain
the range of potential freedom that a given system is capable of and
the mechanism by which it could attempt a predetermination of its
outcome? Such systems are compellingly amoral if we conclude that they
are not capable of predetermination. When we plug the human into this
equation we see a learning being who is capable of making mistakes and
learning from those mistakes to alter (in a predetermined way) the
outcome of a new situation. This human has a memory. Further, when
developed this being is capable of a logical view that includes the
maintenance of symmetry. This becomes justice and it can take many
forms. For instance don't the Muslims believe in 'an eye for an eye, a
tooth for a tooth'? And don't Christians believe in 'do unto others as
you would have them do unto you'? These are statements of symmetry. The
application takes different forms, but the righteous sense of these
principles comes from a logic of equality or symmetry.

I think the problem of how the animal human comes to be potentially
moral has to also be balanced with its ability to err. We are far from
perfect. So to puzzle over how the human comes into this form of
existence is not necessarily such a stupendous leap. Under evolution a
structured being takes on arbitrary form. Replication allows both
duplication and variation. In the modern genetic view the human is an
accumulation of primitive segments and is only one arbitrary form with
back and knee and mental problems from recent variations. Consideration
of our future variant forms raises some major ethical issues that
cannot be adressed by the current culture. Most are still discussing
how Saint Nick manages to make it around the world with those reindeer
in one night.

-Tim

Origin of the Universe kenseto Astronomy Misc 11 December 3rd 06 10:04 PM
Origin of the Universe Chris H. Fleming Misc 0 January 9th 06 03:19 AM
Origin of the Universe nightbat Misc 2 January 8th 06 09:26 PM
Origin of the Universe Richard Smol Misc 0 January 8th 06 01:49 PM
ORIGIN OF THE UNIVERSE GRAVITYMECHANIC2 Astronomy Misc 0 July 27th 04 05:54 PM